Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Why do people hate him so much? He's undeniably a good player. Versatile. He's very marketable and Arsenal fans would absolutely hate it. I don't get what's there to be against? If Mourinho feels he's good enough, he's good enough..

He probably embodies all that Wenger is more than anyone else. If you were to drain Wenger's nutsack entirely, and then stack it 5'10" high and stick a stupid face on it then it would probably look a lot like Fabregas.

And him winning trophies at Chelsea? If you were to kick Wenger in that nutsack before draining then it would look a lot like Fabregas in a Chelsea shirt.

I'm not saying that it wouldn't be funny watching Arsenal fans squirm and of course there's a little bit of hypocrisy in there but he's soooo Arsenal and Barcelona.

He's homegrown, he's proven in this league, he's in his prime, he's available, he's probably what we need offensively although I think he's a bit of a softcock defensively....I need Jose to tell me he's the right guy before I believe this could happen. I still think he'll end up at City.

I have to admit that he is a good player, I remember when he was still 17 and was impressing everyone. He would be a good signing if you base your opinion on footballing abilities and fit for the current team.

But just today I saw the video of him pulling Frank and it really bothered me. Frank is a legend and a great person off the field, and the fans have emotional connections with him. Plus the fact that he might not be here next season makes it that much harder to watch.

I guess it is up to you on how you want to see this transfer. I still haven't made up my mind on how I really feel to be honest.

François Piraux doesn't know anything, don't believe anything he says.

I'm in Brazil now for WC prep but if Miguel Rico of Mundo Deportivo says that #Chelsea & FCB are close to a deal on #Cesc it'll be sound

Okay this has gathered more steam than I ever imagined it would so now its time to give my two cents worth. Firstly, I really think Cesc is nice player, came through the ranks of two teams who love to knock it around the pitch. He is in the prime of his career and Assoc. trained so it ticks another box for CFC. Will he provide us with versatility? absolutely he has played auxiliary striker, the wing and CM.

Do I like this guy? no, but I am a believer in Jose Mourinho so if he deems Cesc as a player we need to achieve our objectives then I'm gonna back it. I was pretty adamant Jose wouldn't change his philosophy but it appears he may be doing just that. Perhaps its 4-1-4-1 next year? Or maybe a healthy dose of 4-3-3?

Either way for fans of attacking football this is a dream come true. Finally someone who can dictate the tempo in behind the attacking three, teams will be forced to come out a bit to account for him...

We'll see how this transpires, never a dull moment at the bridge.

Man city and Arsenal already ruled themselves out (if you believe the reports) Liverpool? Does Cesc really want to live in Cheshire ,nice place but not much happens there or have his house broken into when he's playing in away games if he lives closer to the city.

If he comes to England i think it'll be to us.he knows London and can have a great home and still be near the training ground,the bridge and good places to spend his off duty time.

François Piraux doesn't know anything, don't believe anything he says.

I'm in Brazil now for WC prep but if Miguel Rico of Mundo Deportivo says that #Chelsea & FCB are close to a deal on #Cesc it'll be sound

What he doesn't say is what #Cesc feels about joining #Chelsea.

the big question is ,, would he be better than Mikel or Ramires??? :halo:

He usually nets 10-15 goals and assists about 20 every seson, so in this aspect yes. But Mikel's and Ramires' defensive work can't be compared to Fabregas'. Mikel is also much more reliable.

If I see someone on twitter say he won't join because him and Mourinho argued in the past I am going to fuck myself out of the window. If Cesc is offered the chance to return to London with us, be close to his gf who lives there and earn say... £4-5m a yr.... he isnt going to think "naaa, me and him argued, id rather not"

I point you to wards Eto'o few yrs back saying we are a pathetic club and he'd never join us

If I see someone on twitter say he won't join because him and Mourinho argued in the past I am going to fuck myself out of the window. If Cesc is offered the chance to return to London with us, be close to his gf who lives there and earn say... £4-5m a yr.... he isnt going to think "naaa, me and him argued, id rather not"

I point you to wards Eto'o few yrs back saying we are a pathetic club and he'd never join us

as they say Time heals .... and lots of money helps massage hurt pride