Ryan Bertrand

DavidEU

He's improving constantly. Let's see how this season goes for him, though. Of course, Cole is one of Mourinho's favourites - but one hopes José will never player Ryan on the wing. 10 games next season at LB is better than 25 games on the wing in terms of his career progression.

Always been defensively sound, it's his offense contribution that has been found wanting. Cole is also absolute shit in the build-up but he still ends up contributing more because of how many runs he ends up making.

He doesn't get up as often but Bertrand probably has the best cross on him between our fullbacks though.

Defense comes first for fullbacks and the better the winger is the less the fullback has to contribute. When we had those Anelka-Malouda wing-partnership who could not beat a player to save their life, we constantly relied on our fullbacks. Now we have Hazard who easily beats 2 or 3 players and Moses/Mata/KDB on the other side who when they get lucky can beat at least one player, so we do not really need the fullbacks to get the ball in.

• 3 weeks later...

Something that made me a bit curious while reading this article (it's not really worth reading, lol)...

Realistically, the only drawback with Bertrand is that due to slight ankle problems he won’t be able to fully emulate his idol (Cole), as the chances of him regularly playing 60 games a season are minimal.

http://www.givemesport.com/364723-chelsea-three-players-facing-makeorbreak-season

Does anyone know what ankle problems the writer is talking about? I've never heard about Bertrand having these kinda issues before (and I can't find anything relevant on the Internet either), tbh.

Something that made me a bit curious while reading this article (it's not really worth reading, lol)...

http://www.givemesport.com/364723-chelsea-three-players-facing-makeorbreak-season

Does anyone know what ankle problems the writer is talking about? I've never heard about Bertrand having these kinda issues before (and I can't find anything relevant on the Internet either), tbh.

I think he is talking about coles ankle problems which are well known and documented but has twisted the facts in his head... I don't know about any problmes of Bert.

I think he is talking about coles ankle problems which are well known and documented but has twisted the facts in his head... I don't know about any problmes of Bert.

That was my guess, too. For real though, how can you mix up the facts like that?! :lol: Not even the DailyFail manage to do that.

Read that hes going to Everton if Baines goes to United.

Don't really mind about that. He will cement the 1st team spot. (Same if we actually let him go on loan to liverpool earlier)

We can always get PVA back for loan.