Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

He used to play as a deeper CM for Arsenal where he provided bucket loads of assists.

He wouldn't play in the deeper role to do the dirty work either. That's what Matic is for. He'd be the playmaker there.

do even u believe that our second pivot player wont have to do the dirty work!!! its like saying modric does not do the dirty work, only alonso does that in RM.

this is not arsenal. jose will make sure of that!!! from him the defense of the team has always come first. a solid system is the basic ground work of his successes. the cunt wont be the "playmaker" in the team. heck, even oscar is not the play maker and does a lot of dirtywork.

Now that Lampard is official, this makes the most sense to me.

People mentioned of Pogba, Vidal and such seems a bit far fetched. There's the thing about the club wanting to sell and the player wanting to leave.

In this case Barcelona does want to get rid of Fabregas, and the player does want to go. The only stumbling block is Arsenal. Despite all the talk that Arsenal is not interested, we don't know.

We can just wait and see what they have to say about this deal, since they have first refusal.

If we can get past all that, I say for 30 million is a good deal. I'm not sure how much Barcelona paid for him, but his experience and his age seems like a reasonable fee. And he wouldn't have to adjust to the PL since he's well accustomed to it.

I would prefer Pogba or Koke (both would be amazing signings) but Fabregas is world class, cunt or not. Have we not been crying for creativity from the deeper positions? We are getting one of the most (if not the most) creative CM's in the world and yet people are not happy. I understand the reasons, but if the club was making decisions based on emotion we would not be where we are today. We need to be pragmatic about the squad.

Just over six months ago we would start with Torres up front and Ramires-Lampard in the pivot. Now it seems more and more likely that we will start with Costa up front and Matic-Fabregas in the pivot. This is an absolutely massive upgrade on every level and would give us one of the best squads in the world.

Fabregas is 27 and with his set of skills he can be expected to perform (unless injuries happen) on a very high level up until he is 33 or more. That is six seasons of Fabregas in his prime, £30m is nothing for that. I applaud the board if this goes through, and I will have the time of my life when meeting my dear Arsenal-friendly friends.

I also think Fabregas is underrated in the defense. It is not his main strength obviously, but he is not exactly a complete liability. Matic-Fabregas is not exactly Arteta-Wilshere.

For what it's worth i just heard on Sky Sports News that reports of a deal with Fabregas are not true.

Make of that what you will.

From what the Guardian and Telegraph have said, we're preparing a £30m for Cesc - nothing has been formally done or agreed yet.

Sky Sports/Balague saying that nothing has been agreed yet doesn't contradict that.

Would prefer Koke, but he would cost more and probably favors Barca. Pogba would be a dream, but he favors PSG/Real Madrid over us I think. Cesc is a great player, but he is more of a B2B and I think we rather need a DLP to break-up teams and have a nice build-up. Still, he would be an upgrade on Ramires and everyone we have in midfield.

PS: Barca paid 35 m euros for him. They now want (as reported) 35-40 m for him, so exact the same amount they paid for him few years ago (if true)

Would prefer Koke, but he would cost more and probably favors Barca. Pogba would be a dream, but he favors PSG/Real Madrid over us I think. Cesc is a great player, but he is more of a B2B and I think we rather need a DLP to break-up teams and have a nice build-up. Still, he would be an upgrade on Ramires and everyone we have in midfield.

He is the epitome of a "DLP"; he isn't really a box-to-box at all....his passing range is amazing.

@samuelj29060: The reliable @Kike_Marin_ says Fàbregas has spoken with Mourinho & agreed to move to Chelsea. #cfc now need to agree a fee with Barça.

@ChelsTransfer: Chelsea have decided to sign Spanish midfielder Fabregas as Mourinho wants the players with Abramovich ready to spend €37m #CFC #FCB (Marca)

:ph34r:

I'm not saying he won't have to do dirty work, but the majority of the dirty work will be done by Matic.

And as I've said before, watching him at Arsenal when he did play in that deeper CM role he isn't as bad defensively as some are trying to make out. He was competent enough then, and that was next to a certain Alex Song who bombed forward a lot. Cesc can do an adequate job just like Modric does for example.

PS: why do you sound so angry?

Precisely. You can't compare his role at arsenal with this one as the systems are very very different. People are looking at it in a very 1-D way thinking solely about the attacking part and he does fit the bill there, but I really doubt he ia good enough defensively. The workrate, the organization, these are not things u associate with this guy.

The next part is his DNA. Its arsenal, its barca buts its definitely not chelsea. He is anything but BLUE!!!!

PS- I am angry. If there is one player in the world that I would NEVER have wanted to see in chelsea blue, it was this cunt! I am still not buying into us being interested in him. It simply can't be. I am just gonna stay away from this thread for a while.

Precisely. You can't compare his role at arsenal with this one as the systems are very very different. People are looking at it in a very 1-D way thinking solely about the attacking part and he does fit the bill there, but I really doubt he ia good enough defensively. The workrate, the organization, these are not things u associate with this guy.

The next part is his DNA. Its arsenal, its barca buts its definitely not chelsea. He is anything but BLUE!!!!

PS- I am angry. If there is one player in the world that I would NEVER have wanted to see in chelsea blue, it was this cunt! I am still not buying into us being interested in him. It simply can't be. I am just gonna stay away from this thread for a while.

It´s not your day anyway. Perhaps, something about Mondays?

I'm left to assume he's the only player of that ilk that is available. I'm not convinced he's the best option but for 30m I'm not mad.

We still need one more player to realistically meet the homegrown status....

Blackman, Terry, Cahill, Ake, Lukaku, Cesc, Moses,