Kurt Zouma

Mufassir08

Nikola Maksimovic, Höwedes, Subotic, Hummels?

Is Maksimovic good? Heard about him but never watched torino...

And please no subotic. The guy was mister dependable, the better part of pair with Hummels. He was reason why Hummels who was always kinda Luiz 2.0 never got stick and subotic rescued Bvb and Hummels many times. But he become realy bad. Now bvb still has Luiz in Hummels while another luiz in subotic. Their defense is shit, their gk is bad too. I wouldnt take anyone from their team atm, not to pair with Zouma atleast.

While Hummels is good cb, he needs someone reliable to drag him out of shit many times. Zouma on other hand needs a leader, someone who is reliable.

Godin would be my pick, but he isnt exactly brilliant with ball. Varane is not an option IMO and Laporte is too young. We need experienced reliable leader to pair with Zouma and Terry is fine for now, but eventualy it will be very hard to find proper replacement. Though it has to be said, Mou knows how to pick defenders quite well.

Zouma - Stones would be very solid for years. Stones is the perfect replacement for Terry/Ivanovic tbh.

Glad I'm not the only one that rates stones that highly. From a defensive standpoint, he's every bit as good as varane but the french has more natural talent (arguable) and pace.

Glad I'm not the only one that rates stones that highly. From a defensive standpoint, he's every bit as good as varane but the french has more natural talent (arguable) and pace.

Arguable? I don't think.

Stones would be good, though incredibly expensive.

Varane

Stones

Caulker

There is a lack of quality cb's. I would prefer Kalas or Christensen be given a shot, but that won't happen.

Arguable? I don't think.

Varane

Stones

Caulker

There is a lack of quality cb's. I would prefer Kalas or Christensen be given a shot, but that won't happen.

Christenson is a long way off, whenever I see him at youth level he blows hot and cold not least in the youth cup final last season.

Arguable? I don't think.

Varane

Stones

Caulker

Yes arguable. I actually base my opinion on what I see and not on pundits and the hype train.

What does varane do better than Stones? if anything Stones is actually more composed in possession and their passing about equal. defensively stones reads the game better and doesn't rely on pace/athleticism as much even though he's no slouch himself.

In the end, those two alongside laporte are the best young CB in the game. Zouma is not far behind.

And you must be joking with the inclusion of Caulker.

Rotation never ends well especially in defence, Mourinho should either stick with him or bench him for Cahill not rotate them because its only detrimental to the team as it is not only demotivating to the players but it does not allow for continuity something which is really helpful when it comes to a solid defence.