Ryan Bertrand

DavidEU

In keeping with UEFA guidelines, an Under 21 player is defined as one who is under the age of 21 on 1st January in the year in which the season commences. For the 2011/12 campaign Under 21 players will have been born on or after 1st January 1990.

So he will have to be registered?

But PVA is the better player and more likely to end up as Cole successor.

Don't know about that, Bertrand is defensively solid and is a great crosser of the ball, the only advantage van aanholt may have is dribbling. It's down to opinion at this stage, so let agree to disagree :)

What if: bertrand became the left back successor to cole, and pva played in front of him. Pva has a wicked shot, could see him as that utility left sided player zhirkov was mean to be: stout in defense, with enough skill and technique to play Maloudas winger/second striker role (or whatever u want to call it), and he can tuck inside and go box to box in the left side of a three man midfield. I dunno, just food for thought. Seems like they have too much talent to waste.

Don't know about that, Bertrand is defensively solid and is a great crosser of the ball, the only advantage van aanholt may have is dribbling. It's down to opinion at this stage, so let agree to disagree :)

I am more of admirer of attacking fullbacks, this is why i prefer PVA.

No doubt Bertrand is better defensively, but thing is attacking fullbacks are more needed in modern football.

I am more of admirer of attacking fullbacks, this is why i prefer PVA.

No doubt Bertrand is better defensively, but thing is attacking fullbacks are more needed in modern football.

sry I have to say you have no clue about Bertrand... he is right now at this stage a way better fullback than pva... pva is more of an winger... and not a left back...

For the past 5 years Kalou has been playing for one of Europe's elite clubs, it's called the law of averages. :rolleyes:

The statistics are misleading to say the least, his consistent poor performances & zero development since joining has been laughable. Give Kakuta & Sturridge the same minutes on the pitch and you will see the difference. Kalou has been incredibly fortunate to have played the amount of games he has here. Whilst talented youngsters were shipped off on loan due to Carlo's phobia of inexperience.

LOL yeah cos Kakuta did mint at Fulham.

Remember when malouda played left back for us haha

That horrible Inter tie. Ugh. Bad nights, those.

On topic : Ryan has more than proved his mettle at the various clubs he's been loaned to. Can't imagine it would be anything other than disheartening for him if he's shipped out again. Be nice to hear AvB's words on the matter, though.