Ronaldo wins FIFA Ballon d'Or 2013

Sidzeret

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Messi is the better player! and has been better than Ronaldo overall this year! if you base it on individual performances in 2013 Messi has performed alot better then CR7, Ronaldo has the better stats this year as Messi has had injury problems, but as we know stats dont tell the whole story! only reason why its close this year is because Messi has had injury problems this season, and people seem to only remember what each player has done in the last few months rather then looking at what each has done in the entire year!

Like Bale last season because he performed well from January to May everyone remembered that and forgot how average he was in the first 4/5 months of the season!

If it had been the other way around and Ronaldo was suffering with injury this season then no one would even be debating that Ronaldo should win it! i think that says it all really.

:fainthv9::fainthv9: :fainthv9:

To call someone ignorant just because they disagree is pathetic. Believe me I am alot of things but ignorant is not one of them.

When you say Messi is mediocre (which mean average), it gets really hard for people not to call you ignorant (and that is because The Skipper is very polite).

Messi isn't as good Ronaldo my opinion

Neither in mine!

I would much prefer to have Ronaldo in my team than Messi.

But that is not why so many members called you out. It was because you said Lionel was not a very good player (which is a completely dumb statement)...

And I am far from stupid, again because I disagree with you it's really not needed these constant derogatory statements. It's attitudes by the same people on here that does take some of the fun out of this forum. Nooner is ever allowed I disagree without being called a troll, ignorant, stupid or worse. It's ridiculous.

Sorry, but I only spoke the truth in all times we disagreed. I honestly believe some of your comments were/are stupid. I am not going to apologize for those things!

1. UK and British people would not have been 'gone' if you had lost the war. Saying you would is wrong because Japan and Germany lost the war and they are still here (and both are a better countries - statistics wise - than France and England, I might add). You were the one who got all sensitive and thought I was critizing the ribbon thing.

2. Calling another nation's president by 'Mr. President' (which is something not even Americans do) is diplomatically wrong. It is like me calling Queen Elizabeth, 'My Queen'. You dont bowl down to a chief of state if not your own! All you got to do is know basic diplomacy. And again, I wasnt criticizing your post towards JFK, I was just (initially) making a joke.

3. Disagreeing with the majority who thinks Messi is one of the best players ever is one thing. But saying he is average (I repeat, average) is one of the most stupid things a football fan can say! Anyone who thinks a player like Messi isnt amazing has serious problems. All I can say is that this person doesnt know a single thing about the sport of football. It is that simple!

I have nothing against you, but you do say some very weird stuff...

When you say Messi is mediocre (which mean average), it gets really hard for people not to call you ignorant (and that is because The Skipper is very polite).

Neither in mine!

I would much prefer to have Ronaldo in my team than Messi.

But that is not why so many members called you out. It was because you said Lionel was not a very good player (which is a completely dumb statement)...

Sorry, but I only spoke the truth in all times we disagreed. I honestly believe some of your comments were/are stupid. I am not going to apologize for those things!

1. UK and British people would not have been 'gone' if you had lost the war. Saying you would is wrong because Japan and Germany lost the war and they are still here (and both are a better countries - statistics wise - than France and England, I might add). You were the one who got all sensitive and thought I was critizing the ribbon thing.

2. Calling another nation's president by 'Mr. President' (which is something not even Americans do) is diplomatically wrong. It is like me calling Queen Elizabeth, 'My Queen'. You dont bowl down to a chief of state if not your own! All you got to do is know basic diplomacy. And again, I wasnt criticizing your post towards JFK, I was just (initially) making a joke.

3. Disagreeing with the majority who thinks Messi is one of the best players ever is one thing. But saying he is average (I repeat, average) is one of the most stupid things a football fan can say! Anyone who thinks a player like Messi isnt amazing has serious problems. All I can say is that this person doesnt know a single thing about the sport of football. It is that simple!

I have nothing against you, but you do say some very weird stuff...

I really dislike this silly fighting and I don't like to stoop to your level but talk about ignorant what you just wrote was nonsense.

Bring up the mr president thing which if you had even bothered to do your history and check your facts every president retains that title for life so to say diplomatically wrong, god that's funny. If I want to talk about JFK or any other person I will. Just because I am not American, god that's naive.

I am so bored to be honest, what you have just written is so unnecessary and I am sick of seeing your name after loads of posts I make. You are young that is the only excuse I can see for such petulant posts.

