Ryan Bertrand

DavidEU

From my knowledge, he was orginally a left winger that was later developed to a left back. I think that he could provide more options on the left, in all fairness to Malouda, he has been poor, and maybe with the likes of Zhirkov and Bertrand, maybe we could get competition.

That is saying, that i am correct that he can play there - which i am not 100% sure of.

Name: Ryan Bertrand

Position: Defender

Number: 34

Joined From: Gillingham

Fee: £125,000

Signed by: Frank Arnesen?/Jose Mourinho?

Ryan joined Chelsea in the summer of 2005 from Gillingham, he has gone on loan to Bournemouth, Oldham, Norwich, Reading and Nottingham Forest.

He has recently became a squad player for Chelsea and was on the bench for the FA Cup replay against Everton at Stamford Bridge.

His debut for the Blues finally came in a 3-1 win over Birmingham City, where he replaced the injured Ashley Cole midway through the second half, it was however his only appearance that season.

He was named in the 25 man squad by Andre Villas Boas for the 2011/2012 season but found opportunities limited under the Portuguese, only appearing six times, but it was when Roberto Di Matteo took over his Chelsea career and career as a whole really kicked off.

When Cole picked up an injury, Bertrand started two games in the space of three days aganst Wigan and Fulham and produced solid performances both times, unlike Andre, Robbie trusted the youngster to fill in when Cole was injured or needed a rest.

His best Chelsea performance came at The Emirates against Arsenal, where he completely nullified the threat of Theo Walcott and picked up his first man of the match, after that afternoon he was picked for all bar one of the remaining league games as Cole was getting rested and redied the FA Cup and Champions League finals.

But his season didn't end there, injury's and suspension's meant he got a shock Champions League debut in the final against Bayern Munich but where most in his situation would be riddled with nerves, he simply came of age, performed incredibly in tanden with Cole to keep the Bayern right side of Lahm and Robben quiet and when he was replaced by Florent Malouda in the 74th minute he and all Chelsea fans knew whatever the outcome he done us proud. We ofcourse went on to win on penalties and made history.

Following on from that, he was given a call up to the Team GB Olympic team, despite a poor tournament overall, Ryan never put a foot wrong in defence and came out of it with his reputation further enhanced.

Now if all that in a few months wasn't enough Roy Hodgson has given the lad his first England call up for the friendly against Italy.

A few days after that he came on as a substitute for Chelsea against Manchester City at Villa Park with the Blues 3-1 down. He scored his first Chelsea goal to bring them back in the game and make it 3-2, although Chelsea didn't bring the game back level, on a personal level it's good he got of the mark in Chelsea colours.

RyanBertrand_1512449a.jpg

I know Bertrand's English and all, but i'd still pick PvA over him any day, We all know what Ashley Cole thinks about the matter, he went to go see PvA while he was out on loan, nuff said i think. Plus PvA has that hard shot on goal, class.

Kalou considering Chelsea exit

Mirror

Salomon Kalou is considering his Chelsea future after slipping down the pecking order at Stamford Bridge.

The Ivorian striker signed for the Blues in 2006 - and has seen off other rivals such as Andriy Shevchenko, Shaun Wright-Phillips and Joe Cole.

But he has ­become marginalised since the £50m arrival of Fernando Torres - despite the ­Spaniard’s failure to score in four appearances.

“It’s been ­difficult watching from the sidelines these past few weeks,” Kalou said.

“If an opportunity doesn’t come, that’s when you sit down at the end of the season and think about it.

“Every game it’s possible to make the right decision and it has to be something you’re doing for the good of your own ­career. You don’t make any decisions by ­rushing them.”

However, Kalou’s immediate priority is to win back his place and help ­Chelsea’s push hard in the Premier League and in ­Europe.

Not easy when competing alongside Torres, Nicolas Anelka, Didier Drogba and Florent Malouda.

He said: “They are all top strikers. But I have to say that if you take the statistics I’m not far from them.

“I can reach their level, so I have to keep working hard and that’s the only way I will get into the team.

“The manager knows I can bring something to the team as well. Right now he’s making the choice of Torres and ­Anelka. It’s working well and we’re winning games. So I have to wait.

“Torres is a top striker and has changed teams in the middle of the season before, which is never easy. I think he is going to need time to adapt.”

I wouldn't want him to leave us. He's not as good as Torres, Drogba or Anelka, but we need him as a substitute, because we need players like Kalou to warm the bench.

In my opinion he's a very good substitute, whenever he comes he gives boost to our attack and he's quick with the ball, always a threat.

Lmao.

Also, LMAO at Kalou acting like a big shot by telling the media he's considering leaving.

Hardly acting like a big shot, They asked a question, he answered it.

You could call him a big shot aswell, He's playing for one of Europe's top clubs.