Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

It might fire up the 'rivalry' between Mou and Arsene even longer.

Ozil had his best seasons under Mou, with Arsene he's a ghost of himself.

Then Arsene lets go of Cesc because he doesn't believe he can play both him and Ozil. Then Mourinho moves Cesc to a position that has nothing to do with #10 - where Ozil plays - and he has a hell of season, Arsene will look even more the clown than he is.

I can't wait.

Now that we have José back I literally can't wait to play Arsenal. It's like teasing your little brother. You make them think that they stand a chance leading up to the match and then blow them off the pitch when the time comes.

Can't wait for the annual Arsenal injury crisis as well as the annual Wenger Out! twitter campaign. Then let's see if he "didn't need" Cesc.

I believe he chose to join Chelsea mainly because of United's failure to achieve CL football. Yes Jose must have played a big part in getting him here but then again not much convincing was really needed as we were the best remaining option.

Anyways both parties have benefitted from this deal. Chelsea needed a player of his calibre and Fabregas wanted a top premier league club where he'd get to play more often.

So +1 Moyes!

Good stuff, that means he was bought for a cm role and not to replace Oscar.

However I still don't see Oscar and fabregas at the same time when playing big teams. Ramires will have to be in there for a 3 man midfielder.

Against West ham and those lots, go all out attack!

When did we adapted to this small team mentality?

It might fire up the 'rivalry' between Mou and Arsene even longer.

Ozil had his best seasons under Mou, with Arsene he's a ghost of himself.

Then Arsene lets go of Cesc because he doesn't believe he can play both him and Ozil. Then Mourinho moves Cesc to a position that has nothing to do with #10 - where Ozil plays - and he has a hell of season, Arsene will look even more the clown than he is.

I can't wait.

I bet the mere fact that Fabregas will play for Chelsea is painful for Arsene. Yes, ultimately, he made the right choice -- Fabregas would have been a luxury signing for them, considering the fact that they have more important positions to fill--but this is Cesc, his golden boy. Arsene was/is very attached to Cesc.
I almost feel sorry for him.

It's not small team mentality, it's being smart.

And what made get the double over against ManC and Pool and not lose to ManU, Arsenal and Tottenham - if you can consider any of those big teams in the first place (based in their seasons or in Arsenal case, in general, lol).

We were smart and I don't a give f! about people (not Joker10 in specific at all) saying we were parking the bus, playing 10 men behind the ball, it got us the results.

A lot is made of football related feuds, some people actually realise that they are in a result based profession and sometimes thing's happen. Big Sam and Jose probably laughed at there little digs at each other over a bottle of wine after soccer aid.

Cesc and Jose were on separate sides of 2 major rivals twice before, if there wasn't a little bit of tension between them then one of them aren't doing their job properly.

Like with Jose and Eto'o, now both are batting for the same side, expect any past tensions to be forgotten pretty quickly.

That's how we played the last few seasons and more then likely Mourinho will be conservative in the big matches.

Our squad has improved seasons by seasons. With addition of Costa, Cesc and Luis, i fail to see a definite better XI in the world. What else Mourinho needs to play proactive and stop with the underdog mentality?

Proactive was a word Mou used to describe how he wants to play at Chelsea, instead of playing reactive.

It's not small team mentality, it's being smart.

Big Sam is thinking the same thing, but he is the manager of West Ham. It is perfectly fine for them to play like that, with their resource, squad, and stature.

All about being streetwise and adapting to the circumstances...unless that is you want to be like Wenger and just play all the attacking players and get thrashed..

I like how Arsenal are always brought as an argument against attacking football and playing youths..filled with fallacies. There is attacking football and Arsenal, who i can't remember the last time they actually had a natural holding midfielder. Our attacking players are far better defensively then theirs.

I am hardly against being pragmatic and conservative, there is a situation for everything.