Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

The worst thing is, if he does go Arsenal.. They will actually have a squad worth challenging for the PL. Fiberglass behind Ozil behind a striker is something that could beat most teams.

Anyway, I think he'd be a great acquisition for us. Using some of that David Luiz money too.. They used to want Romeu? Lets offer him back for a cut-price deal :Goober:

Doubt it, not if they continue to play the same way all the time using the same mentality. Arsenal had RVP, Nasri, Fab, Song...etc all at their best a few years ago and lost to Birmingham in the final+facing same old problems in title race.

I do, when i know there arent many options and Cesc is a WC midfielder, and the type of midfielder we need.

what makes you think he wouldnt want to go here because he wouldnt want this position? thats a bizarre assessment.

Let me guess, you want Pogba in Chelsea right? you know he never really played in a double pivot? in Juve he plays in a 3-5-2 with Pirlo and Vidal, and in France he plays in a 4-3-3 with Cabaye and Matuidi. He played in the pivot maybe 2-3 times in France, but they changed it.

No what's bizarre is you think a player like Cesc, who you think is a WC midfielder is going to come to Chelsea and play defensive midfielder for us because we have a need there. On top of that he's gonna abandon the hatred he has for Jose and the style of play and just miraculously change his entire footballing style in the prime of his career to play under Jose's boring style... LOL You guys need to have a couple cups of coffee and wake up. If Cesc comes here its to play as our 10 and it means someone is on the outs, Oscar.

Pogba is a box to box midfielder capable of playing in an advanced role as well as a holding role. Anyone with half a footballing brain can see that he is this type of player.

Doubt it, not if they continue to play the same way all the time using the same mentality. Arsenal had RVP, Nasri, Fab, Song...etc all at their best a few years ago and lost to Birmingham in the final+facing same old problems in title race.

Yeah true, but at the same time they're also showing intent on spending on their own as opposed to balancing the books with constant sales. That's why RVP & Nasri walked, even Song to an extent.

No what's bizarre is you think a player like Cesc, who you think is a WC midfielder is going to come to Chelsea and play defensive midfielder for us because we have a need there.

I completely disagree with this... In a pivot you don't necessarily have two pure DMs i.e. two pure number 6s... You can easily have a number 8 in there like Fabregas. Dortmund do it with Gundogan. Real do it with Modric. Both are known for their strong counter attacking styles.

Even at Barcelona when he does play in midfield he doesn't always play as the most forward CM in that 4-3-3, that's usually Iniesta when Andres does play through the middle.

Nadav makes a very valid point regarding Pogba - Pogba always plays in a three man midfield, doesn't mean he can't play in a 2 man midfield. Same can be said about Cesc who used to play in a 2 man midfield extensively at Arsenal.

Also in terms of any bad blood between Fabregas and Chelsea.. Well if Lampard is leaving then it really does open to door to Cesc, it's evident those two don't like each other from previous dealings.

I completely disagree with this... In a pivot you don't necessarily have two pure DMs i.e. two pure number 6s... You can easily have a number 8 in there like Fabregas. Dortmund do it with Gundogan. Real do it with Modric. Both are known for their strong counter attacking styles.

Even at Barcelona when he does play in midfield he doesn't always play as the most forward CM in that 4-3-3, that's usually Iniesta when Andres does play through the middle.

Nadav makes a very valid point regarding Pogba - Pogba always plays in a three man midfield, doesn't mean he can't play in a 2 man midfield. Same can be said about Cesc who used to play in a 2 man midfield extensively at Arsenal.

But under Jose you do need someone who can at least hold his own defending and to be honest with you, Skipper, Cesc ain't the one. Nor do I think he will accept playing in a deeper role just so he can play for Chelsea... You guys are dreaming man, he's in the prime of his career, why would he come here and accept playing a new role when he can play his desired role elsewhere???!

You really think Jose is going to change his philosophy at this stage in his career and play someone who can't defend in one of two defensive midfield roles?

What you need to understand is 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 have entirely different roles for the midfielders, its not as simple as saying "well in 4-3-3 he wasn't the most forward so he can play 4-2-3-1 for Chelsea" every formation has its own set of rules and under Jose's those rules are VERY strict, some would say restrictive!

Pogba is a Jose type player, a guy that can seamlessly play in a variety of roles, that's why he's so valuable.

Not sure why anyone wants him here? It makes no sense at all selling players like Mata and KdB because they dont suit our counter attacking style and sign Fabregas who has no pace! Matic can do what Fabregas can do plus defend! we need a dynamic box to box midfielder next to Matic not someone like Fabregas! if we were to sign him with the intention of playing him as a number 10 that would make a bit more sense, but still wouldn't be a necessary signing.

He might not have pace, but he's certainly got a great ability to dribble and I'm sure his stamina is up there too.. This goal highlights exactly what's he capable of (1:24);

Not sure why anyone wants him here? It makes no sense at all selling players like Mata and KdB because they dont suit our counter attacking style and sign Fabregas who has no pace! Matic can do what Fabregas can do plus defend! we need a dynamic box to box midfielder next to Matic not someone like Fabregas! if we were to sign him with the intention of playing him as a number 10 that would make a bit more sense, but still wouldn't be a necessary signing.

Someone understands football here.

Someone understands football here.

because we need a holding midfielder who can create chances and dictate the pace of the game! He can play next to matic mata and de bruyne couldn't! IMO he would fit us perfectly for the pace we have hazard schurrle salah willian.. That's why I would also sign lavezzi for a decent price around 20m

because we need a holding midfielder who can create chances and dictate the pace of the game! He can play next to matic mata and de bruyne couldn't! IMO he would fit us perfectly for the pace we have hazard schurrle salah willian.. That's why I would also sign lavezzi for a decent price around 20m

Cesc is a holding midfielder?

Where's your evidence?

Listen I know what you guys wanna see from Chelsea next year I just don't believe what you guys envision and what Jose envisions is quite the same! He played David Luiz in the pivot next to Matic last year, had he really wanted to play a more forward thinking player in that role why didn't he play Oscar there?

This is what I think you guys want

1007756_Chelsea.jpg

but I personally think Jose wants this,

1007761_Chelsea.jpg

you have a Opinion about or you only want to trol around...

Lol no i'm serious, we should get him. We can offer him a starting spot, CL football, and competitive wages. How much defense would he actually have to put in with The Beast Matic next to him? He could play in a deeper role, and has before. Not just that, he's versatile so if anyone got injured he could easily play on the wings or as a #10.