Kurt Zouma

Mufassir08

In the eleven matches we have left to finish the season Zouma has to be be in our starting eleven in these eleven matches.

We have a small margin of error on our rating in Premier League and now is the time to bet on the future and Zouma is our future.

Zouma has to be indisputable from now.

Looks like Jose might be thinking of turning him into a midfielder.

----Zouma

Matic----Cesc

It could work,although Zouma has to pass the ball faster,but apart from that Zouma and Matic will win almost every aerial duel and would bring a physicality in our game that would even supass Makelele and Essien.

I still prefer RLC as a midfielder because he can actually do more with the ball.

----Zouma

Matic----Cesc

It could work,although Zouma has to pass the ball faster,but apart from that Zouma and Matic will win almost every aerial duel and would bring a physicality in our game that would even supass Makelele and Essien.

I still prefer RLC as a midfielder because he can actually do more with the ball.

Will be interesting to see how this develops for sure.

Kurt has not lost his place. He is still recovering from knocks sustained in the West Ham game. Jose said they were quite bad and he would need to be managed carefully in the immediate future.

Perhaps so but if that was really the case, then he would have played Zouma much earlier already and I don't mean just in the League Cup and/or Champions League matches. Cahill's mistakes already happened long before that game at White Hart Lane and if I remember correctly, Zouma only played the second half against Spurs at the Bridge because Cahill picked up a knock to his head in the first period.

He is very young man, he probably needed a little time to adapt. Also, he is not a world class player nor a big money buy, there was no reason to make him a starter immediately. This is a process. Zouma is becoming stronger and better, hopefully he'll be a regular in a year or two.

He is very young man, he probably needed a little time to adapt. Also, he is not a world class player nor a big money buy, there was no reason to make him a starter immediately. This is a process. Zouma is becoming stronger and better, hopefully he'll be a regular in a year or two.

Obviously Zouma needed time to adapt but the point was, would he have gotten so many minutes had Cahill not actually been dropped OR if we hadn't lost that game 5-3?

Obviously Zouma needed time to adapt but the point was, would he have gotten so many minutes had Cahill not actually been dropped OR if we hadn't lost that game 5-3?

To answer: no. But he got some minutes in which he showed his worth. I do expect him to be a coming man. [emoji7]

I think it was going to happen even if we didn't lose against Spurs. Cahill and Terry played crazy amount of matches in December, they obviously got tired. Zouma played five full games in January: three alongside JT and two with Cahill. I think it was because those two needed an easy January, not because we had one bad game against Spurs.