Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Lol no i'm serious, we should get him. We can offer him a starting spot, CL football, and competitive wages. How much defense would he actually have to put in with The Beast Matic next to him? He could play in a deeper role, and has before. Not just that, he's versatile so if anyone got injured he could easily play on the wings or as a #10.

couldnt have said it better! And i mean he is the most realistic target I guess ? Modric unavailable or only for crazy money, pogba and Vidal I think the same any other options ? Cesc won't move in Spain, won't move to Italy can't see him at bayern or psg.. So only England left! United seems like they don't want him anymore arsenal the same Liverpool I guess is no option and city don't know but doesn't seem like?!?

Barcelona don't sell their best players and we don't do business with them.

So why should we want a Barcelona reject? It makes no sense, plus I don't like his face. Both of them.

There I said it.

for the right price they will sell and why shouldn't we do business with Barcelona ? Belleti deco ?

couldnt have said it better! And i mean he is the most realistic target I guess ? Modric unavailable or only for crazy money, pogba and Vidal I think the same any other options ? Cesc won't move in Spain, won't move to Italy can't see him at bayern or psg.. So only England left! United seems like they don't want him anymore arsenal the same Liverpool I guess is no option and city don't know but doesn't seem like?!?

For sure, he is. He's available and cheap, relatively. He wants to move to England, do you think he wants to spend a year in his prime on a team without cl? Arsenal want someone more defensive. City? Where would he play? It's between us and Liverpool.

Barcelona don't sell their best players and we don't do business with them.

So why should we want a Barcelona reject? It makes no sense, plus I don't like his face. Both of them.

There I said it.

You seen the list of players who they will allow to leave?

Because he's a damn good footballer.

For sure, he is. He's available and cheap, relatively. He wants to move to England, do you think he wants to spend a year in his prime on a team without cl? Arsenal want someone more defensive. City? Where would he play? It's between us and liverpool..

Not Sure liverpool will be a real force next Year with cl Football and anyway there are Henderson and Gerrard who are safe we only have matic!

I'd love for you to provide me evidence that Cesc can't defend... Cesc really isn't that bad defensively. He can hold his own, just like someone like Modric does.

Why would he not accept playing the deeper role for Chelsea, or any club? If he went to United or City he'd play behind a number 10 too. Cesc played his best football in that deeper CM role, it really isn't that hard to fathom whether he would accept that role here. I completely disagree with you on that. What is Cesc desired role? Where else is he going to play number 10? At United (Mata, Januzaj, Kagawa)? No. At City (Silva or even Yaya)? No. At Arsenal (Ozil)... no.

Cesc has never been a number 10. Always naturally been a number 8 that can be shoved in to various roles because of his talent.

I completely disagree with you also on the fact that you think Mourinho would have to completely change his philosophy or tactics if Cesc came here to play in the pivot. How many times did Mourinho play Lampard there over Mikel last season? If Mou was so rigid with his 4-2-3-1 that he required great defensive work from both of his midfielders in that pivot, why did Lampard play so many games over JOM? That alone should tell you that Jose is not adverse to putting someone who isn't a pure DM in the pivot.

Of course a midfielder's role in a 4-3-3 is different to a midfielders role in a 4-2-3-1, that goes without saying, but have you never seen a counter attacking 4-2-3-1 featuring a number 8 in the pivot before? Again, I gave you the Dortmund and Real example, or even Bayern under Jupp.

In fact, an inverted midfield tandem of Oscar, Fabregas and Matic in the 4-2-3-1 would work very well in my opinion, it's nicely balanced, especially against teams that sit deep - which was our main problem last season. Against these sort of setups where we don't really require a pure B2B midfielder in the pivot a player like Cesc can be very effective.

Again, it's putting Cesc in the 2 man midfield doesn't mean Mou would completely alter the system I think Jose wants to develop here at all. Adding Cesc actually gives him a lot of variety in midfield to change it up to how he wants it to be. For example, in the bigger games Jose usually employs a 3 man midfield anyway in the 4-3-3. Here Cesc can also be effective alongside someone like Ramires and Matic.

I actually think that's quite narrow minded view... Football can be played in many different ways and as we all know Jose knows that very well. I would love to sign Pogba, you know that, but just because I would like the Cesc signing as well doesn't mean I don't understand football, that's a ridiculous thing to say.

Anyway. We don't even know if Pogba is attainable, but we do know that Cesc is transferrable for a very affordable fee of £30m. £30m for a world class midfielder who is very versatile would be a great deal in my opinion.

Courtois

Azpi - Cahill - JT - Luis

Fabregas - Matic

Willian - Oscar - Hazard

Costa

That is the look of a very well balanced, talented team IMO.

Oh my word, you actually believe this thing has legs? Dude Cesc has never been considered any sort of defender, the teams he's played for have never required he play any sort of defense, and definitely not the type of defense Jose would demand of someone in that position.

