Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Everton v Chelsea

Jase
Followers 1

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see us go all out in this game simply because Everton are not the sort of team that sit back anymore.

Play Luiz. Play Mata.

My starting XI would be:

Cech

Azpilicueta - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Ramires - MVG

Willian - Mata - Hazard

Eto'o

High energy, creativity, defensively solid, brilliant technical ability in the front four (the link up play will be outstanding). Let's have them.

Yeahh. All of those four players have great technic. So we already have a striker with good technical ability and when they get good understanding between each other, the link up can be very exciting.

I'd love to see us go all out in this game simply because Everton are not the sort of team that sit back anymore.

Play Luiz. Play Mata.

My starting XI would be:

Cech

Azpilicueta - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Ramires - MVG

Willian - Mata - Hazard

Eto'o

High energy, creativity, defensively solid, brilliant technical ability in the front four (the link up play will be outstanding). Let's have them.

I hope the starting setup will look like yours, but I have my doubts Mourinho will start Eto'o and Willian. I'd expect them more to come in as a sub in their first official Chelsea match. I wouldn't be suprised if Mata will start the game.

Cech

Cahill- Luiz - Terry - Cole

Ramires - Lampard

Willian - Mata - Hazard

Eto'o

Cahill won't be at RB 100%. We have got a natural and a suitable RB in Azpi and Ivanovic who can play there. Apart from that I think the selection looks good but I can see Torres starting this one. I really would like to see Jose go with Willian, Mata and Hazard. That trio will terrorize other opposition for sure.

Playing Shurrle on the left might be a good idea to track back and curb the forward runs of the menacing Coleman. Hazard can be rested and Mata should get his must needed starting birth. Also the right time for Willian to make his debut even though i highly doubt Mourinho staring him over De Bruyne for this match unless he impresses him in training.

Also the right time to start building a strong pivot partnership with the likes of Rami and v. Ginkel.

The ideal setup IMO

Cech

Azpi Luiz Terry Cole

Ramires- v. Ginkel

Willian Mata Shurrle

Torres

Subs in: Essien/Lamps, Eto'o, Hazard/De Bruyne

----------------------Cech--------------------------

Ivanovic-------Luiz-------Terry------------Cole

-----------------Ramires---MVG-----------------

Schurrle------------Mata----------------Hazard

----------------------Eto'O--------------------------

SUBS: Schwarzer, Cahill, Lampard, KDB, Willian, Oscar, Ba.

My reason for picking Schurrle is to track Baines.

----------------------Cech--------------------------

Ivanovic-------Luiz-------Terry------------Cole

-----------------Ramires---MVG-----------------

Schurrle------------Mata----------------Hazard

----------------------Eto'O--------------------------

SUBS: Schwarzer, Cahill, Lampard, KDB, Willian, Oscar, Ba.

My reason for picking Schurrle is to track Baines.

But Coleman will exploit the right wing with his overlapping runs and Hazard is not known for his defending. Cole will have an interesting match

Does anybody know something about Willian's defensive contribution? Although I believe we could play a quite offensive style at Everton, we might have to deal with Baines' runs. Maybe even Schürrle again on the right?

Is more defensive and have more deployment than Mata , like a hazard .

Playing Shurrle on the left might be a good idea to track back and curb the forward runs of the menacing Coleman. Hazard can be rested and Mata should get his must needed starting birth. Also the right time for Willian to make his debut even though i highly doubt Mourinho staring him over De Bruyne for this match unless he impresses him in training.

Also the right time to start building a strong pivot partnership with the likes of Rami and v. Ginkel.

The ideal setup IMO

Cech

Azpi Luiz Terry Cole

Ramires- v. Ginkel

Willian Mata Shurrle

Torres

Subs in: Essien/Lamps, Eto'o, Hazard/De Bruyne

No Lampard? He scores goals for fun vs Everton!

Is more defensive and have more deployment than Mata , like a hazard .

Thanks. All right then I see no problem starting him. Baines will hopefully not have much time for attacking anyway.

No Lampard? He scores goals for fun vs Everton!

I think it's fair to rotate the pivot and give MVG a shot after playing Rambo and Lampard in the first 4 games, but Mourinho will probably stick with Ramires next to MVG/Lampard in front of our defence.