Kurt Zouma

Mufassir08

I do not want that Zouma leave us to be on loan in another team next season. No way...

But if he and Jose talk and they decide that a loan is the best option for Kurt, I think Valencia is the best team for Zouma. Valencia will sell Otamendi this summer and they play Champions League and are one of the most important teams in Spain. I think there is no better option for Kurt than Valencia.

Even Nathan Ake could fit into a loan in Valencia. Although it seems that his future is in a loan to Premier League. But Valencia has Gaya and they would not ask for the loan of Aké to put him as left-back, a position where he can be on our starting eleven.

But I think Zouma should stay with us. Although he can not stand on the bench with 20 years.

Zouma and Stones must be important for us from the beginning of the season and so we could build a good pair of centre-backs for the next decade.

Another option is to play with Stones as right-back, and with Zouma and John Terry (c) as centre backs.

In fact, I would bet by placing a Defense with Azpilicueta - Stones - Zouma - Filipe ....

Regards.

People who want Zouma out on loan are probably crazy or drunk.

Imagine yourself as Kurt Happy Zouma. You've just played your first season in 'the most competitive league in the world', and had absolute world class performances against the likes of Sergio Aguero, Marouane Fellaini, Raheem Sterling and pretty much been magnificent against the top teams.

For me personally, if I got loaned out to a team like Palace after a season like that, I would lose motivation. I think Zouma knows he proved he is better than Cahill in the games he got last season. For him to go from a team where he will learn from the best, John Terry, and a team where he will probably be competing with John Stones (someone like him) for a starting place in the team, most likely get games in the champions league against very good sides to a side where he doesn't belong and are competing for a top 10 finish only, he would be very very sad. I'm sorry but even Valencia doesn't cut it for me.

One could easily argue Zouma is ahead of Stones in his career progression. I don't think Stones put stand-out performances like Zouma did against City or Liverpool. Of course I'm not disrespecting Stones by any means as we all know he is a very good player, but I just think loaning out Zouma would be a ridiculous idea.

If anything, Zouma should have benched Cahill last season. I don't see any area of the defending game where Cahill was superior to Zouma or a particular period of the season when he was too good to drop.

Why not keep JT in the starting XI, demote Cahill to 4th centre-back and let Stones and Zouma fight for the starting place? We could use some rotation between the two as well, something Jose has unfortunately never really been fond of in terms of his back four.

Zouma on loan? Interesting & wrong.

Having Zouma and Stones battle it out to be the third choice CB would be great, they truly could bring out the best in each other. The point to this though, is Mourinho going to give these guys enough playing time to even make that battle viable? It baffles me a lot that Cahill somehow won his place back from Zouma, but I think that was more for Kurt's development than Cahill proving he deserves to be there.

Whichever way we look at it, Cahill (29) and Terry (34) are on their last legs. It means they're both going to be need to replaced soon, which also means Stones & Zouma have to continue developing to be ready. The best solution would be to buy Stones and loan him back to Everton for the season while allowing Zouma to get more playing time off Cahill (or even Terry?)

But if both come then one must go on loan.

Having Zouma and Stones battle it out to be the third choice CB would be great, they truly could bring out the best in each other. The point to this though, is Mourinho going to give these guys enough playing time to even make that battle viable? It baffles me a lot that Cahill somehow won his place back from Zouma, but I think that was more for Kurt's development than Cahill proving he deserves to be there.

Whichever way we look at it, Cahill (29) and Terry (34) are on their last legs. It means they're both going to be need to replaced soon, which also means Stones & Zouma have to continue developing to be ready. The best solution would be to buy Stones and loan him back to Everton for the season while allowing Zouma to get more playing time off Cahill (or even Terry?)

Terry is not on his last legs.

There was not one time last season where terry looked weak - even on NYD agsinst Spurs he was the best player on the pitch, and I would lay money on him having at least 2 more seasons as first choice.

Terry is not on his last legs.

There was not one time last season where terry looked weak - even on NYD agsinst Spurs he was the best player on the pitch, and I would lay money on him having at least 2 more seasons as first choice.

Okay last legs was taken a bit literal.

I mean we won't have him long-term. He may be great this season, but the point is it's not long before Terry & Cahill are done.

How can a 29 year old CB be on his last legs? Also Terry will keep probably playing for at least another 2-3 seasons I think as well, replacing him is going to be like our own little Paul Scholes conundrum that Sir Alex had at United when he retired.

Cahill will probably be able to play on here every week at such a level until hes 32 or 33 at least as well before a noticeable decline in performances. We don't necessarily need Stones as of yet or even next season unless Terry declines so badly its unimaginable and even then I don't see why we would sign him when we have Zouma who is younger and better and only arrived at the start of last season (despite signing in January) and Ivanovic who will probably move into that position if it ever gets that bad.

Stones seems to me like the least thing we could do with right now, not to mention the fact we still look a different team without one of either Matic or Fabregas. We need to find a solution to that problem more than anything.

How can a 29 year old CB be on his last legs? Also Terry will keep probably playing for at least another 2-3 seasons I think as well, replacing him is going to be like our own little Paul Scholes conundrum that Sir Alex had at United when he retired.

Cahill will probably be able to play on here every week at such a level until hes 32 or 33 at least as well before a noticeable decline in performances. We don't necessarily need Stones as of yet or even next season unless Terry declines so badly its unimaginable and even then I don't see why we would sign him when we have Zouma who is younger and better and only arrived at the start of last season (despite signing in January) and Ivanovic who will probably move into that position if it ever gets that bad.

Stones seems to me like the least thing we could do with right now, not to mention the fact we still look a different team without one of either Matic or Fabregas. We need to find a solution to that problem more than anything.

Title winning teams already have replacements before it's too late. We don't want to wait for 2-3 seasons when Terry and Cahill actually do show signs of decline and then we have to spend massive amounts on talent that may not be as good. Stones at 21 and Zouma at 19 represent 10 years+ of quality defence. Stones and Zouma already show signs they can be ready for the top roles and they should be mentored sooner than later.

Title winning teams already have replacements before it's too late. We don't want to wait for 2-3 seasons when Terry and Cahill actually do show signs of decline and then we have to spend massive amounts on talent that may not be as good. Stones at 21 and Zouma at 19 represent 10 years+ of quality defence. Stones and Zouma already show signs they can be ready for the top roles and they should be mentored sooner than later.

Yes I know teams normally look to replace certain players before they get rid of them similarly like when Ramires was bought to (or so I thought) replace an aging and declining Michael Essien. I felt that Zouma was bought to be Terry's long term replacement in all honestly but even then if hes not then I don't think Stones is the right guy or going to ever be nearly good enough to replace Terry.

If we are going to sign a central defender for 34 million, surely it has to be Raphael Varane... only guy worth buying for that money at that age... definitely going to be world class. Its pretty much guaranteed he will be a top notch player. He'd be the ideal replacement for Terry. Or even buying Sergio Ramos from Real Madrid. Older obviously but still a world class player.

I mean the last time somebody English was linked here, named to be somebodies long term replacement for vast sums of money, 1) we didn't get them and then 2) they really struggled at the club they went to. I just don't think John Stones or thought at the time Luke Shaw is/was good enough to be John Terry and Ashley Coles long term replacements. Especially for the stupid fees attached to them.

Zouma should be the indisputable no 1 next to Terry next season. The fans love him, he's only getting better, and he's quickly becoming the best young CB behind Varane in Europe.

No he should not. He should have to work for his place. Cahill was very strong towards the end of the season. Cahill and Terry is our best CB pairing. Yeah, he can make mistakes but the way people dismiss him as some below-average defender is ridiculous. There is a reason he got in to the team of the year and Terry praises him so highly.

No he should not. He should have to work for his place. Cahill was very strong towards the end of the season. Cahill and Terry is our best CB pairing. Yeah, he can make mistakes but the way people dismiss him as some below-average defender is ridiculous. There is a reason he got in to the team of the year and Terry praises him so highly.

I rate Cahill. I just think that ATM, Zouma deserves his place (I could have worded my coment better, actually)

But Zouma improves our defence because of his physical qualities, that's not Cahill's fault at all but the point still stands. Personally both would look much better if Ivanovic decided to be an RB instead of a CF.

Cahill was good towards the end of the season because we played a conservative style of Football, where Cahill was protected by many midfield players. For that style of Football, Cahill is indeed a great defender. But I don't think anyone here wants to continue that approach to our games.

If we are going to actually be useful with our attacking options(Oscar, Willian), we must press high up the pitch and that leaves space between the midfielders and defenders. This is why we are in desperate need of a proactive defender. Zouma is that defender, and certainly miles ahead of Cahill in terms of pro-activeness.

It's a crime how Cahill is still in the starting XI ahead of Zouma. How many more top class performances is it gonna take?

Cahill was good towards the end of the season because we played a conservative style of Football, where Cahill was protected by many midfield players. For that style of Football, Cahill is indeed a great defender. But I don't think anyone here wants to continue that approach to our games.

If we are going to actually be useful with our attacking options(Oscar, Willian), we must press high up the pitch and that leaves space between the midfielders and defenders. This is why we are in desperate need of a proactive defender. Zouma is that defender, and certainly miles ahead of Cahill in terms of pro-activeness.

It's a crime how Cahill is still in the starting XI ahead of Zouma. How many more top class performances is it gonna take?

No way. Zouma is not pro-active at all. That is his limitations. He is not a technical defender. Cahill is a pro-active defender. Maybe not the best, but certainly better with the ball than Zouma. You must be getting Zouma confused with Ake because as promising as Zouma is his ball qualities are not as good as Terry and Cahill.

We need to build this beast up and give him more game time this season. He has the raw potential to be a great CB..

Jose is probably the best coach to build up a young defender to be a great..