Nemanja Matic

.Cee

He had a good debut.

Thought our midfield was a bit on the slow side though; you could see that in quick transitions, only the AMs and Eto were involved. Neither Lamps nor Matic joined them. * watched recording so could pay attention to those things.

Still rely heavily on Ramires to do the B2B thingy, or perhaps MVG once he'd back. Don't think Lamps has the legs for that any more.

Untrue. The ball was arriving to the AM and the two wingers quickly because of Matic's style of play. I thought the attacking play and transition was very good. Matic makes the play so much better and like has already been stated, it should have been 3,4,5-nil

Video on his touches that I found although it doesn't have any sound. His passing was arguably a little erratic at times but I think it was likely due to nerves and the fact that he's always looking to play a forward pass, which is very refreshing to see. Some of his passes later on in the game were excellent - the one to Oscar before Schurrle hit the crossbar and the one to Ramires for the penalty incident, in particular. Indeed as the game progressed he settled into it very well and was a very composed presence that gave assurance to the midfield and as such more liberty to the forward players (as did Stoke's lack of attacking imagination, in fairness). Imagine how deadly the pivot could be with a world class DLP next to him! I don't feel Ramires cuts it personally, because for all his athleticisim, he's just not good enough technically.

Or even a world-class midfield controller, a'la Gundogan, Modric or Fabregas. A lot of people seem to think Ramires' place in the future of this squad is certain, but I;m not one of those. Like you said, Ramires' technical quality (especially his passing and his composure in and around the box) is lacking a lot. It sometimes costs us goalscoring opportunities and breaks up promising play. This actually happens a lot and these are the two things stopping Ramires from being a genuine world-class midfielder.

Its amazing how fast people forget contribution of certain players. Suddenly half of members doesnt see Ramires in this team anymore and wants Gundogans and Pogbas to buy buy buy. Yes it would improve this team furtherly I guess. But do we need them? Atm NO. Ramires is fantasitc midfielder who is warrior, great in defence and can drive the ball forward. He might not be techicaly superior, but still has many qualites that perfectly suit Mou system. Why the hell you think Mou will replace him? Ramires was playing nearly every game, even when he was visibly tired, Mou played him. Why? Because its obvious that he is important to this team and Mourinho. If Mourinho would rate some fancy passing ahead of workrate, Mata wouldnt be sold and Oscar wouldnt be starter. And people say Rambo will be replaced with someone technicaly superior. I think Hazard-Oscar-Willian and Matic (who can distribute ball well) are enough for creativity of our attack. Ramires on the other hand, offers best workrate, stamina and fighting spirit there is. Plus his attacking qualities are underrated.

I remember just two months ago when Rambo played a couple of fantastic games and 'apparently' Real was interested. People here were jumping in sky how superb Ramires is etc etc. Suddenly we buy Matic who was extremely required tbh and now some got spoiled and want to replace Ramires with 'fancier' Pogba or Gundogan. The players you dont have are always more "appealing", they say...Ramires is perfectly fine and plays big role here, the day he becomes old and out of form is the day we need to buy Pogba (or whoever). But certainly not now.

What we need now is striker who is deadly finisher and has good defensive contribution, and LB who will replace Cole. Thats about it when comes to URGENT. Then we need CB who will replace Terry eventualy. Plus we have plenty of backup in Ginkel, Romeu, Lukaku, Thorgan, RLC, Chalobah, Courtois, Piazon,...why the f should we spend money on CM ala Gundogan when we need to invest in top striker, who is extremely expensive nowdays (40-70mio) and would make our team nearly best in the world.

This^^

Mourinho doesn't want to turn our attackers to center backs as the media assume, he wants them pressing high constantly which causes pressure on the opposition while keeping our defense safe.

The blitzing handed out by Dortmund to Mourinho's Madrid in the CL semi's must have left an indelible mark on Jose. His plan for Chelsea mirrors that of Dortmund. The only difference is that we have (and even more so with our CF next season) better players to take it to a new level.

Its amazing how fast people forget contribution of certain players. Suddenly half of members doesnt see Ramires in this team anymore and wants Gundogans and Pogbas to buy buy buy. Yes it would improve this team furtherly I guess. But do we need them? Atm NO. Ramires is fantasitc midfielder who is warrior, great in defence and can drive the ball forward. He might not be techicaly superior, but still has many qualites that perfectly suit Mou system. Why the hell you think Mou will replace him? Ramires was playing nearly every game, even when he was visibly tired, Mou played him. Why? Because its obvious that he is important to this team and Mourinho. If Mourinho would rate some fancy passing ahead of workrate, Mata would be sold and Oscar wouldnt be starter. And people say Rambo will be replaced with someone technicaly superior. I think Hazard-Oscar-Willian and Matic (who can distribute ball well) are enough for creativity of our attack. Ramires on the other hand, offers best workrate, stamina and fighting spirit there is. Plus his attacking qualities are underrated.

