Kurt Zouma

Mufassir08

If true, would be nice to see another option in defence with JT coming to the end of his career, though i guess, i would like to see someone like Omerou or Kalas (though he can still be a choice at RB) as competitors. With someone young and JT still going strong at the moment, we could rotate the other CB position till then to get him used to the defensive style/reputation that will be on his shoulders.

Who would win the fight between him and Lukaku?

I think if they ran at each other at full pace it would probably cause some sort of natural disaster or black hole that would wipe out the entire world.

The unstoppable force Vs. The immovable object = dead.

being physically well build isnt everything. he still has his flaws, especially in terms of on-the ground battles and positioning. I think he needs 1-2 years at least before we can talk about him being a starting-lineup defender for our side.

being physically well build isnt everything. he still has his flaws, especially in terms of on-the ground battles and positioning. I think he needs 1-2 years at least before we can talk about him being a starting-lineup defender for our side.

There is no one without flaw not even the best defender is perfect we all have to deal with is flaw and make him better

There is no one without flaw not even the best defender is perfect we all have to deal with is flaw and make him better

there is difference between an 19 year old kid or somebody who is 25 and already playing football for years at high level. especially at young age you make much more mistakes and you have much more flaws. he will be more a long-term solution but not somebody who will help us short-term. and i doubt that our club will wait for a player 2 or 3 years to develop. I dont see him at Varanes level, who performed at a high level immediately.

Varane was quite average in first season, but exploded in second...

Varane showed his talent from the beginning. he wasnt used that much in his 1st season, yes, but you could see his talent from day 1.

Same as Zouma...but neither of them was ready to be starter in first season.

And in the second season he exploded in the middle of the season, the games he made in the begining of the season were were not that goodl. I don't think we need right know another CB but maybe if it's a young boy we can give him 15 games next season.

Been linked to him again by the Times

Chelsea are vying with Inter Milan for Kurt Zouma, the 19-year-old central defender who has been earmarked as a future France captain by the country's coach Didier Deschamps.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/premierleague/article3971976.ece

If we can get him for 10 million, it seems like a good deal

I wouldn't mind Terry, Cahill, Luiz & Kouma as our four CB's going into next season...

Kurt Zouma’s agent has claimed that “it’s a three-horse race” between Inter, Chelsea andMonaco for the St-Etienne defender.

http://asia.eurosport.com/football/serie-a/2011-2012/zouma-inter-chelsea-or-monaco_sto4083821/story.shtml

Chelsea are tracking £12m-rated teenage tearaway Kurt Zouma to boost their defence. (Source: The Times)

Kurt Zouma’s agent has claimed that “it’s a three-horse race” between Inter, Chelsea andMonaco for the St-Etienne defender.

http://asia.eurosport.com/football/serie-a/2011-2012/zouma-inter-chelsea-or-monaco_sto4083821/story.shtml

Chelsea are tracking £12m-rated teenage tearaway Kurt Zouma to boost their defence. (Source: The Times)

It's obvious that our name is just being thrown in there to raise the price. If we were in a "race" with Inter and Monaco we would have already signed him. They can't compete with us.