Willian

Jase

what a signing! One of the best this season. Needs to decide a little better, thought, but i think the problem resides more on the offensive manouvers of the team than the actual players.

Is he under strcit tactical instructions to slow the game down uneccessarily and ruin attacking moves one after the other. That can be the only logical explanation here plus he's been enrolling and receiving superb education from the ivanovic school of crossing.

He got the ball and immediately slowed play down. He has a great habit of putting his foot on the ball and doing that foot flick above the ball and then doing nothing with it. He has bundles of pace but doesn't use it enough for me.

He got the ball and immediately slowed play down. He has a great habit of putting his foot on the ball and doing that foot flick above the ball and then doing nothing with it. He has bundles of pace but doesn't use it enough for me.

strange ,, I saw him breaking fast out of defence ,,,, still enjoy what you choose to see

Have some patience. Give him time to adapt. Besides, Mourinho is obviously working out more our defensive aspects this season and that's absolutely 101% the correct way to achieve what he has in mind. He gets plenty of time in his first PL season, so apparently his coach sees something in him, he knows his player better than anyone. Have a little faith ffs! I think we need this engine to play along with Oscar and Hazard.

The bandwagon on this forum is brilliant.

Wasn't at his worst last night but a slight improvement towards the end; especially when he beat the Gala left-back with that step-over and put in the cross (went straight to the keeper but meh it was positive). We need to see more of that from Willian, he's definitely got it in his locker but he's missing something in the final third, confidence? tiredness? People have said his tracking back inversely affects his attacking play by saying he gets tired from tracking, leaving him out of breath for when he's against a defender in a 1v1 etc.

Not his biggest fan, but I'll support him every week nonetheless

There is no bandwagon in my opinion, it's members discussing where his weak points are and where he can improve. As games go on and he has ups and down's, each time it will be discussed. People will raise concerns as they see fit in conjunction with the match just played, it just raises debate and everyone can have input.

Personally, like Oscar, he is lacking confidence a little and along with that it could be tiredness. Willian has all the tools to be a superb addition to this team and has already improved under Jose he can adapt and come the season end he will of grown into a better player under Jose. Next season will be the yard stick for Willian and has the potential to superb here.

As a whole he's added a great addition to his game in the fact he now hunts down, tracks back and works tirelessly for the team, with only goals lacking, that will come. He has yet to complete a season with us under a new manager and what people forget is it's a new way of life for the lad, new culture and playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world is some pressure to produce.

Let's give him credit and wait and see what he can do for the rest of this season, because I firmly believe if he can just up it with a few goals, along with Oscar producing his early season form they can bring the title home. I'm still massively excited by what we can be with Oscar, Hazard and Willian....great times are ahead with these three I believe, we just have to support them and let them do their stuff.

We all saw that he isn't really a flair type of player. He is lacking the final touch to give something special for others.

But this guy can tackle, put a hard pressure (we saw on Yaya last time), he is fast and can pass nice long balls too. Why not try him next to Matic ?

I think he could be the DLP we are searching. Think about it.. :)

He did drop really deep a few times to receive the ball from the CBs. Filled into that role to spread the ball around a bit. Ramires was about as creative as a door knob, though that was no surprise. More of a patch than a long term solution.

His high work rate has made our fullbacks look a lot better than they really are IMO. Almost how malouda would allow cole to go further easily with his help.

Must start Wednesday.

He will. Must be the reason why he was rested today.

And it's not just our FBs but the entire defence. Azpi is probably the only one you can count on in that back 4 on their own. The rest are just too passive when left exposed.

His high work rate has made our fullbacks look a lot better than they really are IMO. Almost how malouda would allow cole to go further easily with his help.

Must start Wednesday.

Idd, though he may not be the anwser offensively. Our defence always looks solid with him around. Same thing happened at Villa when he went off (although we where also left with 10 men).