Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

John Stones

Sidzeret
Followers 1

Kenwright now calling Stones the best CB in England. This might be mission impossible.

It'll probably take £35m AND a transfer request to get him. Not sure either of those will happen.

dont think so. its normal, that the president goes out and talks his player up to get the best possible transfer sum. we'll get Stones, if we really want him. quite sure about that

still dont get, what we are doing in the summmer. no offensive signings in sight. wont retain the title nor do anything in the CL if we dont bolster up our squad. we looked shocking for the most part of the 2nd half of the season

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The amounts who the press are talking are delirious. I agree with his signing, but 45M or even more, for a 21 years old player who still has a lot to prove???. It's a very big risk. I don't know guys but I would prefer invest this money on Otamendi who is more experienced and has proved his level making amazing performances against teams like Madrid or Barca.
I don't know, i'm so confused..... I only hope that the decision who finally takes Mou and the board, be the best for the team.

The only reason we are in for a cb this season is because we need one for the future. We already have 2 experienced defenders in our squad and it doesn't make any sense going after a player like Otamendi who is neither young and neither would he bolster the squad much.

dont think so. its normal, that the president goes out and talks his player up to get the best possible transfer sum. we'll get Stones, if we really want him. quite sure about that

still dont get, what we are doing in the summmer. no offensive signings in sight. wont retain the title nor do anything in the CL if we dont bolster up our squad. we looked shocking for the most part of the 2nd half of the season

That's probably the 100th time i have read the same comment about not getting new signings..... at least keep some faith in Mourinho, he will do the right thing.

come to think of it, if Stones is our premier signing, then we have effectively not improved our squad AT ALL going into next season.

is it an unspoken rule among EPL teams that if you win the league do nothing in the next transfer window?

Best CB in England? He can't even get a game for England at CB what a fucking idiot Kenwright is and what idiots we are trying to buy someone who can't even get in ahead of Jagielka, Phil Jones and Chris Smalling for 34 fucking million. Sure he has potential but so did Jones and Smalling... not liking the sound of this British record bid for a defender... I thought 20M was too much, but I'd be happy if we got him for that now because if we agree a fee... its going to be ridiculous.

Because Roy Hodgson is a idiot.

come to think of it, if Stones is our premier signing, then we have effectively not improved our squad AT ALL going into next season.

is it an unspoken rule among EPL teams that if you win the league do nothing in the next transfer window?

We need Stones because Terry is old he will probably play 1-2 years so we really need Stones.

We need Stones because Terry is old he will probably play 1-2 years so we really need Stones.

I want him too. But he isn't going to make us better this year. especially if Cahill is first choice

i say 50mil at the least. :lol:

That's exactly what every deluded Everton fan is saying. One dope on TalkSport radio just a few minutes ago said he'd demand £50m + Remy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's exactly what every deluded Everton fan is saying. One dope on TalkSport radio just a few minutes ago said he'd demand £50m + Remy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

just hope the everton board is thinking like their fans and hopefully (by god's grace) we somehow get back to our senses in time. :lol: :lol: :lol:

just hope the everton board is thinking like their fans and hopefully (by god's grace) we somehow get back to our senses in time. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I honestly don't care what we pay now. I just fucking want him. Within reason, obviously.

With Sterling going for £49m and Shaw going for £30m, getting Stones for a fee somewhere in the 30's is just the going rate. Just get it done.

I honestly don't care what we pay now. I just fucking want him. Within reason, obviously.

With Sterling going for £49m and Shaw going for £30m, getting Stones for a fee somewhere in the 30's is just the going rate. Just get it done.

2 wrongs dont make a right.

shaw had a poor last season. sterling will have the pressure of being the 7th biggest transfer in the history of football on him throughout his career.

buy stones for 30mil (would not pay a dime over 20mil) is crazy. buying him for something over 30mil, is well... honestly, i dont care actually if we pay 50mil+remy for stone or 35mil. those 2 things simply mean that we have lost our minds.

Anybody think he displaces Ivanovic for a few games? I know that's not his preferred position, but if Cahil/JT are in the form of their lives at somepoint in the season...we could play him there for a few games if JM ever ends his love-fest for Ivan.

Again, i'm not suggesting we splash 30M for Stones to soley play him out of position, but it definately is an option for JM.

2 wrongs dont make a right.

shaw had a poor last season. sterling will have the pressure of being the 7th biggest transfer in the history of football on him throughout his career.

buy stones for 30mil (would not pay a dime over 20mil) is crazy. buying him for something over 30mil, is well... honestly, i dont care actually if we pay 50mil+remy for stone or 35mil. those 2 things simply mean that we have lost our minds.

If we do anything close to 50m might as well say fuck it and do 130m on Pogba and Grizemann right now since we don't care about sense anymore and FFP is useless anyway.

Anybody think he displaces Ivanovic for a few games? I know that's not his preferred position, but if Cahil/JT are in the form of their lives at somepoint in the season...we could play him there for a few games if JM ever ends his love-fest for Ivan.

Again, i'm not suggesting we splash 30M for Stones to soley play him out of position, but it definately is an option for JM.

It needs more than stones to displace Ivan, he is a warrior :Goober: