Kurt Zouma

Mufassir08

Obviously Zouma needed time to adapt but the point was, would he have gotten so many minutes had Cahill not actually been dropped OR if we hadn't lost that game 5-3?

Yeah but its irrelevant Jason the fact is that he got the mins and he has proved to be competent at this early age which is great for us.

Yeah but its irrelevant Jason the fact is that he got the mins and he has proved to be competent at this early age which is great for us.

Obviously but is it wrong to even feel a little bit curious on the subject?

Obviously Zouma needed time to adapt but the point was, would he have gotten so many minutes had Cahill not actually been dropped OR if we hadn't lost that game 5-3?

That looks like a circular argument to me. Would Cahill have been dropped if Jose didn't feel he had a viable alternative in Kurt Zouma?

France has replaced Spain,germany and belgium's status respectively as the country with the biggest talent pool in europe/world. It should be illegal the wealth talents/top class players at the french NT's disposal.

I'd still say Spain has the best youth players.

Oliver Torres, Koke, Carvajal, de Gea, Munian, Inigo Martinez, Isco, Morata, Bellerin, Jese of Real Madrid, Denis Suarez, Asensio, Munir, Delofeu, Bartra, Bernat, Juanmi, Moreno, Thiago Alcantara, Alcacer.

And those are only the ones I know about, I can get more if you'd like

Oliver Torres, Koke, Carvajal, de Gea, Munian, Inigo Martinez, Isco, Morata, Bellerin, Jese of Real Madrid, Denis Suarez, Asensio, Munir, Delofeu, Bartra, Bernat, Juanmi, Moreno, Thiago Alcantara, Alcacer.

France U23 :

Pogba, Varane, Laporte, Zouma, Umtiti, Kurzawa, Digne, Imbula, Kongdobia, Morgan Sanson, Lacazette, Fekir, Coman, Griezmann, Rabiot, Martial, Thauvin, our own Jeremie Boga, and there're probably lots of St Ettiene and Montpellier kids I'm forgetting right now.

If any, I would call it EVEN.

France has replaced Spain,germany and belgium's status respectively as the country with the biggest talent pool in europe/world. It should be illegal the wealth talents/top class players at the french NT's disposal.

Really Belgium?

Brazil: Neymar, Oscar, Coutinho, Danilo, marquinhos, raphael, firmio, bernard, fernando, Thiago Alcantara, Rafifnha, talisca, Lucas Silva, Alex sandro, Juan, Lucas Moura, etc.

Really Belgium?

Brazil: Neymar, Oscar, Coutinho, Danilo, marquinhos, raphael, firmio, bernard, fernando, Thiago Alcantara, Rafifnha, talisca, Lucas Silva, Alex sandro, Juan, Lucas Moura, etc.

France U23 :

Pogba, Varane, Laporte, Zouma, Umtiti, Kurzawa, Digne, Imbula, Kongdobia, Morgan Sanson, Lacazette, Fekir, Coman, Griezmann, Rabiot, Martial, Thauvin, our own Jeremie Boga, and there're probably lots of St Ettiene and Montpellier kids I'm forgetting right now.

If any, I would call it EVEN.

Having the best young players means very little. Its all about how they fit together and who is coaching them.

For example, spain golden era was more of exception than a rule. It was period when spain had quality everywhere, but also style and right tactics (thanks to barca success at same time). Now, spain can have all the talent in world (from isco, koke etc) but I highly doubt they will be as successful. Talents dont make teams world champions. Much more is needed. Spain had amazing generation back then with Raul, Morientes, Hierro, etc...but they never achieved any proper success. England had amazing generation in lamps, gerrard, terry, scholes etc but also managed to not win anything.

Imo Germany is right now a module that will rule for few more years, but they will lose it slowly, no matter the talent they have. You cant predict a golden generation, it happens when these players become champions, not just talents.

Another generation that is slowly but steadily underachieving is Belgium IMO thanks to their coach. However, Fellaini, Witsel, Mertens, Vermaelen I thought will become much better players, while Kompany is slowly decreasing, and their attackers in benteke, lukaku, origi, batsuayi have all several flaws to this date.

IMO international football is kinda regressing atm, with germany behind poland, spain behind slovakia, netherlands who were always superb in qualifications, now third, plus realy underachieving serbian team with all their talent they have, should do much better.

Why all of sudden he never starts a game anymore?

Mourinho plays things as conservative as possible now. He wants to be in his comfort zone. I already posted that in Mourinho thread. In his thinking, Cahill is "safer" option than Zouma, that means Kurt's season is over.

(until Chelsea win the title)

Mourinho plays things as conservative as possible now. He wants to be in his comfort zone. I already posted that in Mourinho thread. In his thinking, Cahill is "safer" option than Zouma, that means Kurt's season is over.

(until Chelsea win the title)

Cahill is a hornets nest waiting to happen. But he is an honest english lad who tries his best. I feel safer with zouma any day, and the whole team will look sharper too.

Cahill has been playing well lately.

Not as well as zouma was. And our defence was disgusting recently, not against stoke but before. And Cahill played over zouma in those games, I don't think it's a coincidence

Not as well as zouma was. And our defence was disgusting recently, not against stoke but before. And Cahill played over zouma in those games, I don't think it's a coincidence

It's all Ivanovic's fault. I believe he is the reason GC had such a poor run of form. He has to defend the entire left side.