Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

However not everybody can immediately start showing love towards him, talking about future captaincy and putting him down as their favourite player before he has even played in an official match for Chelsea. Some time needs to pass to completely erase the image of him in Arsenal and Barcelona shirts. I admit that is going to be a lot easier if he scores goals like the one yesterday more often :)

I know some people have talked about captaincy but you quoted me so I'll just leave it here that I never said such a thing. In addition to that, there are some players who are so good that you will just like them no matter where they are playing. And I have a weak spot for great midfielders, if we signed Pirlo, for instance, he'd be my favorite player from day one. I don't think favorite player is as tied to playing and winning for Chelsea as captaincy. I'm a football fan first and foremost - and I only came to be one because of players like Lampard, Fabregas, Zidane, Ronaldo...

Also I just don't give as much importance to players featuring for another clubs as some here do, that's why whilst not particularly pleased with Lampard playing for Shitty, I'm not overly concerned about it either. I just accept football transfers as what they are, business - particularly in this day and age. So I don't hold it against Fabregas his time playing for Arsenal or Barcelona. I find it many times worse when a player says something bad directed at our club, but even then many people didn't mind Eto'o signing for us at all - especially when he began scoring.

As long as the player performs and wins matches for us, even the "but he played for arsenal" people will shut up and support him. And I don't have much of a doubt that he will perform.

I know some people have talked about captaincy but you quoted me so I'll just leave it here that I never said such a thing. In addition to that, there are some players who are so good that you will just like them no matter where they are playing. And I have a weak spot for great midfielders, if we signed Pirlo, for instance, he'd be my favorite player from day one. I don't think favorite player is as tied to playing and winning for Chelsea as captaincy. I'm a football fan first and foremost - and I only came to be one because of players like Lampard, Fabregas, Zidane, Ronaldo...

Also I just don't give as much importance to players featuring for another clubs as some here do, that's why whilst not particularly pleased with Lampard playing for Shitty, I'm not overly concerned about it either. I just accept football transfers as what they are, business - particularly in this day and age. So I don't hold it against Fabregas his time playing for Arsenal or Barcelona. I find it many times worse when a player says something bad directed at our club, but even then many people didn't mind Eto'o signing for us at all - especially when he began scoring.

As long as the player performs and wins matches for us, even the "but he played for arsenal" people will shut up and support him. And I don't have much of a doubt that he will perform.

I think people on this forum were against the signing of Fabregas (me included) due to his 'history' with Lampard, rather than the fact that he's a former Arsenal player

I mean, we signed Ashley Cole all those years ago and he turned out to be brilliant...at one point, he was the best LB in the world

I don't mind players featuring for other clubs...but it hurts to see a club legend join a rival for 6 months :cry:

I think people on this forum were against the signing of Fabregas (me included) due to his 'history' with Lampard, rather than the fact that he's a former Arsenal player

I mean, we signed Ashley Cole all those years ago and he turned out to be brilliant...at one point, he was the best LB in the world

I don't mind players featuring for other clubs... but it hurts to see a club legend join a rival for 6 months :cry:

:(

If you read the first part of my post again you'll see I have nothing against Fabregas (anymore). The moment he posed with the blue shirt changed everything and from then on he has my full support. I said I couldn't understand the majority of those who fell in love with him instantly and you gave a reasonable response:

I'm a football fan first and foremost - and I only came to be one because of players like Lampard, Fabregas, Zidane, Ronaldo...

...so fair play to that. I can't imagine why would someone who is first of all a Chelsea fan and has supported them through the noughties at least would prefer Cesc over a legend like JT for example.

Eto'o has made some negative comments for us in the past and so has Fabregas. I'm not trying to read too much into that to be honest. Football players say stuff to please the fans of their current team or it's just a burst of emotions related to some event in the past. I think they should be careful and never say publicly "I'll never play for XXXX" as you never know if this team won't be their best career option at some point. The media will surely try to use those outdated quotes as a beatstick.

The captain's armband is pointless really. A leader will lead reggardless of a piece of elastic. If Cesc is the leader people think he is, leading every match by example should be no problem sans armband.

I remember when people was saying David Luiz was the next captain.

I'm like, men let the guy at least play for a full season!

Cesc is going to be the signing of the season in the epl....

On a side note, Arsenal probably wouldn't need cesc as much as Chelsea would. If I was manager/tech director and had limited funds, I would of done the same and use it on sanchez instead of cesc. However, I'm glad United didnt get cesc...

I don't mind players featuring for other clubs...but it hurts to see a club legend join a rival for 6 months :cry:

I said at the time I was delighted we signed Cesc. NOT just to annoy the gooners but because the guy is PURE

class as a player

Not sure if this has been posted yet.

"Fabregas is the player we need to modify a little bit the profile of our game, which we need," Mourinho added. "We want to give the next dimension to our game in midfield and Fabregas is this kind of player which I like to call 'the seven', because he's not the six and he's not the eight."

"Normally the seven is the winger, I also call the seven the guy in midfield who's not the six, he's not the eight. Or he's a six and eight at the same time. So he's a seven and we need him a lot."

First off, what the **** is he talking about lol? and secondly, where can I watch the interview where he said that? I'm assuming he means Cesc is a complete midfielder but I'm not entirely sure. At least he's confirmed he intends to play him in CM, Oscar can breathe a sigh of relief.

Not sure if this has been posted yet.

"Fabregas is the player we need to modify a little bit the profile of our game, which we need," Mourinho added. "We want to give the next dimension to our game in midfield and Fabregas is this kind of player which I like to call 'the seven', because he's not the six and he's not the eight."

"Normally the seven is the winger, I also call the seven the guy in midfield who's not the six, he's not the eight. Or he's a six and eight at the same time. So he's a seven and we need him a lot."

First off, what the **** is he talking about lol? and secondly, where can I watch the interview where he said that? I'm assuming he means Cesc is a complete midfielder but I'm not entirely sure. At least he's confirmed he intends to play him in CM, Oscar can breathe a sigh of relief.

Interview with Ferdinand, BT sports I thought.

Arsenal fans at Arsenal Mania when someone posted a gif of Cesc's goal:

They loved him to a ridiculous degree, and now seem to be torn between "Cunt!" and "It's not really his fault, I wish he still played for us." I'm really looking forward to our game at Emirates. Curious how they greet him. Better get earplugs, though.

He WAS Arsenal and the few gooners with brains know that

11:08 onwards