Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Raphael Varane

Sidzeret
Followers 2

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did he do at the end? Simeone was absolutely furious with him and was ready to knock him out!

Nothing, he passed the ball to him and I think Diego thought he was mocking him. Basically it is a case of Simeone being a dick.

Was never any chance they were selling him anyways. Not needed here either. Only reason we were linked is because of our manager.

I think Mourinho and Varane had a good relationship, and this is why Mourinho has maybe even called Varane to propose something to him, such as an automatic first team spot.

But the only real doubt he has with Madrid i think, is the fact that he needs to know that he will start. He was injured in the beginning of 13/14 and when he came back the defense was set, so ideally 14/15 will be a fresh start for him, i'm pretty sure he understands this. He will probably talk with Ancelotti after the world cup.

Option 1

- Madrid gives him reasonable monetary improvement with new contract and talks with Carlo to ensure a good progression for his career alongside his CL winning team mates.

Option 2

- He says feck it and joins Chelsea.

It might not be and at the same time might be as simple as that.

Also, if Pogba joins, Benzema stays, and Zidane can't find club, even more reason to stay for him. Although Zidane will probably leave for a french club, and Benz might renew actually.

If zidane leaves Madrid, that helps our hopes of keeping Eden. Here

I think he might leave now to get experience as a manager in a minor team, but he will come back to coach RM for sure at some point.

Good young player.

If we wanted to improve over what we have immediately though, then I'd rather go for Diego Godin... Along with Ramos, best defenders in champions IMO.

Mourinho is also making room for a possible bid for Varane or Mangala by allowing Tomas Kalas to join Cologne on loan. (Independent) #CFC

Varane has confirmed Chelsea’s interest but will not discuss his future further until after the World Cup (Independent) #CFC #RMCF

• 4 weeks later...

Two years ago he was a lot better than Pepe and Ramos, maybe the best in the world with19 or 20 years old.

I don't know how he is right now, he almost didn't play in Madrid so I think it's hard to say if he recovered totally

He was amazing, by far the best young CB I've ever seen.