Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

According to El Mundo Deportivo, Joan Ferrando (Cesc Fabregas’ personal trainer and fellow Catalan) has told Fabregas that if he comes to Barcelona, his injury problems would stop.

I hope his injury problems do not comeback now that he has left Barcelona.

^ From the same blog cap linked above, Fabregas' quotes (in 2011, mind) about playing at CM :

Cause for concern?

Not exactly. If it was that big of an issue, don't think Mourinho would have went out to get him. He clearly sees that he can fix and improve Fabregas on this to mould him into a player that Mourinho wants.

http://www.fifa.com/world-match-centre/nationalleagues/nationalleague=spain-liga-2000000037/news/newsid/237/445/6/index.html

Cesc Fabregas has denied he was forced out of Barcelona, revealing he made the decision to leave the Catalan club himself.

The Spain international signed for Chelsea after former club Arsenal decided against re-signing him, but the midfielder insisted he is excited about joining Jose Mourinho's side, and admitted he was keen to leave Barça after three seasons.

"There was a certain point when I took the decision and spoke to Zubi (Andoni Zubizarreta, director of football) and the president (Josep Maria Bartomeu) and asked them to help me make the best decision," Fabregas told Spanish radio station Cope.

The midfielder scored 42 goals and provided 45 assists in three seasons with Barcelona, but failed to convince the Nou Camp faithful, and often found himself on the receiving end of fierce criticism from fans.

He admitted: "There were many, many factors. My numbers weren't bad, but it's true that in big games I didn't manage to find those goals or assists.

"But I leave satisfied. I have played with my friends and experienced incredible moments in the Nou Camp and outside. For me it was a great period. But it's over and I wanted to find something new. I left, I asked to leave."

Fabregas is also looking forward to returning to London, where he spent eight years as an Arsenal player. "I know I'm going to be happy," continued the playmaker.

"It's important that everything goes well on the pitch but I lived in London for eight years, I have a house there and my friends. It's only an hour-and-a-half from Barcelona, but I'm going to a new club and I'm sure it's going to go well."

^ From the same blog cap linked above, Fabregas' quotes (in 2011, mind) about playing at CM :

Cause for concern?

If anything, the experience of being shoved around in different positions at Barcelona would have improved his tactical acumen tenfold.

Him coming back to the PL in a familiar environment whilst playing in his natural position with that added tactical acumen/experience could actually be a very good thing for us.

Who do you think drops out of the lineup???

I think Oscar going to play on the wings next season in 4-3-3 and have ramires-cesc as the cm combo.

So then we have Schurrle, Willian, Salah and perhaps Moses fighting for one position? Doubt it.

So then we have Schurrle, Willian, Salah and perhaps Moses fighting for one position? Doubt it.

Salah might get loaned out next season and Moses might get sold.

Willian, schurrle, oscar and hazard for the wing positions.

MVG, Cesc, matic, ramires and oscar/willian. Also, with all the recent reports, it seem Jose is still looking for another cm

Salah might get loaned out next season and Moses might get sold.

Willian, schurrle, oscar and hazard for the wing positions.

MVG, Cesc, matic, ramires and oscar/willian. Also, with all the recent reports, it seem Jose is still looking for another cm

If and when that happens you may have something but until then... Doubt it.

In theory he should play better for us as we are more direct, and that's where his strength is. As someone else said I hope Barcelona hasn't brain washed him to play short all the time. Fuck tiki taka

His pass accuracy really improved at Barcelona, but IMO, his passes became less risky and creative, adapting to Barcelona's possession style. That being said, he still created a lot of chances for the team last season, second only to Messi.
I think he can easily switch back to the way he played in the PL. From what I have seen of him, he never looked comfortable playing Barcelona's tiki taka anyway.
He might be three years older now than he was when he played in the PL, but creative midfielders that don't rely on pace are the least affected by their age. And hell, he just turned 27. He's still young. I don't expect Cesc to have problems adjusting to the PL, unless Jose tries to turn him into something he isn't.