Kurt Zouma

Mufassir08

Stoke manager Mark Hughes has confirmed his interest in signing Kurt Zouma and is 'very hopeful' about agreeing a loan deal for the Chelsea defender.

It has been reported that Zouma will sign a new contract with his parent club before immediately being sent out on loan, with Blues boss Antonio Conte eager for the 22-year-old to get more Premier League experience under his belt.

Hughes acknowledges that Stoke face competition to sign the centre-back, it's understood that West Brom are also keen, but he is confident of bringing Zouma to the bet365 Stadium on a season-long deal.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4692378/Stoke-hopeful-loan-deal-Chelsea-s-Zouma.html

3 hours ago, Igi26 said:

He had bad luck in CFC career, but I really hope he thrives in Stoke and comes back great. He has that blue blood in him I think.

This loan is cruical for his career in Chelsea :) I really liked him before injury but than he returned without preseason which is always hard ... even harder after ACL injury. 

30 minutes ago, jernej93 said:

This loan is cruical for his career in Chelsea :) I really liked him before injury but than he returned without preseason which is always hard ... even harder after ACL injury. 

He was unlucky because he became available when our central trio was already made, Conte had no reason to make any changes and we were only focusing on the Premier League.

He is still only 22.. He'll play 35-40 matches for Stoke next season then we'll see. Cahill is 32, Azpilicueta's role in the squad is questionable, Rüdiger and Christensen might be flops, who knows.. He may come back stronger and more experienced.

Personally, I think Zouma will not fit into this 3-4-3 system. He is a beast, a great athlete, but he is very weak with the ball and choses the simpliest solution many times. Azpilicueta, Luiz, Christensen and Rüdiger are good passers and they are comfortable with the ball at their feet.

i wish him goodluck at Stoke, now that he has signed a 6 year deal for us, the most important thing for him is to regain that match fitness and get many games under his belt, that awful knee injury he had stalled his development and this loan will do him wonders for sure, hope to see him back soon with us, a hell of a player when healthy, wish him all the best.

• 4 weeks later...