Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Our squad has improved seasons by seasons. With addition of Costa, Cesc and Luis, i fail to see a definite better XI in the world. What else Mourinho needs to play proactive and stop with the underdog mentality?

Proactive was a word Mou used to describe how he wants to play at Chelsea, instead of playing reactive.

Big Sam is thinking the same thing, but he is the manager of West Ham. It is perfectly fine for them to play like that, with their resource, squad, and stature.

I like how Arsenal are always brought as an argument against attacking football and playing youths..filled with fallacies. There is attacking football and Arsenal, who i can't remember the last time they actually had a natural holding midfielder. Our attacking players are far better defensively then theirs.

I am hardly against being pragmatic and conservative, there is a situation for everything.

Still for me Mourinho is conservative in big matches.

That won't change, he will not turn into a Bielsa, Pep or Wenger and go all crazy attack.

Still for me Mourinho is conservative in big matches.

That won't change, he will not turn into a Bielsa, Pep or Wenger and go all crazy attack.

You could always go support those teams. It seems very important to you.

“When I decided that my time at Barcelona had ended, I looked for the best option for me,” Fàbregas explained. “Arsenal was the first option, for contractual reasons. There was a clause that gave them the right to decide. We spoke to Wenger and he said that the space was very well filled by Mesut Özil and it was hard to find a place for both of us in the team.”

Fàbregas continued: “I wanted to go back to the Premier League and I had to think about what my options were then. I had many very goodoffers, the logical options. I spoke to José Mourinho and he told me that he wanted me there. He convinced me very, very quickly. He told me what I wanted to hear; he won me over and convinced me. It was very quick. I am very happy, very satisfied and I think it will all go phenomenally well.”

A pretty good article on what Cesc brings to Chelsea: http://www.statsbomb.com/2014/06/what-cesc-brings-to-chelsea/

Coming from an Arsenal fan, no less.

Damn, if Fabregas can play even 70% as well for us as he did for Arsenal back then, I'll be happy. He was really incredible when he played in the Premier League. Hope Barcelona's tiki-taka didn't completely mess him up.

His style of play obviously changed in Barcelona's system, but some of his stats are still as good:

Fabregas_2014vs_2010_Overlay.png

No player wants to be booed by 85,000 home fans, sure there are other factors at play but that's got to weigh on a players mind. I felt the same way about it when some of the idiots at the bridge booed Sturridge, I knew it would come back to haunt us...

^ From the same blog cap linked above, Fabregas' quotes (in 2011, mind) about playing at CM :

Playing as an interior means you have to be disciplined, to keep your position, and sometimes I lack the patience of [sergio] Busquets and Xavi [Hernandez]. It is not easy. It’s completely different. Everyone has their own place and it’s important you stick to your position

Cause for concern?

^ From the same blog cap linked above, Fabregas' quotes (in 2011, mind) about playing at CM :

Cause for concern?

IMO, Fabregas has never been known for his patience. He's very attack-minded. Even when he played a CM at Arsenal, he played with the aim towards goal rather than endless patient short-passing Xavi does. He definitely can--and did play--a CM, but he's a different type of a CM. He's right that he lacks patience to be the type of a CM Barcelona wanted (Xavi 2.0).