Ryan Bertrand

DavidEU

In the league? 64 minutes less than Bertrand.

Probably Luiz. Yes in hypotheticals it could be bad, but football clubs have to be run on the reality of the situation.

We've let a player who has played 64 minutes of league football go on loan. If nothing it gets his wages off the books, but it might also be a sign of us signing Luke Shaw who could be the future of this club.

Loaning a player who wasn't being used doesn't need spin. He's third choice left-back and he's got himself a decent loan.

we have BA and essien "on the books" earning 80k and 100k respectively but are worried about bertrand's wages? weird!!

how conviniently u emphasize on "league". RB was never going to be the first team player. where he is used best was in squad rotation. with the FA cup matches and replays to be played, that is where he would have been useful. also, in giving a "rest" to our fullbacks before big european nights in quarters and semis.

what i dont get is, its fine having 3 strikers for 1 positions, 6 CMs for 2 positions but bertrand as our 7th defender is unnecessary.

also, the shaw deal, still makes no sense. 20mil for him to be our 3rd choice LB cos i dont see jose dropping iva once he comes back and every1 knows his favouritism towards ash.

also the scenario i gave u might be hypothetical but can so easily be "reality". injuries in football is not unheard of and thats why "big" teams normally have "squad" depth.

i mean lets look at man city - kolarov, clichy, zabaleta, richards as their fullbacks and kompany, demichellis, nastastic, and lescott as their cbs. and here we are sending a perfectly fine squad player on loan

we have BA and essien "on the books" earning 80k and 100k respectively but are worried about bertrand's wages? weird!!

Accountants eh? It all counts.

how conviniently u emphasize on "league". RB was never going to be the first team player. where he is used best was in squad rotation. with the FA cup matches and replays to be played, that is where he would have been useful. also, in giving a "rest" to our fullbacks before big european nights in quarters and semis.

League cup matches could've been included, except we aren't in that competition anymore and he wasn't in the last game either.

what i dont get is, its fine having 3 strikers for 1 positions, 6 CMs for 2 positions but bertrand as our 7th defender is unnecessary.

We're selling De Bruyne so it's 5 for 3 spots now.

also, the shaw deal, still makes no sense. 20mil for him to be our 3rd choice LB cos i dont see jose dropping iva once he comes back and every1 knows his favouritism towards ash.

Ash who has been dropped this season?? Luke Shaw would probably be first or second choice and then the plan would be for him to be first-choice for the next decade. How does that now make sense?

also the scenario i gave u might be hypothetical but can so easily be "reality". injuries in football is not unheard of and thats why "big" teams normally have "squad" depth.

True, but he's played 64 minutes of first-team league football in the first 21 games of the season. It's unlikely he would've played much and that's what these calls are based on.

i mean lets look at man city - kolarov, clichy, zabaleta, richards as their fullbacks and kompany, demichellis, nastastic, and lescott as their cbs. and here we are sending a perfectly fine squad player on loan

And in midfield that have Toure and Fernandinho.....then it's a big drop to Garcia and Rodwell. That's just the way it works sometimes. All of those players you've mentioned have played more than an hour of league football too.

Accountants eh? It all counts.

League cup matches could've been included, except we aren't in that competition anymore and he wasn't in the last game either.

We're selling De Bruyne so it's 5 for 3 spots now.

Ash who has been dropped this season?? Luke Shaw would probably be first or second choice and then the plan would be for him to be first-choice for the next decade. How does that now make sense?

True, but he's played 64 minutes of first-team league football in the first 21 games of the season. It's unlikely he would've played much and that's what these calls are based on.

And in midfield that have Toure and Fernandinho.....then it's a big drop to Garcia and Rodwell. That's just the way it works sometimes. All of those players you've mentioned have played more than an hour of league football too.

he was "injured" for the last game and has been "injured" for a long time (remembers me so much of sturridge and his "injuries"). though now i am sure he will play each and every match for villa without any "injuries".

no, we have 5 AMs for 3 spots and 6 CMs for 2 spots (matic, rambo, mikel, lamps, mvg and essien). bit much!!!

they have played league football cos they have been selected by their and shown some faith. bertrand would have 2nd to willian as a MOTM in the arsenal carling cup game but somehow got the boot from jose.on the other hand, AC who had a horrendous start to the season was continued to play until it became clear that he should be dropped.

shaw becoming the first choice LB ahead of both azpi/cole is unrealistic in my opinion. i simply dont think that can happen in a club like chelsea. infact i think he would be loaned out to vitesse in the summer if he is bought.

no, we have 5 AMs for 3 spots and 6 CMs for 2 spots (matic, rambo, mikel, lamps, mvg and essien). bit much!!!

Essien seems to be on his way out and MVG is still an ACL short of playing for us.

shaw becoming the first choice LB ahead of both azpi/cole is unrealistic in my opinion. i simply dont think that can happen in a club like chelsea. infact i think he would be loaned out to vitesse in the summer if he is bought.

So you think Luke Shaw would be loaned out to Vitesse if we bought him??

Wow. You're just wrong. I could go down the old 'well that's your opinion....' route, but you're just very wrong about that. Like really wrong. I'm looking for a metaphor to say how wrong you are but I can't think of one. That's actually broken my brain.

I think and hope that Jose has something lined up to replace Ryan. I can't imagine he would be okay with leaving us this thin at the back. Maybe Coentrao on loan till the end of the season?

where does it leave us regarding HomeGrown? just Cahill, Terry, Cole, Lampard so Coentrao coming in will have to be balanced by another sale

Essien seems to be on his way out and MVG is still an ACL short of playing for us.

So you think Luke Shaw would be loaned out to Vitesse if we bought him??

Wow. You're just wrong. I could go down the old 'well that's your opinion....' route, but you're just very wrong about that. Like really wrong. I'm looking for a metaphor to say how wrong you are but I can't think of one. That's actually broken my brain.

rant and sarcasm and exaggeration does not seem to settle well with u, does it???

it was said with so as to show how poorly we treat our youth!!! simple as that. not everything is to be taken literally.i thought that was pretty clear from the way i wrote and what i wrote.

where does it leave us regarding HomeGrown? just Cahill, Terry, Cole, Lampard so Coentrao coming in will have to be balanced by another sale

McEachran instead of Essien? No that's very unlikely. I think if Essien's leaving and we do not wish to replace him (supposing that Matic has replaced KDB) then we would not need another HG player. We simply don't use the full HG quota.

I might be mistaken, though.

McEachran instead of Essien? No that's very unlikely. I think if Essien's leaving and we do not wish to replace him (supposing that Matic has replaced KDB) then we would not need another HG player. We simply don't use the full HG quota.

I might be mistaken, though.

can register just 21 players . not entirely sure how many we've got now

rant and sarcasm and exaggeration does not seem to settle well with u, does it???

it was said with so as to show how poorly we treat our youth!!! simple as that. not everything is to be taken literally.i thought that was pretty clear from the way i wrote and what i wrote.

I'm fine with all that stuff, but straight-up nonsense just bores me.

Look, we're talking about the loaning of a player who really wasn't part of our plans in the short, mid or long-term. It increases his value, gives him play time and maybe contributes to us buying a player (Shaw) who would be part of our plans. Yes it leaves us vulnerable if we suffered 2 or 3 injuries in defence, but other squads would struggle if they had similar situations in defence or midfield.

This move just makes sense.

This move just makes sense.

not one bit to me.

2 injuries and we would be thread bare in our options and in football,2 injuries is not that is not unheard of.

i hope i am wrong but this move smacks more off jose and ryan's (lets put it lightly) strained relationship than anything else.