Kurt Zouma

Mufassir08

do we actually need varane. zouma has looked every bit a future world class player. varane on the other hand has looked lost with RM's midfield being poor defensively against any half decent team.

the problem is if we indeed buy varane, zouma will be the one sitting out. JT is still showing that he has not missed a step.

zouma's performances deserve him a starting role next season.

do we actually need varane. zouma has looked every bit a future world class player. varane on the other hand has looked lost with RM's midfield being poor defensively against any half decent team.

the problem is if we indeed buy varane, zouma will be the one sitting out. JT is still showing that he has not missed a step.

Agree, I think we don't need Varane, because we already have Zouma. Don't get me wrong that Varane is bad or something, but Zouma could have a future in here. Also I couldn't see Terry and Cahill, yes Cahill, will be released / sold anytime soon. They're English. So that already 3 for 2 position, with Ivan, Ake, Christensen as backup. I don't see the need of Varane at the moment.

Yes we need Varane.

I like Kurt but Rapha's on diffrent level talent-wise. He's got absolutely everything to be on par with Baresi and Beckenbauer in the future but he must change environment. Let's not forget how good he was under Jose. But somehow his talent stalled when Jose left. Varane is probably my favorite non-Chelsea player and even for his own sake, not even Chelsea sake, it would be the best advise to reunite with Mou. Jose alone said like one year ago that Varane is 1 of 3 best young players in the world. Jose and Rapha's, that's perfect match.

Zouma did okay yesterday but he should not play in the midfield again unless we are out of options. It wouldn't have been a good performance if it was a regular midfielder who played yesterday but Zouma helped the team and I can't blame him when he is playing out of position so all in all an okay performance.

Cahill was pretty good but he has too many average performances and because of that Zouma should play with Terry some more in the future.

I wont cry myself to sleep if we sell Cahill this summer and buy a new CB. Terry, Zouma and a new class CB should be enough for next season imo.

Regarding Kurt, I feel he's still quite a way to be fully polished. He relies on pace more than anything. Positionally he's still not on Chelsea level but gladly he's freak athlete. Dunno how long he will be on that learning curve but only this season he got his first real knowledge on that.

As to his performance yesterday it was dependable but nothing more. He's got to exclude Erikssen from this game and he's done that but so often he wass off the pace and didn't exactly know who to press. He's still kid positionally-wise. I don't fancy him playing that again on Wednesday, still think that either Luis or Azpi are the best because they're so good at "intelligent" pressing.

Loved Jose's praise

"New Marcel Desailly" - the man himself even said he has the potential.

I think bringing Kalas back next season if we sell Cahill (though I like the guy, I think we'll keep him, but English "talent" is pricey and if Mangala can fetch £32m then so can he) wouldn't be a bad shout. Tbh, even if we did buy Varane, I doubt he'd be happy about spending another year on the bench behind JT...

Happy for the guy and most of all glad that Mourinho is giving a younger player a chance.

While he is technically is not a youth from the academy he is still a young prospect. Very raw talent that you have to handle with care.

I do hope that Mourinho is able to do this with one of our players from the academy.