Kurt Zouma

Mufassir08

49 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Massive, massive Zouma fan but he needs to go out on loan. He's completely rusted, and Antonio's system isn't helping. He needs to refine his play on the ball and sort out his positioning, and you can only do that if you play week in, week out.

Positioning he can sort out with tactical work, but i can't imagine him ever being good enough technically to play in this system. It's a shame as i like him too, but i think i can live with Zouma leaving when i think of what Antonio is building here.

Holy crap that performance yesterday was horrendous. Would not have expected him to be perfect after that injury but he really lost a lot of sharpness, presence and balance adding to his far from perfect positional awareness. At fault for Janmaats goal and could not deal with crosses from either side. 

8 minutes ago, milka said:

Chelsea are close to agreeing a loan-deal
with Olympique Marseille for defender Kurt
Zouma. [L’Equipe]

Good, we have to make this deal happen. Zouma was injured for 11 months, he has zero chance to be a starter at Chelsea now. Play 40-50 matches for Marseille to rebuild his confidence and form and we'll see.

1 hour ago, milka said:

Chelsea are close to agreeing a loan-deal
with Olympique Marseille for defender Kurt
Zouma. [L’Equipe]

I wish we could send some to Lille. 

Bielsa is going to there, and he knows how to push players to the next limits. 

Look at all the players that have come from the past two clubs he managed. 

Good, we have to make this deal happen. Zouma was injured for 11 months, he has zero chance to be a starter at Chelsea now. Play 40-50 matches for Marseille to rebuild his confidence and form and we'll see.

Rumours of him & Christensen being off , Bournemouth after Ake again and Terry leaving. Hope a few CB's are being lined up that are value for money (no Van Dijk breaking Luiz's record talk).

• 1 month later...

Kurt Zouma is determined to fight his way back into Antonio Conte’s plans at #Chelsea despite their hunt for a new defender. [Mirror]

Zouma: "I’m very happy at #Chelsea. I hear the rumours, it’s flattering. It means I’m a player people are looking at.“ [Mirror]

Zouma: "My objective is to stay at #Chelsea. Next season, we’ll start from scratch, there'll be a lot of games. It’s all up to me.“ [Mirror]

2 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:
Crystal Palace want to sign #Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma on loan. [Mirror]
Zouma's made it clear he wants to stay & fight for his place, but Palace will move in given any encouragement that he's available. [Mirror]

Would be a good move for him.

Move to Palace would be interesting. Frank de Boer is known for having an emphasis on possession and playing out frm the back, I think that would aid his development greatly, de Boer also has used a back 3 at Ajax beforehand but not as much as 4-3-3 but if he can get Kurt on loan there and bring that technical side of his game as well as his composure to another level it would be a good move because I honestly think he will struggle for games next season if he doesn't go anywhere.

I really like his attitude for wanting to prove the manager wrong and that he has a place in the team. Unfortunatelly, I don't think Conte trust him so much and also I don't think Zouma's style fits into Conte's idea, the Frenchman should improve a lot to gain his trust. Probably a loan in PL will be the best situation for him, Palace sounds good, they like to rely on strong defenders like him and I think he will fit there, also he is still gonna be in London so he can spend time with his fellas from Chelsea.

No doubt once Conte's gone we'll have a manager who loves this type of player, but Zouma will also be gone, or poorly developed. Conte should be doing what's best for our long term vision, not his short term stint.

No doubt once Conte's gone we'll have a manager who loves this type of player, but Zouma will also be gone, or poorly developed. Conte should be doing what's best for our long term vision, not his short term stint.

yes,,but not this season. conte need more trust from board with proving winning at least the PL again or top 4 in CL. and for that ambition conte know that young player is not best option right now...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Hope he comes back and impresses pre-season and shows the happy we saw pre injury that would make most happy.

Kurt Zouma wants to stay at Chelsea

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2017/6/27/15880458/kurt-zouma-wants-to-stay-at-chelsea

17 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Move to Palace would be interesting. Frank de Boer is known for having an emphasis on possession and playing out frm the back, I think that would aid his development greatly, de Boer also has used a back 3 at Ajax beforehand but not as much as 4-3-3 but if he can get Kurt on loan there and bring that technical side of his game as well as his composure to another level it would be a good move because I honestly think he will struggle for games next season if he doesn't go anywhere.

If that's true it will be a disaster of a move. Kurt will never have the skillset to shine in a system playing out of the back. Ironically if Allardyce stayed Palace would have been an ideal place for him.

14 minutes ago, Tomo said:

If that's true it will be a disaster of a move. Kurt will never have the skillset to shine in a system playing out of the back. Ironically if Allardyce stayed Palace would have been an ideal place for him.

I think Kurt can do it, just maybe not as well in the back 3, although playing in a back 4 is different because you have full backs and the emphasis isn't on the center backs to push up and get more involved in the play, like in a back 3. Yet again I think hes not too far away, I think if Gary Cahill or Cesar Azpilicueta can do it, then so can Zouma, its just a matter of coaching him to learn to do so along with the positional sense of playing in a back 3, sure both of them maybe have better technical ability than Zouma but you would hardly say they are outstanding technically, perhaps even tactically (Azpi is I would say), ironically Cahill being English and having played in England his whole career it is more than enough proof to show that somebody can be coached into being tactically and technically comfortable with/without the ball and learn when/what to do while playing in a back 3 because that system is very alien to English football and English footballers 9 times out of 10 will have been educated with a back 4. I wouldnt say all hope is lost for Kurt but his positional sense and technique hinders him in this formation we play, Frank de Boer is an ideal coach to try and help him in that way while giving him the chance of lots of game time.

• 2 weeks later...