Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

15. Kurt Zouma


Jase
 Share
Followers 3

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eh? He was fucking class. Two mistakes from a 20 year old in a semi-final; one of which he rectifies and the other his centre-half partner resolves. People must prefer Cahill backing off to Zouma's ag

Trained with the team today.

Posted Images

To give Zouma credit, he has done well in the last 2 games but pardon me for maybe being cynical, but teams like Watford and Palace suit his game style. I don't trust him at all against the more tricky, pacey kind of attackers.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Jason said:

To give Zouma credit, he has done well in the last 2 games but pardon me for maybe being cynical, but teams like Watford and Palace suit his game style. I don't trust him at all against the more tricky, pacey kind of attackers.

Yeah, this is the problem. He looks great here but once you put him in against a City or any team that presses well he falls apart. He is kind of like the opposite of AC, where AC is a wimp, he is strong, where he cannot read the game, AC can etc, etc.

Last night I actually gave him MotM in the poll as I love nothing more than the type of tackle he put in on Benteke, however when watching the highlights, the only reason he had to do that was because of his positioning which allowed Benteke in. Further, for the first goal he really needs to be stepping out and closing Zaha down as he has Dave and AC in position either side of him. Kepa and James where obviously more at fault for that goal but Zouma did have some blame as he did look to go then for some reason decided not too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
To give Zouma credit, he has done well in the last 2 games but pardon me for maybe being cynical, but teams like Watford and Palace suit his game style. I don't trust him at all against the more tricky, pacey kind of attackers.
He's always shit vs united as is christensen.

If we were just going on individual strengths I would play rudiger and tomori against united in the cup to cope with their speed.

Of course that's in the abstract. Given tomori's lack of game time he shouldn't be an option for that game.

So I'd go with zouma and rudiger for the cup final.

May as well play then together from here on out to continue to build understanding.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites

He was not even at fault for the goals. First goal was because Mount could not clear the ball, second goal was Willian RJ and AC doing nothing and third goal was Rüdiger and Jorgi masterclass.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

With Thiago next to him and reliable GK, I can imagine Zouma become our most improved player next season.

Cant wait.

I like the optimism but I just don't see it.  Playing next to Silva will help him a lot but a lot of what holds Zouma back is technique and it won't matter who's next to him for that.  Honestly I think Silva will help out AC and Rudiger more in that he will help with their bigger issues of staying focused and organized.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kc_blue said:

I like the optimism but I just don't see it.  Playing next to Silva will help him a lot but a lot of what holds Zouma back is technique and it won't matter who's next to him for that.  Honestly I think Silva will help out AC and Rudiger more in that he will help with their bigger issues of staying focused and organized.

Agree. For me, it is AC that benefits the most as his biggest problems are mental and physical (need to get him some of the Bayern serum.) Those problems however, are more fixable than not being able to handle possession under a high press and reading of the game. AC is totally in last chance saloon but with his current rep, losing him next season instead of this is going to have no minimal financial difference. If Zouma has another season like last he will be worth half the price. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kc_blue said:

I like the optimism but I just don't see it.  Playing next to Silva will help him a lot but a lot of what holds Zouma back is technique and it won't matter who's next to him for that.  Honestly I think Silva will help out AC and Rudiger more in that he will help with their bigger issues of staying focused and organized.

AC is mistake prone + not great defender and Rudi is just a nervous mess too often (at his age not fixable). Zouma is not great on the ball, but fantastic defender who just needs someone who can organise the backline. Plus he is the only one good in the air. We will need that in set pieces/corners because with Ziyech, we might finaly be dangerous again. Rudiger cant jump and AC is weak.

Gomes isnt outstanding CB either, but benefits from playing next to Van Dijk. 

Zouma likely wont be world class (althrough he is actualy very good no nonsense defender), but he will be good enough and thats what we need.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Agree. For me, it is AC that benefits the most as his biggest problems are mental and physical (need to get him some of the Bayern serum.) Those problems however, are more fixable than not being able to handle possession under a high press and reading of the game. AC is totally in last chance saloon but with his current rep, losing him next season instead of this is going to have no minimal financial difference. If Zouma has another season like last he will be worth half the price. 

Is CB primary role there to pass the ball or defend?

Zouma is our best defender by mile, but sure lets have Pep type CBs who crap their pants everytime it matters.

One thing is if CB can defend AND has great technique. The other is if he has the later but cant defend. AC is more composed on the ball, but he clearly isnt dominant enough. Also been too many times where he just lost it and gave away possesion, something that was supposed to be his strong point.

So if I have to choose, Id choose the one who can defend first. And thats Zouma. He held his own very well vs Bayern where others played bad. And that wasnt the first time.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...