Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Ha, I remember when we were linked to signing Fabregas and some rival fans and even certain journalists from factions within the football media were perplexed as to why we were interested as he wasn't a "Mourinho-type player". Probably one of the most silly, overused and pointless phrases in current football vernacular.

It was always a criticism I had of him to be honest, typical Arsenal player, wanted to do the job going forward but nothing else, if its any manager its Jose that can shape a player to be better than before who ALREADY has attacking abilities and things need refining.

I can't wait for the Spurs game, got my ticket, scarf at the ready.

Ha, I remember when we were linked to signing Fabregas and some rival fans and even certain journalists from factions within the football media were perplexed as to why we were interested as he wasn't a "Mourinho-type player". Probably one of the most silly, overused and pointless phrases in current football vernacular.

To be honest I wasn't sure what Mourinho planned with Fabregas. I thought that Fabregas would need to adapt and wouldn't find "his game" and so on. I think that I, like a lot of people, couldn't foresee what Mourinho planned for Chelsea, given the way sort of had to play during the previous season - lightning fast counter-attacks and hoping that our front man would get a toe in or that Hazard finishes off the move. Obviously Mou tweaked his system, because now he can - and we can see now how much sense the Fabregas signing actually makes.

To be honest I wasn't sure what Mourinho planned with Fabregas. I thought that Fabregas would need to adapt and wouldn't find "his game" and so on. I think that I, like a lot of people, couldn't foresee what Mourinho planned for Chelsea, given the way sort of had to play during the previous season - lightning fast counter-attacks and hoping that our front man would get a toe in or that Hazard finishes off the move. Obviously Mou tweaked his system, because now he can - and we can see now how much sense the Fabregas signing actually makes.

It really wasn't that difficult to see for me. We've been screaming for a player like Cesc in the pivot for years.

This guy is absolute class personified. The vision of this dude is so unreal it surprises me every game I watch. Tonight Schalke didn't stand a chance with those pin-point passes/crosses all throughout the game. I am so damn chuffed he's here. What a bloody signing.

Keep it up Fabrepass!! :D :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

Fabrepass was absolutely on fire today. He had such a big smile on his face throughout the whole match. I really believe him when he says he's been having the most fun he ever had in football. The way this team has been mouth watering the last couple of matches. We're fluid, dangerous, deadly, involving, unstoppable and most of that goes through his feet.

He had a couple of through balls today that were absolutely stunning and his corners are so good that even the opponents feel tempted to score from them.

I don't remember a signing as good as this one in terms of fitting a team such as he had. Hazard, Costa and others are definitely amazing signings, but Cesc just fits so perfectly, it's so bloody perfect!

90% Passes Completed
3 Chances Created
2 Assists
7 Ball Recoveries
2 Take-Ons
2 Tackles
1 Clearance
:chai:

I'm not sure the OG counts as an assist :P (though I suppose someone else came up with the stats?)

But in all seriousness, what hasn't he done today? That's why I voted for him as MOTM

I'm not sure the OG counts as an assist :P (though I suppose someone else came up with the stats?)

But in all seriousness, what hasn't he done today? That's why I voted for him as MOTM

The definitions for assists are so vague and change from one competition/person/site to another. But yeah, I got the stats from someone who got them from statszone, I think.