Mohamed Salah

kobematabryant

All depends on the price, for £10m he could be a decent risk, for £16m he's a poor signing. It does seem like our scouting is based off who plays well against us

sky scout seems to rate him pretty highly- http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/15198/9048796/scout-mohamed-salah

Pace 8/10? lol

It should be 11/10.

huh??? seriously?

lets see city's player and their no. of apperances in all competitions.

player-appearances

1.richards-8

2.kompany-17

3.Pablo Zabaleta-27
4.Joleon Lescott-17
5.James Milner-30
6.Samir Nasri-28
7.Álvaro Negredo-33
8.Edin Džeko-27
9.Aleksandar Kolarov-27
10.Javi García-28
11.Jesús Navas-32
12.Sergio Agüero-23
13.Jack Rodwell-7
14.David Silva-22
15.Gaël Clichy-20
16.Fernandinho-29
17.Martín Demichelis-15
18.Matija Nastasić-18
19.Stevan Jovetić-6
20.Dedryck Boyata-6
21.Yaya Touré-29
with that squad strength i can actually see why they are being tipped to do a domestic treble this season. oh well!!!

Sorry, I was limiting it to PL appearances. It seems unfair to preclude players like Essien and Ake from our list and include Boyata and Rodwell on their's.

This is exactly why our name is even being throw into the mix: to increase Liverpool's bid. I doubt there is genuine interest from us, imo.

Sorry, I was limiting it to PL appearances. It seems unfair to preclude players like Essien and Ake from our list and include Boyata and Rodwell on their's.

i always thought that a season comprised of close to 60 matches not 38, hence why u need a "big squad". last season we played close to 70 matches.

ake has made 0 appearances for us, kalas has made 1 appearance while essien has made 9.

on the other hand, boyata and rodwell have made 13 appearances combined.

i always thought that a season comprised of close to 60 matches not 38, hence why u need a "big squad". last season we played close to 70 matches.

ake has made 0 appearances for us, kalas has made 1 appearance while essien has made 9.

on the other hand, boyata and rodwell have made 13 appearances combined.

Fair enough. I still think Man City are weak in midfield beyond Fernandinho and Toure. Few clubs have the perfect squad and I think our's is approaching a very balanced state.

I hope so, the name we are being linked to today doesn't excite me.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a real talent with great potential. But, just like Barkley, is the wrong signing for us, imo. We need a backup AM while he needs to be a starter to develop properly.

Be very happy with this signing if it happens.

But....But...he can't replace Mata, even though Mata was replaced on the right-wing by Willian and Jose wants an athletic, left-footed, right-winger and this guy is promising, cheap and young.

Fair enough. I still think Man City are weak in midfield beyond Fernandinho and Toure. Few clubs have the perfect squad and I think our's is approaching a very balanced state.

i like the intent of the club. believe me. its not that i dont get what jose is trying to do here. despite us being 3rd and safely in the next round of CL and FA, we still had some work to be done on the squad and that is what we are doing.

reports are in that essien is on his way out to ac milan and BA on his way out to turkey, plus selling off our 6th AM to buy a first team DM is all great. but sometimes too many changes can spoil the squad harmony.

i like the intent of the club. believe me. its not that i dont get what jose is trying to do here. despite us being 3rd and safely in the next round of CL and FA, we still had some work to be done on the squad and that is what we are doing.

reports are in that essien is on his way out to ac milan and BA on his way out to turkey, plus selling off our 6th AM to buy a first team DM is all great. but sometimes too many changes can spoil the squad harmony.

I do agree, but what he seems to be doing is building the squad he wants and shipping out some dead/unsuitable wood. I like his ruthlessness in some ways.

Like he can replace Mata .. pfff

As a 4th-5th choise AM? he surely can, he would add something we dont have - a left footed RW who can score. Mata was never a good fit to Jose's side, so it will be pretty easy for Salah to claim Mata's "reputation" this season.

I do agree, but what he seems to be doing is building the squad he wants and shipping out some dead/unsuitable wood. I like his ruthlessness in some ways.

to each his own then. i honestly would have been happy with something like

out -kdb, essien

in - matic.

build on the this year's performances. sell off ba, mata etc in the summer and buy who ever he thinks apt.

Why will he be hated?

Because people dont rate him(look at Willian signing , people didnt like it) and he is kinda a replace of Mata. You know, people are too sensitive nowdays, balls are shrinking and pussies are growing.