Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

John Stones

Sidzeret
Followers 1

Chelsea transfer news: Everton fears grow over defender John Stones as bidding heads towards £30m mark

Everton are growing increasingly concerned that they will fail to stop John Stones joining Chelsea, despite manager Roberto Martinez’s insistence that the central defender is not for sale.

Chelsea are preparing a third bid of around £30 million for Stones, despite Martinez repeating his desire to keep the 21-year-old at Goodison Park.

While Martinez is demonstrating a brave front, Everton insiders fear that the club will ultimately be forced to let Stones move to Stamford Bridge once Chelsea go over the £30 million mark.

Everton are already closing in on one senior central defender to join the club, with Manchester United’s Jonny Evans, Celtic’s Virgil van Dijk and Swansea City’s Ashley Williams all among their targets.

It is also understood that Everton are looking at younger options, as they attempt to plan for the possibility of Stones leaving.

...the Blues have a clear career plan for the England international.

Should they succeed in their bid, then Chelsea will give Stones encouragement that he would make at least 30 appearances this season with the view to eventually succeeding captain John Terry.

Chelsea have already displayed their faith in Stones by making him their one big transfer target of the summer and believe he could be a key player for the next decade.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If 30M bid goes in I wonder who crumbles first, Everton or Stones.

I bet you Everton reject 30m. It'll cost 35m I think.

If we bid 3 times, though, and he still doesn't ask to leave or put in a transfer request then wtf...

I bet you Everton reject 30m. It'll cost 35m I think.

If we bid 3 times, though, and he still doesn't ask to leave or put in a transfer request then wtf...

I hope that both Everton and Stones have spoken, and both parties agreed that if 'That' bid comes in it's all systems go. There has to be some mutual discussions in all this between the club, player and agent as the next bid is potential make or break in all this.

I hope that both Everton and Stones have spoken, and both parties agreed that if 'That' bid comes in it's all systems go. There has to be some mutual discussions in all this between the club, player and agent as the next bid is potential make or break in all this.

You'd think so, but this whiny cunt Martinez may have taken a stand and demanded he not be sold.

I'm not sure it's a defender we need. Our attack is as stale as a hand towel in a 16 year old's bedroom.

Sorting out our fullbacks will help a lot

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-live-man-united-6202817

Roberto Martinez admits John Stones has been rattled by Chelsea’s interest in the defender.

The Premier League champions have had a couple of bids knocked back for the youngster, who broke into the England squad last season.

When asked if the speculation had affected Stones, Martinez said: “Yes, but that’s something you improve on as you get more mature.

“You suffer when you are injured and not in the team and can’t enjoy your football. He’s a young talent and doing well.”

Martinez refused to put a price tag on the centre-back, adding: “John is an Everton player and there’s nothing else to talk about.”

Now just throw in that £30m+ bid and be done with it hopefully.

If we fail to get him now he'll cost Sterling money next summer with the new TV deal kicking in and other clubs after him. It's now or never with the way our club has suddenly taken a reduced spending stance.

Now just throw in that £30m+ bid and be done with it hopefully.

If we fail to get him now he'll cost Sterling money next summer with the new TV deal kicking in and other clubs after him. It's now or never with the way our club has suddenly taken a reduced spending stance.

or maybe he will go the barkley way!!!!

or maybe next year, when we really need a WC CB, we will get a WC CB like hummels/otamendi/x/y/z instead of spending 30+mil over john stones.