Sounds like he's a very good businessman 

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not sure of there's a thread elsewhere or maybe a couple of disparate ones about certain members of the board/club hierarchy but I thought now would be a good time to post a thread giving them som

Guys we've done it, we've officially had the most successful transfer window not only in Chelsea's history but in the world of football. Called out for a Striker--Costa--32 mil. Called out for a CM--C

Quite seriously, do the people who hate him and are happy to see him leave know why they are happy? Just to take a step back and take an overview of his role and time at the club: When he was pro

Posted Images

1 hour ago, xPetrCechx said:

- Manager sacked
- New manager brings success
- New manager doesn't get the targets he wants
- Bad results
- New manager sacked
- Repeat

Yet you are the one who posted a long ass comment in the Conte thread slagging him off and comparing him with Avram Grant.

On 1/9/2018 at 9:41 AM, Unionjack said:

Found this an interesting read. Didn't know just where to post it but thought as it would be down to the Board/Roman to implement it ...........

The Roman Empire 2.0
Concept Football

http://plainsofalmeria.co.uk/2018/01/08/the-roman-era-2-0-concept-football/

Good read.  Made better by the fact that it encapsulates everything we've been saying for the past couple of days, not to mention the past few years.

Nice find.

• Like 1

So who is our 'Head of Recruitment'? Is it our missing Sporting Director (whom there was a report saying Roman had stepped up to do it temp) Or would it be Scott McLachlan - Head of international scouting,

13 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

So who is our 'Head of Recruitment'? Is it our missing Sporting Director (whom there was a report saying Roman had stepped up to do it temp) Or would it be Scott McLachlan - Head of international scouting,

http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/24/chelsea-appoint-temporary-replacement-michael-emenalo-7183104/

So it seems the heads of recruitment are (temporarily) Scott and Marina.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, manpe said:

http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/24/chelsea-appoint-temporary-replacement-michael-emenalo-7183104/

So it seems the heads of recruitment are (temporarily) Scott and Marina.

Emenalo was also credited with acting as peace maker between Antonio Conte and the club’s board, with the Italian clashing with the board over targets, and McLachlan will presumably need to placate Conte in much the same way.

You can only imagine just how pissed off and frustrated Conte gets. Unless f course they have given him the real reason the signings won't happen?I'm afraid I wouldn't last a minute. I will be sorry when he tells the lot of them to fuck off.

Former Barcelona coach Luis Enrique is being lined up to replace Antonio Conte as Chelseamanager in the summer, with former Blues defender Juliano Belletti as his director of football. (Star)

What the fuck has happened to Roman???

You only live once bro, whip that wallet out and start showing everyone who the daddy is again!

Barkley, Palmieri and giroud is not bad business but it does seems like we are regressing. 

Going for second tier. 

We need players like hazard and it's going to be much harder if he leave this summer. 

• Like 4

I do not see a point in trying to prove that the board is doing good business when they are signing players like Bakayoko and Danny D for 80mln. And the transfer that were done this winter would be exciting and considered good for clubs like Watford. 

I was reading comments from the first pages of this thread and the difference to now is ridiculous. I actually think the boards become victim to its own success in the past in a way, we used to go out, target players and they’d be signed within a week or two. Other clubs took notice: City, United, Arsenal, Spurs have all started doing the same and now we are going the other way in trying to spend less. Not even looking to sign players now a days unless they are generally under 23 and can grow and it it doesn’t work out can still make the club money (few exceptions recently). Think we need to go back to frying bigger fish, beating top clubs to top players in some instances, Kyle Walker and Alex Sandro would have been huge for us this summer. 

7 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I was reading comments from the first pages of this thread and the difference to now is ridiculous. I actually think the boards become victim to its own success in the past in a way, we used to go out, target players and they’d be signed within a week or two. Other clubs took notice: City, United, Arsenal, Spurs have all started doing the same and now we are going the other way in trying to spend less. Not even looking to sign players now a days unless they are generally under 23 and can grow and it it doesn’t work out can still make the club money (few exceptions recently). Think we need to go back to frying bigger fish, beating top clubs to top players in some instances, Kyle Walker and Alex Sandro would have been huge for us this summer. 

Imo it has nothing to do with becoming victim or being complacent, we are simply cannot compete with City, United and maybe Arsenal in term of transfer power plus our signing this season especially Bakayoko has been disappointing.

We cannot sign Walker and Sandro because we dont't have the money. Emerson + Zappacosta cost less than kyle walker.

I much prefer to sign a world class midfielder rather than spend it on Baka+Drinwater (I have to admit I thought Baka is going to be good for us) this season to complement Kante and keep chalobah but who should have we signed ?