You keep ignoring one key factor... 4-3-3 is COMPLETELY different to 4-2-3-1!! what you ask of a CM in 4-3-3 is not the same as what is required in 4-2-3-1. When Cesc played in England, Arsenal mainly played 4-3-3 and 4-4-1-1 with Cesc in a free role behind the striker. If he went to Utd? Dude you're dutch you should know Van Gaal, what formation does he prefer? You can't see Cesc in a midfield three under Van Gaal? You can't see Cesc replacing Nasri and moving Silva to the left flank? Its obvious to me even Arsenal provide more of a role for Cesc than we can the way they used Arteta who was a 10 in the holding role is perfectly consistent with how Arsene would use Cesc... The difference is how the manager views the role, not what we think would be best for Chelsea. The way Jose sets up is different to that of any other team, much more rigid.

You mention Frank in the deeper position, did you see Frank get forward at all this year? he stayed home a HELLUVA lot, same can be said for Ramires! Frank is/was a box to box midfielder, capable of getting forward and holding his own defensively, that's why he was more suited to Jose's 4-2-3-1 than say someone like Mikel. Ramires best represents the type of player Jose would like next to Matic but his technique is subpar. Face it guys what you want Chelsea to play like is in contrast to the way Jose sets his team out to do. We press high up the pitch and try to win the ball in advanced areas, or we sit deep and wait to hit the team on the counter. You think Cesc is the type of player capable of playing with the defensive discipline needed to feature regularly for Jose in the pivot??? Dude... In all of the big games he played Luiz, a CB by trade in the holding role. With Jose, good defense leads to good offense, not the other way around.

Again, you are talking about different footballing philosophies!!! You say Jupp Heynekes and I say JOSE MOURINHO! They do not read from the same playbook and have different ways of achieving what it is they want accomplished!! Why is that so hard for you guy to understand? It has nothing to do with whether or we think Cesc will accept that role(he wouldn't)or even whether or not that role would even work! It has everything to do with how Jose sets up a team and what types of players he wants in those roles.

As I've said many times what you guys want from Chelsea and what Jose wants may be similar in terms of the end product which is trophies but how a team gets there is in stark contrast. Jose won't abandon the football that has made him so successful at this stage in his career and putting someone like Cesc in that holding role is a complete 180 turn from what I've know of Jose since 2004.

THe papers in Cataluña are saying that Barcelona want Koke, Aguero, Marquinhos and Cuadrado. They need to sell, and the players that have some value and they want to sell are Alexis and Fabregas.

I would buy both of them if they cost less than 40M€ like the papers are saying.

Many here want a playmaker in the double pivot, I think with Fabregas we would get a player offensive attributes that can defend well, with a lot of experience and quality.

I don't think there are a lot of differences between Lampard and Cesc. Cesc can play with Matic.

And is also a great solution to play in some games with Matic-Ramires or Tiago-Cesc

I actually think that's quite narrow minded view... Football can be played in many different ways and as we all know Jose knows that very well. I would love to sign Pogba, you know that, but just because I would like the Cesc signing as well doesn't mean I don't understand football, that's a ridiculous thing to say.

Anyway. We don't even know if Pogba is attainable, but we do know that Cesc is transferrable for a very affordable fee of £30m. £30m for a world class midfielder who is very versatile and home grown too would be a great deal in my opinion.

Courtois

Azpi - Cahill - JT - Luis

Fabregas - Matic

Willian - Oscar - Hazard

Costa

That is the look of a very well balanced, talented team IMO.

Dude I would LOVE to see more attacking football from Chelsea, I just don't think Jose will change to deliver that. When I said someone understands football I meant understands what type of set up works best for a Mourinho team to function at its full capacity.

if "a Barcelona reject" is still world-class and capable of walking into any top team.. Then a Barcelona reject I'll take.

Not mention we got a reject from Madrid as manager, sold a reject to PSG for world record fee, sold a reject to MU earlier this year. Why do teams keep signing these damn rejects? Because they are top class people in this sport and just because they doesn't fit in a team doesn't mean they won't fit in another one.

Not mention we got a reject from Madrid as manager, sold a reject to PSG for world record fee, sold a reject to MU earlier this year. Why do teams keep signing these damn rejects? Because they are top class people in this sport and just because they doesn't fit in a team doesn't mean they won't fit in another one.

Azpilicueta is a Marseille reject too :whistling:

So instead of buying a proven world class midfielder in his prime for £30 million we should splash £50 million on a young talent in Pogba... i'm sorry Pogba doesn't justify that type of fee, Fabregas is in his prime, he suits the PL style more than Barcelona's 'tiki-taka' mainly because he has a more direct passing style similar to Mata. He can also play in a box-to-box role, how many times for Arsenal did he pass forward and make late runs into box and score? Pogba for £50 million makes no sense at all, it's a huge gamble IMO. Fabregas may be a cunt, but he has all the attributes to complement Matic tremendously, he can also help Oscar out in terms of creativity.

I think he said just after he left for Barca that he still had a home in London or at least regularly visited.

If he's in London for any other reason than he's definitely going back to Arse.