Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Ezequiel Lavezzi

LondonPride1905
Followers 1

Where would he play?

Anywhere in the front line. He's played up front, left wing, right wing and behind another striker so he's quite versatile.

This guy is class. Not quite convinced if he'd be able to do the job as a lone striker where we'd most likely want him to play but if Mourinho thinks so, I would not question him. If Lukaku goes, Lavezzi wouldn't be the worst choice to get as the 2nd choice striker after someone like Costa.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way he fits is if Oscar or Willian sit on the bench

--------------Costa------------

Hazard -- Willian -- Lavezzi

I could understand it if one was going to be sold but I can't see that. I'm a big Lavezzi fan but right now there is no place for him here.

Anywhere in the front line. He's played up front, left wing, right wing and behind another striker so he's quite versatile.

This guy is class. Not quite convinced if he'd be able to do the job as a lone striker where we'd most likely want him to play but if Mourinho thinks so, I would not question him. If Lukaku goes, Lavezzi wouldn't be the worst choice to get as the 2nd choice striker after someone like Costa.

We have Willian, Oscar, Hazard, Schurrle and Salah.....I'm not doubting his quality what I am doubting is where he fits without dropping Oscar/Willian I am not including Hazard because he is a constant first choice when fit.

We have Willian, Oscar, Hazard, Schurrle and Salah.....I'm not doubting his quality what I am doubting is where he fits without dropping Oscar/Willian I am not including Hazard because he is a constant first choice when fit.

Yeah, can't see a place for him as an attacking midfielder either unless we were to drop one of our current bunch and that would make no sense even if we considered Lavezzi to be better because clearly there are more important areas to improve before splashing another +20m on an attacking midfielder. But if Jose sees him as a striker and would play him as one, there would most certainly be a place for him in the team. The fact he would also be able to play as an AM would only be a bonus then.

Chelsea are hopeful of signing Ezequiel Lavezzi from PSG.

— Chelsea Sources (@ChelseaSources)

So, 6 ams again?

2 to be sold in January?

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10855386/Chelsea-ready-to-pursue-deal-for-PSGs-Ezequiel-Lavezzi.html

If we pay 30m for this guy I am gonna be so fucking mad, he isn't even that good despite scoring 3 goals against us in the last 3 matches. Especially if Oscar or Hazard is gonna be involved somehow.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10855386/Chelsea-ready-to-pursue-deal-for-PSGs-Ezequiel-Lavezzi.html

If we pay 30m for this guy I am gonna be so fucking mad, he isn't even that good despite scoring 3 goals against us in the last 3 matches. Especially if Oscar or Hazard is gonna be involved somehow.

I'm with you here. Good player no doubt, but not at all needed.

He's nearly 30 too. Would be enormous waste of money. I'd be absolutely livid if we swapped Hazard for cash and Lavezzi or something ridiculous like that. If PSG are serious about Hazard then offer £100m or GTFO.

I'm with you here. Good player no doubt, but not at all needed.

He's nearly 30 too. Would be enormous waste of money. I'd be absolutely livid if we swapped Hazard for cash and Lavezzi or something ridiculous like that. If PSG are serious about Hazard then offer £100m or GTFO.

Agreed, for Oscar I could possibly live with but even then I would think it would have to be Lavezzi+ something like 15-20m min as we could always move Hazard/Willian to the middle. Although I still prefer us to sign someone like Reus or Gritzmann if we are gonna sell Oscar. In general it would not be a good move in anyway for us.

Can't believe the clubs still haven't finished obsessing with getting CAM every transfer window especially after selling and signing so many in the last 2 years. This money would be better used on a top class CM like Pogba or Vidal, or a backup striker to Costa like Mandzukic. Even a LB like Shaw would be better use of money than this.

also considering bringing forward plans to acquire Lazar Markovic (Evening Standard)

Whatever happened to this? I know he's at Benfica but people reported he's on loan there from us.. Which can't be true because the club would've made an announcement?

Just when you give the DM some credit for breaking the story about Luiz they go back to the roots. "The French club have signed David Luiz and are keen on taking Eden Hazard, Oscar and Petr Cech from Chelsea’s squad too." :D

I like him, no doubt, but I don't think our Attacking midfield needs any changes now.

Also, he can't play over 70 minutes in France and gets substituted almost every game. And for all I know, The Premier League is even more physically demanding.

He's 29 years old, I see no sense in buying him after all the talks of us building for the future etc. Wouldn't be much of an upgrade to any of our current players either.

PSG really seem to be very envious of us and our players. They seemingly want everyone.

Imagine if we bought Pogba. They wouldn't be able to take it. They'd be throwing insane bids at us left and right.

Daily mail reporting it as well, FFS, do we really need any more attacking midfielders/wingers? if and i say if we do actually sign him we may have praised the board far too soon... £30 million for a 29 year old? i hope it's BS.