Kurt Zouma

Mufassir08

we should either keep him ..or send him out on loan till he gets a bit bigger :D

I think he's making a bid to stay. Who do you mark if your Arsenal in a set piece situation?

JT, Brana, Cahill, Costa, Drogba, Matic, Zouma with Cesc on the delivery? my word.

This is gonna be a fun year and the club will be wise to allow him to stay and learn from JT. Positioning seems to be his weakness right now.

This guy is a tank... except he can leap like a flea. How is that physically possible lol?

Anyway, I think he showed much more composure today. Maybe last match was just a stinker, everyone has those, especially when you're new in a team and even more so during pre-season.

I think we're done with the CB now. With him and Iva we have enough coverage for Cahill's and Terry's eventual absences. Actually I think his partnership with Terry today in the second was second to nothing to the Cahill/Terry partnership in general. It's good to have this feeling, that if an injury comes or a suspension for cumulative yellows, we not only have Iva (who I don't like much as a CB, unpopular opinion, but for me is a FB).

Actually with Aké, Iva and Zouma we've got the defense depth covered imo. We don't need any better than this. Also with some of those guys age (Aké, Zouma and even Azplici), if development continues as expected and injuries don't cause a serious problem, we're done with defenders for a few years, even when Terry retires and Cahill and Luís start the descending years of their careers. Terry could play one or two more years, the other two, who knows, maybe three or even four. We're settled for a few years and that's without counting Kalas who I also see some good potential on.

• 2 weeks later...

His general game is fine and I'd expect him to do much better along a partner like Terry rather then Christensen like in the last game. He should've cleared that cross for their goal but honestly it was a brilliant cross.

He has the talent, he has amazing players to learn from and he has José to work with him if needed also. All aligned for him to make it to our first team in a few years.

His jumping is absolutely incredible xD needs to work hard on his heading technique and he'll start scoring like crazy :D

He has an absolutely incredible leap. Timing may need some work but oh my, he has springs. There are times when he over jumps the ball and has to bring his upper body down to meet the ball. Gonna be fun seeing how he develops.

He has physical abilities, now Terry and Mou need to teach him a few things. If he follows their instructions, he might be some player in future. It all comes down to how long will he need to make a step higher and how long is Mou prepared to give him chance.

His passing, holding on ball is bit off at times, but I think he can improve that. CBs nowdays need to be versatile and skilled when having the ball.

He's a youngster.

Great prospect, great ability.

Concentration will dictate whether this kid makes it or breaks it.

Cahill improved his concentration and positioning a great deal under JT/next to JT/At Chelsea as did Ashley. Needs time and games but he is a worry, at the moment.