Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Filipe Luis

Jase
Followers 1

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The British press seem to think that a medical could be completed within 48 hours and an announcement made soon, as we want him to join our Austrian training camp. That is being reported in both The Mail and The Express.

I hope we sign him because there ain't no better available left backs atm...oh and we need to bring in another Brazilian since David Luiz left... :D at almost 29 he can give us 2 good seasons and time to find a long term LB.

I think we waited for the worldcup to be over, so that it doesn't take the shine off our signings :P:

you mean so our signings don't take the shine away from the WC? :P

well the combo of Cesc, Diego and Filipe (all coming from La Liga, lol) is a great one. I still wish we signed a good striker - doesn't need to be a big name - with the same style of Eto'o or Benzema. We'll need technique and someone that can create their own chances to balance the kind of strikers we have in the squad.

The few times André played as a ST last year were far from impressive, and even if he plays like that, his high points are runs and positioning, something Costa excels at. We need a different flavor. It could be a youngster, I don't mind, as long as we have diversity depth. I hope Mourinho is thinking about the same thing. We can ship off Lukaku and Ba (as I don't see anyone in the world wanting Torres) and with their money (I don't wish to see them loaned, rather than sold) we could get a new striker.

But other than that, I think we're pretty much done. If Tiago also comes, it's a plus. I don't think we necessarily need another midfielder, but for free and with his quality and experience, I'd say, welcome mister!

I just want to know how Mou plans to use Cesc and who will be our AMs. Oscar, Willian and Schürrle won't be incorporated until much later, so I expect Cesc to maybe start there, alongside Salah and Hazard. Good thing Ramires is getting as late as the rest of the AMs, otherwise we'd have to cope with him in the RW, gosh, how I wish Mourinho could never do it again, but it's still very likely.

Remy 8m release clause or Emenike for 15m is good too for a 2nd striker. Or just recall Lukaku and let him rot on the bench(think he will be sold)

you mean so our signings don't take the shine away from the WC? :P

well the combo of Cesc, Diego and Filipe (all coming from La Liga, lol) is a great one. I still wish we signed a good striker - doesn't need to be a big name - with the same style of Eto'o or Benzema. We'll need technique and someone that can create their own chances to balance the kind of strikers we have in the squad.

The few times André played as a ST last year were far from impressive, and even if he plays like that, his high points are runs and positioning, something Costa excels at. We need a different flavor. It could be a youngster, I don't mind, as long as we have diversity depth. I hope Mourinho is thinking about the same thing. We can ship off Lukaku and Ba (as I don't see anyone in the world wanting Torres) and with their money (I don't wish to see them loaned, rather than sold) we could get a new striker.

But other than that, I think we're pretty much done. If Tiago also comes, it's a plus. I don't think we necessarily need another midfielder, but for free and with his quality and experience, I'd say, welcome mister!

I just want to know how Mou plans to use Cesc and who will be our AMs. Oscar, Willian and Schürrle won't be incorporated until much later, so I expect Cesc to maybe start there, alongside Salah and Hazard. Good thing Ramires is getting as late as the rest of the AMs, otherwise we'd have to cope with him in the RW, gosh, how I wish Mourinho could never do it again, but it's still very likely.

I was just saying that very thing in the Costa thread.

Remy 8m release clause or Emenike for 15m is good too for a 2nd striker. Or just recall Lukaku and let him rot on the bench(think he will be sold)

Emenike would be an awful signing IMO.

they say lacazette would cost £16m

Catalan newspaper Sport reports that Chelsea have agreed to meet his €25m release clause. It is a ‘done-deal’ scenario. Luis still training with Atletico, but will move to London as soon as the deal is made official.

3d83b5fe09c4fd9ea92e20a9a38c394e.png7d8bfd24d7c8528a739cf4332091d75a.png

It's a lot of money for a 28 year old... but there aren't exactly many world-class LBs plying their trade at the moment, are there?

I would have liked if we signed De Sciglio too if we could get him for cheap. Promising lad, very composed for his age. Luis could have mentored him into a true WC, and LB position wouldn't be a problem again in a few years.

It's a lot of money for a 28 year old... but there aren't exactly many world-class LBs plying their trade at the moment, are there?

Aye. I wasn't too happy when I heard were gonna replace Cole with Luis but then I reliazed that there ain't any good available left backs at the moment. If we could lower the fee a bit, it would be a good transfer.

Atletico Madrid and Chelsea have reached an agreement to transfer the rights of Filipe Luis, pending the medical with the English club. The Brazilian footballer had told our club at the end of the campaign his willingness to join the London entity.

Luis Filipe joined Atletico Madrid from Deportivo La Coruna in the summer of 2010, winning the European Super Cup against Inter Milan. During the four campaigns that our organization has played for the Brazilian left-back has played 180 matches proclaimed champion of Liga, Copa del Rey, UEFA Europa League and one European Super Cup against Chelsea.

From the club we wish him luck in his new assignment

http://www.clubatleticodemadrid.com/noticias/acuerdo-con-el-chelsea-para-el-traspaso-de-filipe-luis