Mohamed Salah

kobematabryant

I would hate to compare and maybe I might be a bit inaccurate, but I see him playing against teams you sit deep. Pedro has a similar game, and like Shurrle he definitely shines a lot on the counters a however still manages to time his runs when facing opponents with tight defenders. But I would really hate it if Shurrle doesn't try to develop his game to suit such situations. Just like I would really hate it if Salah becomes nothing but pacey player.

yeah, I think they'll develop further, as I said in my first post in response to Shakez, but as it is now, I don't see Schurrle making much of a difference if we don't create space for him. But I'm positive both will develop further than that. You know Salah better than me, so you can tell me better what you expect him to be.

During his time in the Egyptian league he demonstrated the ability to dribble in tight spots very well. He also had more courage taking long shots at the goal and they were pretty decent. When he first played for the national team he would create chances for his teammates. Having said all of that he didn't do that as much as we had hoped. But he was 19 turning 20. As far as retreating and doing a defensive role he wasn't that good at all. But again this is the Egyptian league ( one of the best in Africa and the Middle East but FAR OFF international levels)

When he moved to Basle he showed signs of improvement as far as dribbling and speed are concerned. Creating chances hasn't really improved that much ( but there were signs of slight improvements). Occasionally he would take long shots. However the rate is low and accuracy is not of a high percentage.

Here is the thing though he adapts very well. The players he prefers to play along side with are the good dribblers. Not comparing here, but the two players ( probably no body heard of other than the Africans mainly) who knew how to bring the best out of him were his national teammates Abu Trika ( who performed amazingly against Brazil in the 4-3 defeat in the confederations cup 2009) and Shika ( who recently joined Sporting Lisbon) were both good dribblers. Him playing alongside Oscar, Willian and Hazard will definitely up his game. He just connects well with those type of players. He didn't get that option at Basle where they mainly depended on his speed ( sorry to say this but he showed more than this when he was offered a challenge from Spurs and Chelsea). Finishing skills are inconsistent at Basle but very impressive with the national team.

Personality wise he is very shy and humble. He just got married a few months ago during the transfers :) and he comes from a middle class family.

Does that do it @Barbara, ?

Di María doesn't always get recognition for the part he's played, not many recognizes what a player he is. We didn't have a player like that, but maybe Salah can become just that. Angel also has a lot of pace (but no one compares to Mo, lol), he's objective, he can assist or he can cut in and finish, his first touch is second to none and he tracks back. He's a perfect winger for me. Hopefully we'll see Salah developing into that.

imo that's not who Willian is. He's more similar to Ozil than Oscar is himself, but he's still struggling. There may be matches where we may use both of them, but I think it's unlikely and I'm positive Mourinho has noticed that... and then we're faced with the awful truth: we got a backup for over 30m... unless he turns things around and proves to be a better option than Oscar because I don't think he'll ever offer what Mourinho wants for the RW in the long term. As I said, it all depends on how Salah develops himself here, how long it takes. Willian's own evolution isn't as important as Salah's in the role he'll play in the team because he isn't cut for what José wants from his wingers. But maybe he can surprise us all.

I agree with you, Barbara. Willian does look like an overpriced backup player. Schuerrle always looked great on counterattacks for Germany and sometimes for his clubs in Germany. Salah is an excellent all-around attacking player, just needs to adapt to the Premier League under Jose (here's to hoping he does).

So, I would say that Torres, perhaps David Luiz, Willian, Marin, Moses were all poor signings. Luiz might turn it around, Willian might turn it around, but at this moment, I would not choose any of them for their transfer fees (blatantly obvious on Torres and Marin the exact moment I heard of the transaction). Hopefully the striker, center midfield and fullbacks positions are filled by quality players, Torres leaves and we can just forget all these mistakes for the future.

During his time in the Egyptian league he demonstrated the ability to dribble in tight spots very well. He also had more courage taking long shots at the goal and they were pretty decent. When he first played for the national team he would create chances for his teammates. Having said all of that he didn't do that as much as we had hoped. But he was 19 turning 20. As far as retreating and doing a defensive role he wasn't that good at all. But again this is the Egyptian league ( one of the best in Africa and the Middle East but FAR OFF international levels)

When he moved to Basle he showed signs of improvement as far as dribbling and speed are concerned. Creating chances hasn't really improved that much ( but there were signs of slight improvements). Occasionally he would take long shots. However the rate is low and accuracy is not of a high percentage.

Here is the thing though he adapts very well. The players he prefers to play along side with are the good dribblers. Not comparing here, but the two players ( probably no body heard of other than the Africans mainly) who knew how to bring the best out of him were his national teammates Abu Trika ( who performed amazingly against Brazil in the 4-3 defeat in the confederations cup 2009) and Shika ( who recently joined Sporting Lisbon) were both good dribblers. Him playing alongside Oscar, Willian and Hazard will definitely up his game. He just connects well with those type of players. He didn't get that option at Basle where they mainly depended on his speed ( sorry to say this but he showed more than this when he was offered a challenge from Spurs and Chelsea). Finishing skills are inconsistent at Basle but very impressive with the national team.