Please can you just ignore my posts and I will ignore yours, let's just pretend we can't even see each other's posts.

I am asking you politely, whether you agree or not is fine, it won't affect me going on here you are just some guy a very long way away from me who has VERY different views to mine .

Ok end of my communication with you, it is slightly ruining the fun on here so let's just leave it, ok?

To call someone ignorant just because they disagree is pathetic. Believe me I am alot of things but ignorant is not one of them.

Messi isn't as good Ronaldo my opinion

And I am far from stupid, again because I disagree with you it's really not needed these constant derogatory statements. It's attitudes by the same people on here that does take some of the fun out of this forum. Nooner is ever allowed I disagree without being called a troll, ignorant, stupid or worse. It's ridiculous.

No one is calling you ignorant or stupid.

What me and Rmpr are saying is that your post was ignorant and stupid.

We are not attacking you personally.

No one is calling you ignorant or stupid.

What me and Rmpr are saying is that your post was ignorant and stupid.

We are not attacking you personally.

Of course you are, it is the same thing. Just because i disagree, I am entitled to say Messi is the worst footballer in the world, if i want. It is an opinion, not stupid, not ignorant. RMPR has this too many times over too many subjects, particularly ones he actually knows little about. It's boring.

As i said I will just ignore it, ok? i wont put on ignore as that is childish but i will not enter into anymore pointless debates, as i am sorry they are personal attacks and its ruining the fun of the forum.

• 4 weeks later...

Spanish media reporting Messi has been informed Ronaldo will win it and has decided he won't be at the Ballon D'or ceremony.

When Cristiano decided not to go last year, he was massively criticized for being a "sore loser". If this is true now, how much do you wanna bet the messi fanboys will be saying it's a perfectly reasonable decision and he had all the right not to go?

Messi dribbles at players.. Cristiano dribbles around them...

Cristiano is a winger. His art in football is to cut from the sidelines by dribbling "around them". He does that like no other. When it comes to being a winger, on top of all of his qualities as an athlete is the fact that while being a winger, he somehow outperforms every striker in the world. So when you judge Ronaldo's role as a winger versus Messi's role as a false 9 instead of judging BOTH as false 9s, that makes the debate of Messi vs Ronaldo perfectly reasonable.

Yet unfortunately some people automatically assume that Messi is clearly better because of the spectacular dribbling that he does and Ronaldo doesn't. These people don't understand that Cristiano is a winger and as a winger he was not raised to attempt any of that because it's simply not his job to assume the position and role that would allow him to show off such dribbling skills.

Granted, if Cristiano played in the middle, you would see much more of him "dribbling at players"

but his job is not to be there.

Spanish media reporting Messi has been informed Ronaldo will win it and has decided he won't be at the Ballon D'or ceremony.

When Cristiano decided not to go last year, he was massively criticized for being a "sore loser". If this is true now, how much do you wanna bet the messi fanboys will be saying it's a perfectly reasonable decision and he had all the right not to go?

Cristiano is a winger. His art in football is to cut from the sidelines by dribbling "around them". He does that like no other. When it comes to being a winger, on top of all of his qualities as an athlete is the fact that while being a winger, he somehow outperforms every striker in the world. So when you judge Ronaldo's role as a winger versus Messi's role as a false 9 instead of judging BOTH as false 9s, that makes the debate of Messi vs Ronaldo perfectly reasonable.

Yet unfortunately some people automatically assume that Messi is clearly better because of the spectacular dribbling that he does and Ronaldo doesn't. These people don't understand that Cristiano is a winger and as a winger he was not raised to attempt any of that because it's simply not his job to assume the position and role that would allow him to show off such dribbling skills.

Granted, if Cristiano played in the middle, you would see much more of him "dribbling at players"

but his job is not to be there.

Cristiano isnt a traditional winger...

Anyone can tell you (esp. heat maps can tell you)... He's pretty much a second striker for Madrid... No winger would have that many opportunities to score all those tap ins and headers... ..No traditional winger can shoot 7-8 times a game and rarely cross the ball... You should know this better than anyone, having someone like Figo coming from your nation, that took being a winger to another level..

Also, its not that hes not in position, its more that he doesnt have the ability to...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oomOGN4IWqo

On a side note, it may have a lot to do with his body shape as well, since hes built more like a sprinter.....

If you watch American football, its like running backs that can juke/truck people out aka barry sanders vs running backs that uses their top speed as their main move...

It is what it is.