Horse Racing

cosmicway

3 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

haha You have to admit tho its very strange to have a rhythmless black person no matter their age or sex.

His whole family (massive clan from the Yaad) are tone deaf but his wifes family - French are great. Made beautiful babies that I'm Godfather to 2 of them. So its Godfather Uj Mrs!! lol

LOL at Godfather UJ

hope no horseheads inbound

Henderson: Might Bite back in business and should be feared in Gold Cup

Something's changed and he's working to a much higher level. We are getting somewhere near the old Might Bite and all we want is some decent ground

https://www.racingpost.com/news/cheltenham-countdown/henderson-might-bite-back-in-business-and-should-be-feared-in-gold-cup/368200

Heres what tom said Mar 3 2019 7:07 PM racing post q+a=

Tom Segal
Hi Adrian
Might Bite has so much talent that I could never rule him out and I'm expecting him to put up a bold show next week. He won't beat Clan Des Obeaux though. 
Mar 3 2019 7:07 PM

On 13/02/2019 at 11:26 AM, mccg said:

Free to run in uk from today tf, most horses have done their prep races already(stat from last year 22/26 of the winners at Cheltenham had won 6 weeks before Chelt!) don't think many of the big guns in the gold cup have missed there shots. Lord Windermere 2014 20/1 last outsider i remember,

these will be shorter price come the day 4sure!

Clan Des Obeaux 10/1

Kemboy 10/1 
Might Bite 16/1 (if trainer gets it back to form and better ground would be a stonking bet!)

The biggest tipster in the uk echo's my thoughts , tho 2bh i did mention it 3 weeks ago , also tom is resound for his handicap tips .. mmm hope he hasn't put the scud on my 3!

Tom Segal

Tom, what’s your best bet of the meeting and do you think Bristol de Mai is the forgotten horse in the gold cup

Hi JF

I like City Island in the Ballymore and Band Of Outlaws in the juvenile handicap.

Going now officially soft for festival as the forecast rain arrives

https://www.racingpost.com/news/cheltenham-festival/soft-ground-expected-for-cheltenham-festival-with-rainy-morning-forecasted/370428

154977_waypoints.svg?1552391979

Would'nt b suprised to see some heavy into the description if it keeps raining! Dry tomorrow with wind 

• 10 months later...

Anyone got any interest in horse racing with the jump season back in full flow and the Cheltenham festival just a few weeks away?

One of the very few positives of living in my neck of the woods is Cheltenham Racecourse. I will be going at least one of the days and I went to the trials meeting last weekend which I thought was a pretty poor standard compared to the previous year (I also won £1,700 off £25 worth of bets last year which probably made it seem better too!) and didn't manage to answer many questions in preparation of the festival.

8 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Anyone got any interest in horse racing with the jump season back in full flow and the Cheltenham festival just a few weeks away?

One of the very few positives of living in my neck of the woods is Cheltenham Racecourse. I will be going at least one of the days and I went to the trials meeting last weekend which I thought was a pretty poor standard compared to the previous year (I also won £1,700 off £25 worth of bets last year which probably made it seem better too!) and didn't manage to answer many questions in preparation of the festival.

Me and my mates when possible used to arrange to have leave during Cheltenham during the 80's and early 90's. Where I'm from in NW London there was a massive Irish community (we've all got Irish parents) and Cheltenham always falls on Paddy's day so there used to be monumental piss ups.

The Paddy's love Cheltenham as I'm sure you know my old ganger when he lived in Ireland got the boat but had to turn back at Holyhead because he lost all his money playing three card brag ! Think it was the last time I took annual annual leave for Cheltenham was 1995 and on the Wednesday we beat Bruges in the cup winners cup and we won a nice few quid great day and night :cig:

1 hour ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Me and my mates when possible used to arrange to have leave during Cheltenham during the 80's and early 90's. Where I'm from in NW London there was a massive Irish community (we've all got Irish parents) and Cheltenham always falls on Paddy's day so there used to be monumental piss ups.

The Paddy's love Cheltenham as I'm sure you know my old ganger when he lived in Ireland got the boat but had to turn back at Holyhead because he lost all his money playing three card brag ! Think it was the last time I took annual annual leave for Cheltenham was 1995 and on the Wednesday we beat Bruges in the cup winners cup and we won a nice few quid great day and night :cig:

That's awesome! I have tickets this year for the Thursday which although it doesn't fall on St Patrick's Day is 'Paddy's Day' for the purposes of the Festival. Me and 3 mates go at least one day every year. My mate has a betting account in his name that we use as a group account. All put just a tenner in a month, each of us take turns betting each week with it. A few decent wins each year and it buys our tickets and some spare to whack some accumulators on with! We've even upgraded in the last couple of years and pay extra for the Guinness Stand which is nowhere near as busy for the bar and a guaranteed seat in the stand...win win!

The Irish are mad for it though. I've met so many of them who save up all year as festival week is there holiday and some are on their way home by the end of Tuesday's races because they've staked and lost the lot.

They can make the betting so bloody hard at times though because they really back their own horses and at times you never know just how good a horse is and if it's the real deal or not because the Irish will often back it in regardless. The Irish Gold Cup is this weekend at Leopardstown so will start seeing some horses getting seriously backed for Cheltenham I feel on the back of that meet as there are some potentially strong match ups.

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...