Premier League thread

Jase

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Season review:

Success - 10/10

Won the league. Not much else to say.

Performance - 5/10

While there were some amazing matches. Swansea 4-2, and Everton 3-6 most of the matches this season were dire to watch. Aside from moments of brilliance there really isn' t much to remember at the end of the day. Found myself very bored during a lot of match days, especially during the second half of the season. But saying that Mourinho did what had to be done and the team is champions for the result of it. In the future exciting games coupled with the same success would be ideal but at the moment it seems to be one or the other and success is ultimately more important right now. The results were nearly always perfect but I will refuse to say that I enjoy watching every Chelsea match. Win the team kick up a gear as seen in the second half against Leceister, they are a joy to watch but that isn't seen in every match.

It was kind of ambivalent, I always knew the team was going to win so there was no relief nor excitement when the team did actually come through with a victory and the league title. It is hard to get excited for something that has been apparent for several months. I was probably more excited during December and November than the day Chelsea actually won. Mainly because that is around the time that it became very apparent that Chelsea were not budging from the number one position.

In EPL can a team refuse performing guard of honour? Or it's mandatory and every team has to perform it for the champion?

Teams do not have to it. The guard of honour is an entirely voluntary tradition, albeit one which stretches back many years. (I have read opinions claiming that it is a relatively new thing but that's not so. I remember them from when I was a boy and that was a very long time ago. :()

after the 2015/2016 Premier League season, barclays will no longer Sponsor The Premier League.

also after the 2015/2016 The League Cup will no longer be Sponsored by Capital One.

Barclays Will Not Renew Premier League Sponsorship After 2015-16

March 31, 2015 | 4:30pm

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2015/03/barclays-will-not-renew-premier-league-sponsorship.html

For those who refer to England’s top tier as “the “Barclays Premier League, your days are numbered.

According to the Daily Mail, the banking giant will not renew their sponsorship with the Premier League when the current deal expires after the 2015-16 season.

Barclays has sponsored the Premier League since 2001 and global expansion of the league — into 650 million homes and 175 countries — has brought a great deal of exposure to the bank.

Rising costs are viewed as a key factor in the decision. The bank agree a three-year, $128.8 million deal in 2012 — a near 50 percent increase over their previous $88 million deal. And with the massive increase of the Premier League’s new TV deal, the price tag to renew the sponsorship would go up dramatically.

The league now has a sponsorship void to fill come 2016. Capital One’s sponsorship of the League Cup also expires after 2015-16, while the FA Cup is currently without a sponsor after Budweiser decided not to renew last season.

The popularity of the league will almost certainly attract another sponsor, but they’ll have to bring a lot of zeroes with them.

There’s still an outside chance that we’ll be watching the “Paste Soccer Premier League” in 2016.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/11661627/When-are-the-Premier-League-fixtures-out.html

The 2015/16 Premier League season fixtures will be out on June 17 at 9am BST.

Hoping we start with a home game.

Normally we should as we started last season at Burnley. The last game should be an away game then

Normally we should as we started last season at Burnley. The last game should be an away game then

Last season's fixtures will not have any effect on whether we start with a home or away game.

Expecting the usual bollocks of a newly promoted team on the first weekend, probably Norwich. (Or villa or Southampton for a bit of excitement)

Last season's fixtures will not have any effect on whether we start with a home or away game.

Expecting the usual bollocks of a newly promoted team on the first weekend, probably Norwich. (Or villa or Southampton for a bit of excitement)

Isn't it also on the first day of the season? Or shouldn't it at least be the standard. Because last season, opening weekend away, 2013 home, 2012 and 2011 but 2010 and 2009 home

Would at least make sense to me