Willian

Jase

His stamina and pure energy is amazing, the only thing I don't like about him that he doesn't shoot enough. He has a fantastic technique, he scored some wonderful goals outside the box. He looks a little emberrased to try too much and passes instead.

Very solid first season. He works incredibly hard and doesn’t lose the ball cheaply like every other attacker in the team not named Hazard. He needs to take more initiative next season because he has the talent to do more.

Pleased for him that he made the squad for the World Cup.

Would like to see him work on his final ball and consistency in finishing...

Yes. A couple of times during the season on the counter attack he has chosen the wrong pass, it's that for me that lets him down.

He got into the world cup squad ahead of Coutinho, Lucas, Kaka and Robinho. If that doesn't mean at least a ''good'' season then our expectations are unreachable.

Countinho is the only player out of the list that does deserve to go to the world cup. He's had a great season and imo he's the best and most natural playmaker brazil currently has to offer.

Also the fact that Ramires,Oscar and Paulinho in particular made the list tells me this season's form wasn't taken into consideration whatsoever and the list has been predetermined a long time ago. The exclusion of atletico pair felipe luis and Miranda is also quite farcical.

Does scolari ever monitor Brazilian players outside of the Olympic and confed cup squad at all?.

Happy for Willian however and well deserved.

When I watch him play Stoned then I really see what this guy is all about, his dribbling is amazing and his work rate is awesome. He seems to be lost once he gets past the player because the runs in front of him aren't there. I can only see him getting better and better.

First touch, passing, shooting, decision making and intelligence (if that counts as an aspect of talent)

The wording was "far". Willian doesn't excel in any of these aspects far better than Moses, especially his decision making and intelligence are as bad/good as Moses's.

The wording was "far". Willian doesn't excel in any of these aspects far better than Moses, especially his decision making and intelligence are as bad/good as Moses's.

lol

sorry, but is there anything that Moses isn't far worse than Willian? Maybe they have about the same pace - Will may have more even - but everything else, yes, he's far better than Moses, not because Willian is that great, but simply because Moses is that bad.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice goal tonight, curious if he becomes a starter come WC.

I don't think so.. It looks like Scolari doesn't really want to change the Confederation Cup winner team. Fred, Oscar, Hulk and Neymar will be the starting attackers unless anyone get injured.