Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

I still think he can be very effective in the number 10 role, it's just that yesterday we struggled to keep the ball, especially in the first half. Vitesse played the high line and their defence would press whenever our attackers had the ball, so for that reason I would have played him deeper where he can dictate the tempo of the game. But there will be times when we may need Cesc higher up the pitch to create goal-scoring chances, it all depends on who we're against.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/07/mourinho--feeling-strong.html

I really hope that Fabregas does play CM because when playing further forward he can't make use of one of his best qualities, long-range passing.

Exactly, a big hint he will play in CM not AMC.

I don't know about you guys, but I think Fabregas is much better then Mata.

Fabregas is everything Mata never was for Mourinho. The flexibility he offers to play in different roles and his vision of passing is sublime.

Mourinho is really a genius for getting rid of Mata at such a high price and get someone better for lesser price.

There is a reason why Fabregas is always ahead of Mata in national team and Barcelona went for him instead of Mata while they were at Valencia and Arsenal respectively. Also Fabregas was considered to be the best CM in the league during a couple of seasons, Mata while great were only considered one of the best, often behind David Silva.

I don't know about you guys, but I think Fabregas is much better then Mata.

Fabregas is everything Mata never was for Mourinho. The flexibility he offers to play in different roles and his vision of passing is sublime.

Not sure if there's any need to bring the Mata comparison again when the discussion has already died down.

Both Fabregas and Mata were brought up in different ways and to play in different roles and not sure why you're making it sound as if it was Mata's fault that he couldn't survive under Mourinho. It just so happens that he was looking for players in different positions that will make his system perfect as opposed to one where it's already stocked.

Mourinho is really a genius for getting rid of Mata at such a high price and get someone better for lesser price.

TBH, it's just silly when people start to call Mourinho or even the board a genius for selling a player at such a high price. Yes, they play a part in getting that amount but on the other hand, it also comes down to the dumbness or desperation of the other club to pay such amount. Hypothetically, we could have put a 40m price tag on Mata then and United (or anyone else) aren't interested to buy him because he's too pricey. Then what? Is Mourinho and the board silly to put a huge price tag on a player that wasn't first choice and because of that we can't sell him?

We all know that Mata has his flaws and there's no question about that but it's quite laughable how some have gone from worshipping and praising him during to his time here to downplaying his qualities and contribution to the club at every given opportunity.

It seems to me that ever since Cesc's move to Barcelona the hype about him has lowered. He's an absolute beast player and I believe that quite a big portion of the football world will be surprised at just how good Cesc is. I'm under the impression he has been forgotten and that Jose will milk out the best out of him.

Can't wait to see him back in EPL!

Barcelona killed him. Chelsea will revive him.

Jose speaking highly of Cesc in his interview yesterday. Wants him to dictate and really rotate that ball this season.

Cannot wait to see Cesc in action in the PL now.

do you think the full interview will hit the internet?