I remember just two months ago when Rambo played a couple of fantastic games and 'apparently' Real was interested. People here were jumping in sky how superb Ramires is etc etc. Suddenly we buy Matic who was extremely required tbh and now some got spoiled and want to replace Ramires with 'fancier' Pogba or Gundogan. The players you dont have are always more "appealing", they say...Ramires is perfectly fine and plays big role here, the day he becomes old and out of form is the day we need to buy Pogba (or whoever). But certainly not now.

What we need now is striker who is deadly finisher and has good defensive contribution, and LB who will replace Cole. Thats about it when comes to URGENT. Then we need CB who will replace Terry eventualy. Plus we have plenty of backup in Ginkel, Romeu, Lukaku, Thorgan, RLC, Chalobah, Courtois, Piazon,...why the f should we spend money on CM ala Gundogan when we need to invest in top striker, who is extremely expensive nowdays (40-70mio) and would make our team nearly best in the world.

I hear you lad. No one is saying kick out Rambo. We are only pointing out his faults, which are further magnified by playing alongside such technically gifted players. Personally, I will like to see what van Ginkel brings to this team. An I also feel Ramires is going nowhere. Just has to improve his technique like everyone else.

The blitzing handed out by Dortmund to Mourinho's Madrid in the CL semi's must have left an indelible mark on Jose. His plan for Chelsea mirrors that of Dortmund. The only difference is that we have (and even more so with our CF next season) better players to take it to a new level.

Mou always played with high pressure. It wasn't from dortmund. If you watched inter milan, it was the same. Under ancelloti, we broke the goals record in the league and we couldn't find a single goal against inter. Dortmund did it better on the day but Jose was always using that tactic.

Mou always played with high pressure. It wasn't from dortmund. If you watched inter milan, it was the same. Under ancelloti, we broke the goals record in the league and we couldn't find a single goal against inter. Dortmund did it better on the day but Jose was always using that tactic.

Hmmm, maybe against some opposition, but it's not really a footballing philosophy associated with Mourinho. Mourinho wants us to press up the pitch in every game like Dortmund does. Never saw his Madrid or Chelsea team do that.

Hmmm, maybe against some opposition, but it's not really a football philosophy associated with Mourinho.

Nah, his Inter and Real teams are known for their high pressing qualities. High press is just a facet of any philosophy, you could be a high pressing counter attacking team or a high pressing possession based one. There are variations.

Hmmm, maybe against some opposition, but it's not really a footballing philosophy associated with Mourinho. Mourinho wants us to press up the pitch in every game like Dortmund does. Never saw his Madrid or Chelsea team do that.

Madrid we're a high pressing team too. But different to dortmund because the only hard worker in their attack was dimaria. The rest (ronaldo, ozil, benzema) were all lazy bums in defending.

But mourinho could cope with it because they all had speed though.

I watched the match same as you guys but if you watch this;

it pretty much looks like a highlight reel and that's from one match.. his (full) debut match in fact! Mourhinio referred to Matic as his 'Spiderman' because he gets his legs and his body in and gets the ball and i can see where he's coming from, really really happy with this signing i don't feel like i can say that enough lately!

WELCOME BACK, NEMANJA! I AM HAPPY AGAIN TO LOVE THE BLUES! Finally someone to play along with Ramires! wishing Nemanja a happy and healthy career in London!

Bring on more depth, Chelsea. the 2nd blue revolution will be complete when Torres and Mikel are outta here.

I feel happy still with Nemanja's return!

Good debut for Namajna. Started out a bit nervous in the opening 10-15 mins (which is to be expected on his debut), but really grew into the match. Defensively he was incredibly impressive especially with some of the interceptions in the first half and start of the second. Felt he kinda slowed down towards the end of the game, but that is normal in his first full game in English football.

Maybe because he's the guy in direct competition with Matic for a place in the XI? :doh:

Not really. Frank and Rami have been the most used duo in the pivot. So if Matic is replacing someone in the XI, it'll be one of those two.

Heheh al Nemanjas are awesome at football :ph34r:

I'm called Nemanja

I'm awesome at football

Jokes aside, he had a rather good game against Stoke, especially with his ball distribution a few times. Really happy for him! Hoping to see him tonight also :blue scalf:

Heheh al Nemanjas are awesome at football :ph34r:

I'm called Nemanja

I'm awesome at football

Jokes aside, he had a rather good game against Stoke, especially with his ball distribution a few times. Really happy for him! Hoping to see him tonight also :blue scalf:

Great to see you back posting mate, you have been missed! :)