Personality wise he is very shy and humble. He just got married a few months ago during the transfers :) and he comes from a middle class family.

thanks for posting this. :D

I agree with you, Barbara. Willian does look like an overpriced backup player. Schuerrle always looked great on counterattacks for Germany and sometimes for his clubs in Germany. Salah is an excellent all-around attacking player, just needs to adapt to the Premier League under Jose (here's to hoping he does).

So, I would say that Torres, perhaps David Luiz, Willian, Marin, Moses were all poor signings. Luiz might turn it around, Willian might turn it around, but at this moment, I would not choose any of them for their transfer fees (blatantly obvious on Torres and Marin the exact moment I heard of the transaction). Hopefully the striker, center midfield and fullbacks positions are filled by quality players, Torres leaves and we can just forget all these mistakes for the future.

David Luiz saved our sorrow arses a few times in the last two seasons and I think he's part of what won us European titles. Just because he's in bad form now it doesn't undo what he's done in the past, so for that alone he can't be considered a poor signing.

I'm not sure Willian will turn out in a bad signing, I just think it's a waste of money if he doesn't fit as well in the system. I thought he'd fit better than he did so far, maybe it's adaptation or maybe he just isn't suitable for English football and/or our system.

Marin is the biggest flop after Torres and I think Moses was decent given what were our goals when he was around here. It makes no sense to recall him imo.

There are a lot of guy I'd like to see going off on loan (or continuing) or just sold. We have way too many useless players for us. I think we tried to value their price tags this season, but few of them hit the target. Moses is one that didn't pay off for Liverpool. It seems like Marin wants to stay at Sevilla, the question remains if Sevilla is even interested.

There isn't one player other than Lukaku I'd recall. I'd have 3 players from the academy and junior teams to fill up the homegrown quota, but I don't remember now any player I'd like to come back to SB, not even Oriol.

that's perfect, sweetie. Thanks :)

But you need movement, someone to make run threatening runs in and around oppositions' defence to have a threat at goal and Schurrle provides that option with his directness as well as better than the rest. With the trio of H-O-W, there is a tendency to be doing everything in front of the opposition and not enough behind them. At times, the ST is our only attacking/passing outlet upfront while there is not enough support breaking forward.

This.

No matter how big the bus, chances will still be created, but you need people in the right positions to convert.

It's why Lamps should always play against these teams, and Schurrle instead of Willian/Oscar as he is the bigger goal threat.

Personality wise he is very shy and humble.

He just looks like he's the nicest guy. Hopefully a humble guy like this can keep the locker-room respectful and level headed with his example. I honestly think he an score a lot of goals next season.

David Luiz saved our sorrow arses a few times in the last two seasons and I think he's part of what won us European titles. Just because he's in bad form now it doesn't undo what he's done in the past, so for that alone he can't be considered a poor signing.

I'm not sure Willian will turn out in a bad signing, I just think it's a waste of money if he doesn't fit as well in the system. I thought he'd fit better than he did so far, maybe it's adaptation or maybe he just isn't suitable for English football and/or our system.

Marin is the biggest flop after Torres and I think Moses was decent given what were our goals when he was around here. It makes no sense to recall him imo.

My dislike for David Luiz has nothing at all to do with "current form;" David has played well for Brazil recently and at times for Chelsea. He's still capable of having some superb performances at center back for Brazil in the World Cup, I'm sure. But for this player to be in a starting XI every week, he needs to play one position well enough and I don't think he has proven to be reliable at any position.

off the topic completely: anyone thinking that he looked good in the Arsenal match should be considering that he had the latitude to do almost anything with Matic next to him and Arsenal down to 10.

He just looks like he's the nicest guy. Hopefully a humble guy like this can keep the locker-room respectful and level headed with his example. I honestly think he an score a lot of goals next season.

Yeah he is very a nice guy, but it is not like he his the only one in the locker room that looks respectful :). I can tell there are many in this young squad, especially Oscar and Shurrle, they are just great kids. Frankly I love this squad. Great potential in this team in every line.

here is Mohamed Salah Career, Statistics and Profile and Football Career Statistics at http://int.soccerway.com/

http://int.soccerway.com/players/mohamed-salah/138653/

138653.png

here is Mohamed Salah Career, Statistics and Profile and Football Career Statistics at http://www.scoresway.com/

http://www.scoresway.com/?sport=soccer&page=player&id=138653

"Proof of that welcome arrives almost instantly when David Luiz turns up at our Cobham training ground and immediately greets his newest teammate in Arabic, Salah's native tongue. He returns the greeting in Portuguese as the two embrace."

:wub::D