Kurt Zouma

Mufassir08

When you look at our defensive setup we need him. I dont know if anyone has realised and dont know if Conte did it on purpose but look.

Alonso                               Moses

Cahill    Luiz   Azpi

This is our back 3/5

Now from left to right=== Height Decreases           Speed Increases

The game against Spurs, both goals were conceded due to height issues(but not the only factor). If Zouma were playing were Azpi played we might no have conceded the second goal.

Secondly, if Azpi were playing where Moses was we might not have conceded the first goal because as a natural defender he would have been well positioned and  D.Alli would have been ruled offside.

Alonso                                          Azpi   

Cahill     Luiz     Zouma

Antonio Conte reveals Chelsea's January transfer plans: I have some ideas

ANTONIO CONTE has some ideas of players he wants to bring to Stamford Bridge this month.

Conte also admitted that Kurt Zouma's recovery means he doesn't see an urgent need to sign another centre-back this month.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/575981/Antonio-Conte-Chelsea-January-transfer-plans-gossip-rumours-Costa-Premier-League-news

9 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Good to hear he'll be making his first start since returning from injury.

5 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Incredible to think that the injury happened 1 year ago.

Yes the lads got his weaknesses as do all the lads but I loved the lad pre injury and had big hopes for him in our future.

I hope he takes Cahills spot eventually and he plays well with Luiz.

But I still see Conte buying a as good a CB as he can find.

Yes the lads got his weaknesses as do all the lads but I loved the lad pre injury and had big hopes for him in our future.
I hope he takes Cahills spot eventually and he plays well with Luiz.
But I still see Conte buying a as good a CB as he can find.

He said he ain't buying one during this window. Hope WB's are on his agenda.

Just now, LAM09 said:

Yep. We really don't need another CB, if all works out with the players currently on our books.

hmmm Not sure about that one mate.

With us going to Europe hopefully I THINK I'd like a more experienced more agressive CB back therre.

I know Anderas has had alot of European experience these last couple of seasons but I'm still not 100% sure.

Not that I wouldnt dislike seeing one of them back with us. But they both said they want to be starters and thats a toughie.

hmmm Not sure about that one mate.
With us going to Europe hopefully I THINK I'd like a more experienced more agressive CB back therre.
I know Anderas has had alot of European experience these last couple of seasons but I'm still not 100% sure.
Not that I wouldnt dislike seeing one of them back with us. But they both said they want to be starters and thats a toughie.

Cahill, Zouma, Ake, Luiz, Azpi & Christensen vying for three positions. Need to offload two at least to make buying an experienced CB at a good price reasonable.

I personally hope Cahill is displaced at some point, as he HQ quota is the reason he's still an integral part IMO.

8 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Cahill, Zouma, Ake, Luiz, Azpi & Christensen vying for three positions. Need to offload two at least to make buying an experienced CB at a good price reasonable.

I personally hope Cahill is displaced at some point, as he HQ quota is the reason he's still an integral part IMO.

I'd personally like to see Dave tried as a LWB. He ticks all the right boxes. We are weak oin the left side with Eden/Alonso/Cahill so Dave would be great.

If anything Id also like to see Andreas-Luiz-Happy and see how that went.

I do think its a shame Andeas isnt a couple inchs taller amd 10lb more muscle but if anyone will get the best out of him its Conte.

We sont have time to fuck about testing combinations copme the summer if he decides we do need to bring onew in from outside. Its something that should really be worked on now so thats my worry

20 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I'd personally like to see Dave tried as a LWB. He ticks all the right boxes. We are weak oin the left side with Eden/Alonso/Cahill so Dave would be great.

If anything Id also like to see Andreas-Luiz-Happy and see how that went.

I do think its a shame Andeas isnt a couple inchs taller amd 10lb more muscle but if anyone will get the best out of him its Conte.

We sont have time to fuck about testing combinations copme the summer if he decides we do need to bring onew in from outside. Its something that should really be worked on now so thats my worry

I like that backline too and I also like the idea of Dave as a wing back. He is an excellent crosser, rapid and would completely shut out any danger once it passes the halfway line. 

But Andreas is 6'2" and still growing. In England that is kinda tall. 10 lbs more muscle however and he would still be a skinny bastard :D, so that picture made me chuckle a bit. H

Great to hear that we will have Kurt in contes plans. Really missed him. 

4 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I like that backline too and I also like the idea of Dave as a wing back. He is an excellent crosser, rapid and would completely shut out any danger once it passes the halfway line. 

But Andreas is 6'2" and still growing. In England that is kinda tall. 10 lbs more muscle however and he would still be a skinny bastard :D, so that picture made me chuckle a bit. H

Great to hear that we will have Kurt in contes plans. Really missed him. 

Always thoughy he was 5'10" for some reason. But still think some bulk would come in handyy. Hes been good over there but he wasn't on top form with us pre season. And like the weight room has helped Eden out some it might help Andreas.

But we will see what the Don makes of it all.

Might do all of our heads in.

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

Always thoughy he was 5'10" for some reason. But still think some bulk would come in handyy. Hes been good over there but he wasn't on top form with us pre season. And like the weight room has helped Eden out some it might help Andreas.

But we will see what the Don makes of it all.

Might do all of our heads in.

I think you are confusing him with Ake who is indeed just 5'11 which will probably mean that we won't become a CB here. 

I guess Andreas is already lifting. He looks exactly like I did with like 18 or 19 years. Overtrained and undernourished. At that age, with that amount of physical activity and body type you might need 6000+ clean calories per day to even get near a surplus which is required to build muscle. Sticking to such a diet plan requires extreme discipline and stomach volume most people that age still do not have which is the major reason most natural young lifters fail. 

4 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

At that age, with that amount of physical activity and body type you might need 6000+ clean calories per day to even get near a surplus which is required to build muscle.

Or he could play in one of the Southern European countries for a year to take some ped.

Lets be honest in the long term his not good enough for us, he has limited passing isn't comfortable on the ball and has poor positioning. Some of the things can be improved but at the end of the day there are better options than him out there even in our academy like Christensen 

It was his first game, but realy he has a long long way to go. 

He was quite slow, bad reactions and poor ball control. 

I also miss his agresivness he had back then, but I guess mentaly its very hard after year long injury.