Ryan Bertrand

DavidEU

Slap a £20 million price tag on him... I'm being serious. This kid has the potential to be a quality full-back and England international. If people like Phil Jones can go for £17 million with about 30 first team appearances, someone who has nearly 40 appearances at various levels for England is worth even more.

A loan to Wolves however would be perfect - http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2011/06/18/wolves-eye-up-chelsea-star-ryan-bertrand/

Slap a £20 million price tag on him... I'm being serious. This kid has the potential to be a quality full-back and England international. If people like Phil Jones can go for £17 million with about 30 first team appearances, someone who has nearly 40 appearances at various levels for England is worth even more.

A loan to Wolves however would be perfect - http://www.expressan...-ryan-bertrand/

I agree. There are not too many good fullbacks around atm.

I think a loan move may push him towards an eventual exit..

i agree. it would be like a kid passing his exams and then being told he has to sit them again.

Ryan is smart..he knows that he can`t get ahead of the worlds greatest left back at present,but he can and is willing to be his understudy before eventually taking over from him. that smartness could however lead to his departure if we try to treat him like a fool.

i agree. it would be like a kid passing his exams and then being told he has to sit them again.

Ryan is smart..he knows that he can`t get ahead of the worlds greatest left back at present,but he can and is willing to be his understudy before eventually taking over from him. that smartness could however lead to his departure if we try to treat him like a fool.

Exactly!

He's had too many loan moves. 150+ appearances on loan. Seeing PvA offered a new contract would've added to his concerns so a new loan move would push him further out

He would be a more usable back-up to Ash than PvA. We should keep him around the squad.

Totally agree with you. There are a host of reasons why Bertrand should be the one staying:

1) He has broken into the England Under 21 squad and is doing well

2) He has bags of experience under his belt while he has been on loan

3) In his Premier League debut, he registered an assist

having said that, Bertrand should be fighting Ashley Cole to make the left back spot his own. PvA should be the one getting sent out on loan because he has much less playing time, and probably has less experience.