Nemanja Matic

.Cee

Unpopular opinion but I feel he was much better last season. He's had a few highs this season but he was far more consistent the previous campaign imo.

Seriously? I think he has grown leaps and bounds this season and established himself as one of the best DM around Europe if not the best one.

He had a shaky start to the season in my opinion, but I would say that it was due to Cesc not yet being completely comfortable in the central partnership initially.
It is after all no coincidence that as Fabregas has taken more defensive responsibility, Matic has started to look more solid.
They have a better understanding about what to do when one goes forward, who covers what spaces and other things that you need to develop through mutual experience rather than by a powerpoint in the dressing room.

All in all he has been one of, if not the best, central midfielder in the league. I thought Mikel had an acceptable game against Newcastle by his standards, but I still thought that it was obvious what a difference Matic makes.

It is possible that Matic looked better last season because we played more cautiously, but also because of the contrast to different pairing combinations of Lampard/Mikel/Ramires (its amazing how much stronger we have become). Cesc also takes a lot of the spotlight (ridiculously good player).

I have two questions and want to see people's thought.

Would he had flourished had he stayed with us back when we exchange him for David Luiz?

And giving that we are doing good with Matic and Fabregas in the pivot, do you think this will continue to be the lineup when we face say PSG? Bayern or Real Madrid?

Or we will see Ramires in the mid and move Fabregas up to the number 10 role?

I have two questions and want to see people's thought.

Would he had flourished had he stayed with us back when we exchange him for David Luiz?

And giving that we are doing good with Matic and Fabregas in the pivot, do you think this will continue to be the lineup when we face say PSG? Bayern or Real Madrid?

Or we will see Ramires in the mid and move Fabregas up to the number 10 role?

No, if he had stayed here he wouldn't be half the player he is today.

I think we will use Ramires on the wing in big games. Other than that, should be the same line up.

9 tackles, 5 clearances, 2 times possession gained, 11 interceptions, 2 blocks. WHAT A PLAYER! Cahill and JT could've got their deck chairs and pina coladas out today and it wouldn't have mattered.

Nice! Do you also have the stats of Mikel?

He makes the game look so easy. The way he just burts through and in other words says: "I'm coming through. Move". He is a master at anticipating and intercepting balls. He can play with the ball very well too. I hope by the end of the seasom, assuming his form does not falter in a downward spiral, he is in the team of the season because has has been immense this season. Best DM in Europe for me. What a performance applr.gif

9 tackles, 5 clearances, 2 times possession gained, 11 interceptions, 2 blocks. WHAT A PLAYER! Cahill and JT could've got their deck chairs and pina coladas out today and it wouldn't have mattered.

Think you mixed up the numbers for interceptions and possession gained, mate.