Mario Pašalić

This guy is a perfect midfield player for us, why we sent him on loan again I'll never know - he could take both Ramires and Mikel's role in the squad and do both to a better standard. Matic-Pasalic-Cesc would be perfect for big games.

This guy is a perfect midfield player for us, why we sent him on loan again I'll never know - he could take both Ramires and Mikel's role in the squad and do both to a better standard. Matic-Pasalic-Cesc would be perfect for big games.

I had the same thought. At Monaco he starts next to toulalan and mourinho-wants-one-more-signing who made very similar to matic and fabregas. Would be a balanced mid

He will flourish at Monaco and make his move permanent there while we get Falcao next summer for a reduced fee after he gets back on his feet with Mourinho this season.

I hope for the opposiye

He's better than RLC. He'll show it this season. Can see him in the squad in 16-17 as a Mikel replacement.

would be great. He is very different to mikel thoug. Far more adventurous with his dribbling.

Pasalic is tall, quick, decent strength, a very good dribbler already, confident on the ball. His passing, goalscoring and tackling look promising but require some further development. Surely one step ahead of rlc tho.

we cant keep loaning out this fella get him in the 2016/17 squad

Why not? Courtois broke into the first team after three succesful loan spells. He should be out on loan as long as he is not needed at Chelsea, we shouldn't do "a Kalas" with him.

He is very different to mikel thoug. Far more adventurous with his dribbling.

Pasalic is tall, quick, decent strength, a very good dribbler already, confident on the ball. His passing, goalscoring and tackling look promising but require some further development. Surely one step ahead of rlc tho.

but that's exactly what we want. Mikel offers nothing going forward, even when paired with Matic. Paslic can offer offensive contribution, along with defensive stability.

• 2 weeks later...

Was very impressed by him in the second leg against Young Boys Berno. So composed, balanced player whether it is going forward, passing or tracking back and tackling.

Watched him a few times in Elche and even managed to watch a couple of games for Hajduk. He's two-footed on Cazorla level.

Really can predict big season for him and when he comes back he takes RLC place (very likely with how RLC is going nowadays) but he can actually take over Ramires and Mikel. Reminder that Chelsea didn't agree to set a buy-option for Monaco at 15m€, which is very high price for 20 years old especially when you consider that we bought him for 3m€. That means Chelsea rate him very highly.

Also remember that in one of last year pre-season friendlies press-conferences, Mourinho was asked about Pasalic and said that they will patiently wait for him to come back, 12 months will go quickly, and he will gain experience in a good league, which was personal recommendation from Jose, because for some reason Croatian players are still strangers in England even though they are part of European Union now (and it will remain like that till 2018 until free movement between Croatia and EU countries will start, so until then Croatian player will need work permit and I think they tried but couldn't get one for Pasalic last season).

I will finish it off now because I have Ballack-esque vision of him when I think about it, so let's not get carried away and just patiently wait another 12 months.

Was very impressed by him in the second leg against Young Boys Berno. So composed, balanced player whether it is going forward, passing or tracking back and tackling.

Watched him a few times in Elche and even managed to watch a couple of games for Hajduk. He's two-footed on Cazorla level.

Really can predict big season for him and when he comes back he takes RLC place (very likely with how RLC is going nowadays) but he can actually take over Ramires and Mikel. Reminder that Chelsea didn't agree to set a buy-option for Monaco at 15m€, which is very high price for 20 years old especially when you consider that we bought him for 3m€. That means Chelsea rate him very highly.

Also remember that Mourinho said that they wait for him to come back for this season, in one of last year pre-season friendlies press-conferences, he was asked about Pasalic and said that they will patiently wait for him to come back, 12 months will go quickly, and he will gain experience in a good league, which was personal recommendation from Jose, because for some reason Croatian players are still strangers in England even though they are part of European Union now (and it will remain like that till 2018 until free movement between Croatia and EU countries will be in place, so until then Croatian player will need work permits and I think they tried but couldn't get one for Pasalic last season).

I will finish it off now because I have Ballack-esque vision now when I think about it, so let's not get carried away and just patiently wait another 12 months.

get him in the squad for 2016/17 season

• 2 weeks later...

He was quite invisible till his goal.

Got fouled twice after and made some nice passes and moves, certainly promising lad.

But Monaco should have done better this game. They obviously tried, but conceded goals too easy.

Excepting the goal, bad game.

I feel very bad for the defeat of Monaco. I want to saw them in Champions and was a very unfair result.

Who did and amazing game was Martial. Only 19 years. Obviously still has a lot to improve, but this guy can be special.