Willian

Jase

You guys have to keep in mind Brazil plays 4-3-3 and not 4-2-3-1 as we do - although a lot of people think we play 4-2-3-1. I don't know, maybe I'm going crazy, but both Hulk and Neymar played as second strikers in Confed Cup imo, while Fred was the CF.

We have a pivot + Oscar in the middle and three strikers: Neymar, Hulk and whatever #9 isn't injured or sucking much.

Willian's main competition is Oscar himself as our NT doesn't play wingers as Chelsea, but rather play them like some sort of strikers and second strikers - a role I don't think Willian is used to play.

Ramires wouldn't be in my starting eleven (as I said yesterday I favor first Paulinho + Fernandinho and then Gustavo + Fernandinho), but I'd have him in the squad. I don't like Lucas Leiva better than Rami and definitely not Hernanes. I like Hernanes playing where Oscar plays...

You guys have to keep in mind Brazil plays 4-3-3 and not 4-2-3-1 as we do - although a lot of people think we play 4-2-3-1. I don't know, maybe I'm going crazy, but both Hulk and Neymar played as second strikers in Confed Cup imo, while Fred was the CF.

We have a pivot + Oscar in the middle and three strikers: Neymar, Hulk and whatever #9 isn't injured or sucking much.

Willian's main competition is Oscar himself as our NT doesn't play wingers as Chelsea, but rather play them like some sort of strikers and second strikers - a role I don't think Willian is used to play.

Ramires wouldn't be in my starting eleven (as I said yesterday I favor first Paulinho + Fernandinho and then Gustavo + Fernandinho), but I'd have him in the squad. I don't like Lucas Leiva better than Rami and definitely not Hernanes. I like Hernanes playing where Oscar plays...

I have always seen it as a 4-2-2-2

Cesar
Alves - Luiz - T.Silva - Marcelo
Paulinho - Fernandinho/Gustavo
Willian/Ramires - Oscar
Hulk - Neymar

I have always seen it as a 4-2-2-2

Cesar
Alves - Luiz - T.Silva - Marcelo
Paulinho - Fernandinho/Gustavo
Willian/Ramires - Oscar
Hulk - Neymar

I know Fred rarely plays - as he's injured 90% of the time, but the main team is in theory double pivot + Oscar and ahead of them Hulk - Fred - Neymar.

Ramires doesn't play as a CM for Brazil they play him on the right so Ramires will be fighting with Willian for a starting spot in the team.

Their fantastic run in the confed cup included

Paulinho-gustavo

Oscar

Hulk-Fred-Neymar

There is no way their system will be changed after a good run.

From that we see two fast players with oscar central free role.

Unless scolari has not seen the problems with ramires on the wing then I don't see where ramires fits.

National team coaches tend to trust players that get him where he is.

Ramires is not a dm so he can't bench gustavo

Ramires is not benching brazilian favorite paulinho

Ramires is not benching oscar

That alone is no place in the midfield for ramires in the starting 11.

Then we have fernadinho looking much better ability on the ball than ramires. Which is valued by brazilian fans. Lucas/sandro is the second DM.

So a spot on the bench could be in serious threat.

If the coach goes super defensive and plays

Gustavo-paulinho

Ramires-------oscar

Fred-Neymar

This is the only way ramires is getting a spot for me which is very unlikely given the brazil fans will want them to attack everybody in their home ground.

He is massively overrated by our fans, fantastic work rate but very little end product.

For a 30 million pound player I feel that he gets away with a lot because he works very hard, needs to improve in both his final ball and chance taking.

But please, do carry on the jizz fest :D

Such a good player. I'm not really liking Oscar's form lately (tbf he was decent against Newcastle), Willian should get a few games in the #10 role again with Salah and Schurrle getting starts as well.

Yeah, but this cup game means more than that PL game because our hope of getting 4th place was already gone and our only realistic chance of making the CL was by actually winning it. The Arsenal game was more of a meaningless friendly than anything else.

If we won vs Newcastle and Liverpool we would have got 4th, i reckon if Barca beat us we would have likely put those 2 games ahead off the FA Cup final.

Really no difference between him and Oscar at this point, his actually playing better than Oscar so but he needs to help Hazard out when his marked tight like tuesday night, Last season Mata had 20 goals, Hazard 13, Oscar 12, Moses 11, Lampard 15 and even Torres had 22. The other creative midfielders need to step up they are simply not creating enough or scoring enough goals

To be fair, Oscar and Willian are both confined within the system. They both have to balance their creative freedom and defensive responsibilities. The same doesn't apply to Hazard. He still works for the team but is basically given full rein on what he can do going forward. It's no coincidence that Willian had his best game (in terms of effectiveness going forward) vs. Sunderland away (cup) when Hazard was on the bench. Schuerrle and KdB were facilitating for him.