Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Actually, that miss after Eden's pass aside, he played pretty well today. I thought he looked sharper today as #10 than he did in previous game. Was certainly more involved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3VwAVqZCRM

Those highlights don't have his passes to Drogba though:

If only Drogba was fitter. And Torres wasn't Torres.

4-3-3 is the best formation for current chelsea.

matic-ramires-cesc

0scar-costa-hazard

Schurrle/Willian for Oscar, Oscar is too slow for the wing.

I agree on the 4-3-3 but I'd have

Matic-Cesc

Oscar

Schurrle/Willian-Hazard

Costa

by far our best formation if all of them are in form.

Actually, that miss after Eden's pass aside, he played pretty well today. I thought he looked sharper today as #10 than he did in previous game. Was certainly more involved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3VwAVqZCRM

Those highlights don't have his passes to Drogba though:

If only Drogba was fitter. And Torres wasn't Torres.

Drogba may not be what he used to be...but I still love how the other players like Brana and Terry get fired up when he steps onto the pitch.

People need to look at the game again, you can say Cesc was ineffective today while playing as a number 10, but why do you think that is? our midfielders have to play more risky balls into Cesc. Matic tried if occasional but more often than not they (Matic,MVG+defence) would pass it out to the wings. We need to pass it into Cesc when he's further up the pitch and able to cause damage.

I agree that Cesc should be our deep lying playmaker, although we struggled creative wise last season i think it was more to do with our midfielders failing to consistently play the risky ball into our attackers, again remember how Hazard and Oscar had to drop deep to get a touch. The advantage with Cesc playing in the pivot means the likes of Hazard, Willian and Oscar can receive the ball when they are higher up the pitch and in space.

People need to look at the game again, you can say Cesc was ineffective today while playing as a number 10, but why do you think that is? our midfielders have to play more risky balls into Cesc. Matic tried if occasional but more often than not they (Matic,MVG+defence) would pass it out to the wings. We need to pass it into Cesc when he's further up the pitch and able to cause damage.

I agree that Cesc should be our deep lying playmaker, although we struggled creative wise last season i think it was more to do with our midfielders failing to consistently play the risky ball into our attackers, again remember how Hazard and Oscar had to drop deep to get a touch. The advantage with Cesc playing in the pivot means the likes of Hazard, Willian and Oscar can receive the ball when they are higher up the pitch and in space.

exactly why he has to be there because we already proved we don't have the player that will take that risk. Cesc will. Cesc will pass them, as he did in those 45 minutes against Vitesse. It's natural for him to do that.

And today Cesc also dropped deep in a handful occasions to get a touch as well - same as our AMs last season. I think Mourinho is making as much tests as he can now and will only take the last two friendlies more seriously (not that he hasn't been serious so far, I think he'll make tests until then, but with the full squad at his disposal he'll probably stick to the test he liked more and won't make as many subs in the last two).

"What I know is, him at 10 doesn't improve our play. We might as well have kept Mata for that."

2 pre season games... ffs...

Preseason or not, we need someone to get the ball to the attacking players. Fabregas can do this.

But if Fabregas plays higher up the pitch, then we have the same problems of slow build up, no creativity from deep etc that we have always had.

Looks like Cesc likes not only Lebanese women, but Lebanese food as well :D

BuYe3kWCcAEJB59.jpg

CC: @Barbara

we're soulmates, Cho Chou, the same time you were mentioning me here, I was tweeting you about the same thing.

Let's get married - I'll make an exception about the spiritual sides of our lives. No hugging is assured, unless you ask ;)

Preseason or not, we need someone to get the ball to the attacking players. Fabregas can do this.

But if Fabregas plays higher up the pitch, then we have the same problems of slow build up, no creativity from deep etc that we have always had.

we only have that problem if we stay with Mikel