Mario Pašalić

• 4 weeks later...

decent game from him.

On a different note. Barca has become a little bit disappointing. Players like bravo, Rafinha, haddadi and matthieu. Ok players, but Barca used to have a WC one on every position.

Rafinha and Hadadi are very young though. Even Xavi and I Iniesta werent world class at young age...

Mathieu and Bravo, I had no idea what was barca board thinking when they signed them...

On another point, we realy did well this summer window, considering ManU mad spending, crazy Perez and his dream team and Barca with fucked up signings in defence once again.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@ChelsTransfer: Chelsea are sending new signing Mario Pasalic out on loan to Elche for the 2014/15 season.

Pasalic: "As I went to say goodbye to my manager Mourinho, he told me that I'm on the best way to one day return to Chelsea. Mourinho also told me that I must do my best on loan in Spain because he will keep track of all my games. Director of sport Michael Emenalo also told me that he and Mourinho will come to see me in Spain. I like this option from Elche... I always dreamed that I would play in La Liga once" (Mail)

From the mail:

Pasalic: "As I went to say goodbye to my manager Mourinho, he told me that I'm on the best way to one day return to Chelsea. Mourinho also told me that I must do my best on loan in Spain because he will keep track of all my games. Director of sport Michael Emenalo also told me that he and Mourinho will come to see me in Spain. I like this option from Elche... I always dreamed that I would play in La Liga once."

EDIT: Iseah beat me to it :rant:

Wonder that was a lie or not.

Pasalic quite having a good season. Expected another season on loan somewhere, and then we sell him. Bitter, but that is most likely will happen.

Elche - Deportivo La Coruna 4-0

Marko played 90 minutes(as usual) and scored the second goal of Elche:

http://videa.hu/videok/sport/elche-la-coruna-3-0-yfDf9FI6hPMX3bOu?start=1.344

Best part is that Pasalic and the shooter did the same exact same celebration at the same time, to opposite corner flags.

• 2 weeks later...

Quietly one of our most successful loans this season. Not expecting him to come back for another season, though, maybe the new 3 just coming up to the PL might take him.

lazio are interested in taking him on loan

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/443538/Mario-Pasalic-to-return-to-Chelsea

• 2 weeks later...

Ever present for Elche this season. Proven he can survive in the first team. A good loan would be ideal, to a team with Europa/ChampsLge football and the season after I think he should come back.

Alternatively take him back now - he's a b2b player, he appears to fit the profile of what Mourinho wants. He has a good chance.

Being an ever present in a first division mid table team at 19-20 is a fantastic achievement. Well done to the lad. In fact, he was largely playing as a holding midfielder, and obviously not doing a bad job of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic coup for Monaco if it's true they're getting Pasalic for Falcao w/ a buyout clause.

Swapping a past it player for a young, up and coming young lad who's top flight proven. Champions League football (if Monaco still have it?) will be fantastic for him.

I fully expect Mario to do a Matic. I hope we put a buy back clause in there.

Fantastic coup for Monaco if it's true they're getting Pasalic for Falcao w/ a buyout clause.

Swapping a past it player for a young, up and coming young lad who's top flight proven. Champions League football (if Monaco still have it?) will be fantastic for him.

I fully expect Mario to do a Matic. I hope we put a buy back clause in there.

He's going there on loan.