Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Cesc Fàbregas

Special Juan
Followers 3

Yes, but he never said he wanted to go to Arsenal. He told what Wenger said to him, but he omitted his own thoughts on this. To be honest, I think he just didn't want Arsenal fans to hate him for his choice, so he worded his statement that way to put most of the blame on Wenger. Fabregas is too proud and ambitious to want to go back. It would be admitting a failure after he forced the move to Barca.

• Like 3
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I saw numerous comments raising the question as to how would Fabregas fit in a Mourinho's team if Juan Mata (and to a lesser extent de Bruyne) could not. It is to misunderstand what was the situation

Already has more medals for Chelsea than Arsenal.

:lol:

Posted Images

Yes, but he never said he wanted to go to Arsenal. He told what Wenger said to him, but he omitted his own thoughts on this. To be honest, I think he just didn't want Arsenal fans to hate him for his choice, so he worded his statement that way to put most of the blame on Wenger. Fabregas is too proud and ambitious to want to go back. It would be admitting a failure after he forced the move to Barca.

He never said directly he wanted to go back to Arsenal but think from what he has said or indicated, he did want to play for Arsenal again. We all know his love for them is no secret.

• Like 2

He never said directly he wanted to go back to Arsenal but think from what he has said or indicated, he did want to play for Arsenal again. We all know his love for them is no secret.

Yeah, I'm sure he's still fond of Arsenal, but first and foremost, he's a WC player who wants to win. As a human being, Cesc is far from being a cunt outside the pitch, but imo, his loyalty to Arsenal is a bit questionable after he forced his way out of the club to play for Barca, home club or not.

He's 27 years old and he won everything but the champions league and PL. He's a smart lad. And going back is pretty humiliating.

• Like 3

I still can't get how out of the blue (pardon the pun) this transfer was. Can't say I'm complaining though, another world-class player at the club! :blue scalf:

• Like 2

Yeah, I'm sure he's still fond of Arsenal, but first and foremost, he's a WC player who wants to win. As a human being, Cesc is far from being a cunt outside the pitch, but imo, his loyalty to Arsenal is a bit questionable after he forced his way out of the club to play for Barca, home club or not.

He's 27 years old and he won everything but the champions league and PL. He's a smart lad.

Forced his way out of the club? I don't think so. He wanted to go back to Barcelona all those years ago and he made it clear. But instead, Wenger stubbornly went against his wishes and kept him at the club. And despite that, Fabregas didn't sulk and still performed for them. He practically stuck to the task till the end. It's not like he moaned to the media 24/7 and refused to play for the club.

Forced his way out of the club? I don't think so. He wanted to go back to Barcelona all those years ago and he made it clear. But instead, Wenger stubbornly went against his wishes and kept him at the club. And despite that, Fabregas didn't sulk and still performed for them. He practically stuck to the task till the end. It's not like he moaned to the media 24/7 and refused to play for the club.

Well, there are many versions of the whole Fabregas to Barcelona saga. According to some Arsenal fans, he did sulk a bit(but still did his job, being a professional and a captain). I actually remember how pissed Arsenal fans were when an injured Cesc attended Spanish GP instead of watching Arsenal play the last game of the season like Gerrard did. Some fans started questioning his loyalty to Arsenal, etc. So it's not all black and white. Fabregas isn't the type to publicly sulk and refuse to play if he isn't sold, but his desire to leave for Barcelona was hardly a secret, and Arsenal was forced to sell him for far less money than he was worth because he only wanted to go to Barcelona. Sure, he loved Arsenal, but it was his choice to leave. And I can't imagine him wanting to go back with his tail between his legs when he had other options from top clubs like Chelsea. I know I wouldn't.
  • Like 3

Of course he forced himself out of the club for the way things happened, for how he talked about it before and after he signed to Barcelona. I doesn't mean he wasn't professional while he did it. He wanted to leave, he did everything in his power to leave, while still respecting the company that paid his wages - which is the honorable thing to do, but he forced his way just fine. He did everything ethical in his power.

and I also agree with Daniel about him mentioning Arsenal. It wasn't optional, he HAD to talk to Arsenal (it wasn't Chelsea job to check with Arsenal if they wanted him). So he said what happened. We talked to Arsenal (something he couldn't avoid because of the clause) and they didn't seem interested. End of it. He never worded it in a way HE wanted to go back, it was just business as usual given the clause in his contract.

I do think Mourinho is trolling, but I also think someone like Cesc wouldn't want to go to a club that doesn't win anything relevant in 8 years. Who knows how long it's going to take for them to win something again, especially something more important than FA Cup - a charming, nice trophy, but not that important. Relevant yes, I love the Cup, but seriously, 8 years and that's all they could win? Who'd want to go back there?

• Like 2

Of course he forced himself out of the club for the way things happened, for how he talked about it before and after he signed to Barcelona. I doesn't mean he wasn't professional while he did it. He wanted to leave, he did everything in his power to leave, while still respecting the company that paid his wages - which is the honorable thing to do, but he forced his way just fine. He did everything ethical in his power.

That was practically what I said..

and I also agree with Daniel about him mentioning Arsenal. It wasn't optional, he HAD to talk to Arsenal (it wasn't Chelsea job to check with Arsenal if they wanted him). So he said what happened. We talked to Arsenal (something he couldn't avoid because of the clause) and they didn't seem interested. End of it. He never worded it in a way HE wanted to go back, it was just business as usual given the clause in his contract.

I do think Mourinho is trolling, but I also think someone like Cesc wouldn't want to go to a club that doesn't win anything relevant in 8 years. Who knows how long it's going to take for them to win something again, especially something more important than FA Cup - a charming, nice trophy, but not that important. Relevant yes, I love the Cup, but seriously, 8 years and that's all they could win? Who'd want to go back there?

I'm not disputing about the "contractual" agreement with Arsenal but rather why do people seem so adamant that Arsenal wasn't his first choice, his preferred club to return to if it could have happened? What has been mentioned may be true that he doesn't want to return to them but doubt it's as black and white as that.

But oh well, he's ours now anyway. These things don't matter anymore. :chai:

• Like 3

Interesting quote. does that give insight into where he will play for us? Ozil occupies the n10 for Arsenal..

Not necessarily. It just tells us where Wenger would have played him.

But of course it doesn't mean that Jose won't play him there. He really might. I'm sure we'll see at least a few games with Cesc as #10, if not more.

We'll find out soon enough, I guess. Chelsea TV will probably ask him about his position when they interview him next week.

• Like 3

Wenger on Fabregas: "I don’t know who tells the truth here or not. But he landed where he wanted to go.”

didn't Arsenal say they had other targets so they didn't want him?

Theres no way he could ever have played with Lampard, absolutely no love lost between them. But can see him slotting in nice next to Matic now Franks gone.

Despised the fucker when he was at goonerland, and we gave him no shortage of verbals. But hating players is churlish, and I bet all those fuckwits on message boards that slag off Terry would shake his hand and ask for his autograph if they met him.

Fabregas is a horrible cunt, but hes our horrible cunt.

• Like 3