Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

John Stones

Sidzeret
Followers 1

Does not surprise me if true. The club must have got some encouragement from Stones' people before bidding. All Everton have to do, like Mourinho said, is come out and say "he is not for sale at any price." by sticking a statement on club website. They haven't

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, you are prepared to watch Cesc and Matic run into the ground, again?

Why do you have such a small minded approach to things? If we buy Stones that doesn't mean we're done buying.

Why do you have such a small minded approach to things? If we buy Stones that doesn't mean we're done buying.

because the manager is making it clear that he's only buying one more player, a CB. any other purchase will be if a player leaves. Ramires and Mikel are going nowhere.

I'm ready to question him. I think his days of being special are behind him.

For 34 million we can buy Baba Rahman and Rudiger, while saving 4m. lol. What a joke English youth players are.

Couple things you need to learn about the press, often the prices quoted there grossly inflated so instead of throwing your toys off the streetcar perhaps take a step back and calm down.

I would doubt very highly you even knew who Baba Rahman was before we were linked to him. I would bet good money that you knew who John Stones was though.

I'm ready to question him. I think his days of being special are behind him.

For 34 million we can buy Baba Rahman and Rudiger, while saving 4m. lol. What a joke English youth players are.

We just won the league & his days of being special are behind him?! :lol::lol:

because the manager is making it clear that he's only buying one more player, a CB. any other purchase will be if a player leaves. Ramires and Mikel are going nowhere.

You have no way of knowing that and beyond that when was the last time what Jose said in the press was 100% accurate? Perhaps he's saying he's comfortable with the squad to bring down the price of his targets... You have no way of knowing what his true intentions are, your job is to wait till the window is shut and allow the people who run this club to make the decisions on what is needed and what isn't. Jose has won everything that can be won at the club level and is coming off a double winning season where he crushed the competition, I would say he's earned the right to sign whoever he wants and keep whoever he likes.

Mikel and Ramires are perfectly fine rotation members. Besides, RLC will get some time as well. People complain all the time about youngsters not getting a chance, yet when it looks like one finally might, they completely dismiss him

Mikel and Ramires are perfectly fine rotation members. Besides, RLC will get some time as well. People complain all the time about youngsters not getting a chance, yet when it looks like one finally might, they completely dismiss him

Yet again we will realise that they aren't and are extremely limited players.

NO, they are not. The reason Matic and Cesc were worked into the ground is Mikel and Ramires are not good enough. We desperately need a quality backup for our midfield.

Chelsea stayed clear of Shaw and Sterling due to the price. Why is this any different?

They stayed clear of them because they were greedy , the only reason they left their club was to earn to more. On the other hand , Stones is ambitious and is not just coming to the club for money, he has a willingness to play football and Mourinho appreciates that in a player

NO, they are not. The reason Matic and Cesc were worked into the ground is Mikel and Ramires are not good enough. We desperately need a quality backup for our midfield.

Of course they are good enough! Matic and Cesc played a lot because Jose wanted to play them a lot. Ramires was injured for most of last season but everytime he cam back Jose said " the best thing about today's victory is I have my Ramires back" Now is he just missing something?

Mikel as a squad player is fine, when Matic was suspended he stepped and did a decent job. He's nowhere near as effect as Matic but definitely a serviceable squad player.

I hear the word potential thrown around too much nowadays that's it's lost its true meaning. Every U23 player that isn't already playing at a world class level ala messi,CR7,Ronaldo lima were at that age are seen as potential by some which is ridiculous and then you also get those that only use it to strengthen their agenda which is why stones is seen as "potential" and Sterling isn't for example, rather the later is a "good enough and ready to start/contribute right away pro" and the former is just a glorified Christensen.

Where does one draw the line between a potential talent and a very good proven young professional player with scope to develop even further. To me potential is what you use to describe the likes of RLC, Musonda, Patrick Roberts of this world. Once you are playing regularly at the pro level and have proven yourself at the topflight (which stones already has) you are no longer a "potential".

And why is Stones not good enough right now to be a starter for us and we have to wait 2 years for him. He's not some youth football level player ffs, he's a premier league player and one of the very best in his age group and position in europe and it's not like his main competition (cahill) is a world beater either. The stones that i saw last season is definitely superior to cahill.

Honestly people are underrating Stones too much on here. His performance level in the EPL and in europe proves he's very capable for the job indeed and if he wasn't Jose and the board wouldn't be willing to spend so much money on him.

I hear the word potential thrown around too much nowadays that's it's lost its true meaning. Every U23 player that isn't already playing at a world class level ala messi,CR7,Ronaldo lima were at that age are seen as potential by some which is ridiculous and then you also get those that only use it to strengthen their agenda which is why stones is seen as "potential" and Sterling isn't for example, rather the later is a "good enough and ready to start/contribute right away pro" and the former is just a glorified Christensen.

Where does one draw the line between a potential talent and a very good proven young professional player with scope to develop even further. To me potential is what you use to describe the likes of RLC, Musonda, Patrick Roberts of this world. Once you are playing regularly at the pro level and have proven yourself at the topflight (which stones already has) you are no longer a "potential".

And why is Stones not good enough right now to be a starter for us and we have to wait 2 years for him. He's not some youth football level player ffs, he's a premier league player and one of the very best in his age group and position in europe and it's not like his main competition (cahill) is a world beater either. The stones that i saw last season is definitely superior to cahill.

Honestly people are underrating Stones too much on here. His performance level in the EPL and in europe proves he's very capable for the job indeed and if he wasn't Jose and the board wouldn't be willing to spend so much money on him.

you had it right up until the bolded section. Its one thing to make a go of it for a season or two in the top flight, for Stones to reach his potential he needs his career to kick on even further. John has the potential to be much better than just a regular performer in the Prem, he can be great thats what he needs to do to fulfill his true potential.

He is good enough to start for us right now its just a matter of how much pressure you want to put on his shoulders at the age of 21. This isn't Everton, when he makes mistakes there its not vilified in every newspaper on seen all over the world by millions. To excel at the level Chelsea are now at you need to slow the maturation and build the players confidence. Zouma is a perfect example of how a young CB should be groomed, Stones is further ahead in his development so I expect him to play more than Zouma did for us... Perhaps spelling Brana at RB as well.

34million. why not? infact lets set the transfer record with a 50mil bid.

whats worse is that its not even needed. we have glaring deficiencies in the CM department and the goal scoring department but apparently we want to buy a 20mil (max) worth defender as the answer to the defence which conceded the least goals.

whats even worse is that GC will still get the nod ahead of stones.

hahahahahaha worst post on talk chelsea hahahahaha omg what a shit post

Really? That is all you have to say? Into the trash goes your opinion. Come back with something interesting next time.

You didnt even watch Darmian you should first watch football and then say somethink.