Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Best CM Pairing?

Gilvorak
Followers 0

Wish Mourinho would stop being so stubborn and play a pivot of Oscar-Mikel/Ramires. Creativity with dynamism or defensive discipline, depending on which of Mikel and Ramires features.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jose played what he thinks is his best team yesterday because he knew we just HAD to win and we only have Swindon in midweek so there is no need to rest players. And that goes for the pivot as well. Jose said in his long post-match Sky interview that we want to play possession football, and for that purpose, Mikel-Ramires is the obvious best pairing.

Lampard would get eaten alive against any combination Villas Boas fields v us. He wouldn't even see it coming. They have bought really well, and have a lot of fast, strong, tall and technically sound players now.

As Mourinho himself said, Mikel was great and gave us the balance we lacked all season with Frank in there. It's gonna be Ramires and Mikel plus any three of our magicians behind the striker.

Jose played what he thinks is his best team yesterday because he knew we just HAD to win and we only have Swindon in midweek so there is no need to rest players. And that goes for the pivot as well. Jose said in his long post-match Sky interview that we want to play possession football, and for that purpose, Mikel-Ramires is the obvious best pairing.

DId he say that for that purpose Mikel - Ramires is the best pairing or is that your opinion and did he just say he wants to play possession football?

Wish Mourinho would stop being so stubborn and play a pivot of Oscar-Mikel/Ramires. Creativity with dynamism or defensive discipline, depending on which of Mikel and Ramires features.

So he won't play Oscar in midfield because he's being stubborn?

Could it be that he thinks Oscar (our best player this season) is more effective in the number 10 position rather than being 'stubborn'? I wanted Oscar to play in the double pivot, but Jose sees him day in and day out and doesn't agree, and I accept that because Jose has forgotten more about football than you or I will ever know.

I don't think he's being 'stubborn'. :doh:

This has to be the position we sort out next summer, maybe even a short term solution in January.

Arsenal supposedly are going to step up their interest in Gundogan, if he goes to Arsenal and we don't as much as show an interest i will cry, he is one of those take teams to the next level players, he is that good.

Argument over ,if there ever was one.

Lampard and Rammy controlled it ,the running and tackling of Rammy and the class of Frank and yes they do interchange and press together ,they work very well together and that is the key.

Frank had already provided two goascoring chances for Ba within 10 mins with first time passes into his path ,this means Norwich cant press us like they could if we were playing slow sideways passes in our half,this is when they can push up and press,like Spurs did in the first half.

Argument over ,if there ever was one.

Lampard and Rammy controlled it ,the running and tackling of Rammy and the class of Frank and yes they do interchange and press together ,they work very well together and that is the key.

Frank had already provided two goascoring chances for Ba within 10 mins with first time passes into his path ,this means Norwich cant press us like they could if we were playing slow sideways passes in our half,this is when they can push up and press,like Spurs did in the first half.

Yes, because we were just brilliant today, weren't we? :rolleyes:

And Lampard played very well for the first 15 minutes, then was pretty poor for the rest 75. Misplaced some short passes that my Mom would make!