Mohamed Salah

kobematabryant

I was really worried about putting Salah in this game, because of the lack of space and support in midfield, but he made me proud. I hope that he continues like that and every time he gets in a game he performs better. Today he was decent enough. I want to see more creativity from him in those types of matches. I know he has much more to give but only in good time.

I was really worried about putting Salah in this game, because of the lack of space and support in midfield, but he made me proud. I hope that he continues like that and every time he gets in a game he performs better. Today he was decent enough. I want to see more creativity from him in those types of matches. I know he has much more to give but only in good time.

an assist or a goal today would've made him Man of the match for us .. a couple would've made him a hero! it was a good time to make an impact and leave a print .. but can't really blame him .. even if he made an assist or 2 who'd have got them inside .. Torres?!!!!!

I've set my expectations high for him ... I really hope he shows more progress ... and maybe hold on to the ball alittle more .. shoot when he gets the chance ... his first touch passes are great offensively like that one he gave to Oscar .. seen no one at chelsea do it this season .. Would love to see him start a match ... given enough time I think he can make that difference to a score sheet

an assist or a goal today would've made him Man of the match for us .. a couple would've made him a hero! it was a good time to make an impact and leave a print .. but can't really blame him .. even if he made an assist or 2 who'd have got them inside .. Torres?!!!!!

I've set my expectations high for him ... I really hope he shows more progress ... and maybe hold on to the ball alittle more .. shoot when he gets the chance ... his first touch passes are great offensively like that one he gave to Oscar .. seen no one at chelsea do it this season .. Would love to see him start a match ... given enough time I think he can make that difference to a score sheet

As much as I would love to see him start, I would rather have him as a sub for now. I would like rather have him develop gradually to reach his peak or potential than see him rise and fall quickly. Remember he is playing beside great players that have a different aspect of the game. I want him to pick up things from his teammates. Especially, Hazard,Oscar and Willian. They have a beautiful aspect that I admire. They themselves need to be consistent with it. Salah loves playing with skillful players. I too have high hopes for him, but I want to be fair to the lad and see him develop gradually.

He played well when he came on, but he seemed to have quite a bit of the ball in the middle of the park. For him to truly shine, he needs someone behind him to set up chances for him. Someone similar to Aboutrika. :D

My first impression:

Salah’s already better than Moses and has a much higher ceiling than him.

Moses needs space to accomplish anything: he dribbles long, by sending the ball into space, not completely in possession, hoping to get there before the opponent does. He relies mostly on pace and power to accomplish that. This is the least technical way of dribbling – I know because that’s how I played the game (wing too). :) Sometimes this is good enough when the player is also good in other areas, but this will never make him a world class winger IMO.

Salah on the other hand has far better technique: he does not need much space to play. He can dribble in tight spaces or in wide areas with more pace, but he’s always in possession with quick precise touches (fewer when in pace). Salah’s technique, (first touch and tight control of the football) is rare and combined with the great mentality he has shown at such young age, makes him a fantastic prospect. This does not guarantee anything and it’s really up to him (and a number of other variables including luck) to work hard to fulfill his potential.

I’d not rush him this season though. It’s not really about whether he can be effective right now, but to let him develop at his own pace. Imagine how his life must have changed in such a short period of time.

please note that if I end up being completely wrong about him I will merely delete this post, thank you. :P

Looool